10-22-14 11:57 AM
    I saw this.. great article.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:00 PM
    That was an awesome review. I just wish he didn't scare off half the human race from trying it though.
    10-22-14 12:02 PM
    "Numerous strangers have approached me to ask about the device. They are always men. The women I?ve shown the Passport to seem vaguely horrified by the thing."

At first my wife didn't believe they were going to put out a phone with sharp corners. She thought it would rip through her pocket or purse!.. lol

But now she loves it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 07:35 PM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 08:13 PM
    Terrific article. Sums up my experience as well.

Reach out to him on Twitter: @jonkay

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:06 PM
    It is truly a great review written by someone who needs it and consequently understands it's design. But, what is particularly interesting is what is largely missing, the so called app gap argument. Certainly, he touched on the Android compatibility but why didn't he go on and on about the smaller app selection. It's simple, there is no app to compensate for a rectangular screen that limits document creation/reviewing. There is no app to compensate for the absence of a qwerty keyboard with state of the art touch sensitivity. There is no app to compensate for a crappy battery. And finally there is no app that can compensate for the absence of hub and blend. By combining BB10 with an innovative hardware design, BlackBerry has broken the back of the app gap argument by highlighting core functionality The reason the passport is disruptive is that it changes the conversation and what people expect from mobile technology. Well done BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:36 PM
    It is truly a great review written by someone who needs it and consequently understands it's design. But, what is particularly interesting is what is largely missing, the so called app gap argument. Certainly, he touched on the Android compatibility but why didn't he go on and on about the smaller app selection. It's simple, there is no app to compensate for a rectangular screen that limits document creation/reviewing. There is no app to compensate for the absence of a qwerty keyboard with state of the art touch sensitivity. There is no app to compensate for a crappy battery. And finally there is no app that can compensate for the absence of hub and blend. By combining BB10 with an innovative hardware design, BlackBerry has broken the back of the app gap argument by highlighting core functionality The reason the passport is disruptive is that it changes the conversation and what people expect from mobile technology. Well done BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Hear hear!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:51 PM
    I like that part about his iphone remaining in the drawer.

Posted via the Blackberry Passport
    coopersloat and Suraj Jadhav like this.
    10-22-14 10:34 PM
    Im female, i like it too~
    Fair enough, the article was a bit stereotypic.

Time to buy the passport men, the ladies like it too.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:50 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    THBW: perfectly said.....

From my World Class Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:15 PM
    Good article. Appreciate the review.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    10-23-14 12:02 AM
    Great Article..i was in one of the retails stores today for festival shopping and they said they had atleast about 50 odd prebookings for the passport. Which not so bad. Mumbai has 100's of stores. So in a suburbun area to have 50 pre bookings it's a brilliant thing. One thing is for sure. Those who are ordering are being told to wait for upto 15 days minimum. Looks like passports are being produced as per demand. And all the initial stock seems to be over. Not heard such good news about BlackBerry in a longtime. The sales person told me there are a lot of queries for it and people wanting to buy it immediately, but quite a few had to be turned away as there was no stock.

Q10
    10-23-14 07:01 AM
    Jon Kay is my favourite writer at National Post. Great review from a real user, and not some tech geek from one of the Apple-shilling outfits.

I'm sure his experience with women being 'horrified' by the Passport will change soon, as more women like me begin to use it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:44 AM
    Jon Kay is my favourite writer at National Post. Great review from a real user, and not some tech geek from one of the Apple-shilling outfits.

I'm sure his experience with women being 'horrified' by the Passport will change soon, as more women like me begin to use it.

Posted via CB10
    Right on!!
    10-23-14 07:54 AM
    Power-user review...
    Power-user phone...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    10-23-14 08:09 AM
    Seems like the title of the article was changed!

It now reads: "Jonathan Kay: Why I ditched my iPhone for Blackberry?s massive new Passport"

Whereas it previously read: "Jonathan Kay: Why I?m hooked on the clunky new Blackberry Passport, the world?s first male-gendered smartphone"

Guess someone at BlackBerry is doing their job!

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK and BeautyEh like this.
    10-23-14 12:19 PM
    Great article to show it's more of a man's phone not only that it's a luxury phone!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 04:12 AM
    Great article

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-02-14 05:03 AM