So, while I was scrolling through my hub earlier today, I realized I was using the screen. Immediately I switched back to using the capacitive keyboard and remembered what a joy it was to have this feature. Why had I gone back to using the screen?

I realized: because I can't open a message without clicking on the screen. Why use two different input methods? So, I still habitually use just the screen when I have this amazing technology right underneath it, easily within reach of my thumbs. I love having both the touch screen and the keyboard and realize that both serve a purpose. But sometimes when I am using the keys, I just want to keep on the keys... and I think it's perfectly plausible.

I really hope that they add more functionality to the amazing technology that we have. A double tap on the keys to use the keyboard just as the trackpad. Not only would this be great for web browsing, as many people have already said, but also in the hub for opening messages. Please add this to my wish list. The Passport is the best all around device I have ever owned but I still sometimes miss the functionality of the trackpad. Does this mean I need to buy the Classic? I can't give up the form of the Passport. I just want a bit more function to meet up with it! Keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste are another thing I hope to see the future bring...

Anyone else feel the same? Or have any other useful ways that updates could improve on this great device?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    sapk likes this.
    12-11-14 06:25 PM
    Totally agreed! I think that BlackBerry should work out in the next update, more about the function of the virtual track pad.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-12-14 05:49 PM
    couldn't agree more. hoping for more functionality on the capacitive keyboard.
    12-28-14 02:17 AM
    Keyboard should support all the touchscreen gestures but unfortunately thats would be impossible with current hardware that only recognizes one touch input.
    12-28-14 02:20 AM
    Good idea.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:01 AM