so i have had my att PP for about 1.5 months. i have read the manual and help sections and all of these posts . the PP is the best phone/device i have ever owned . i have it set up to be efficient and easy to use. the one functionality i just cant seem to figure ,however , is the maps or navigation functionality. i also have a verizon phone and use vz navigator . it is nearly perfect .However, the PP just cant seem to get me anywhwere .
    has anybody else had this issue and if so are there any solutions other than turning off network signals
    thanks
    04-17-15 05:30 AM
    I noticed that with the 10.3.1 updates my GPS went down the crapper. I actually prefer Maps to anything else I've used, its simple maps are easy to quickly eyeball while driving and it never let me down since I started using it when it was called Traffic in the OS 5/6/7 days. It's route switching is far superior to anything else out there, even my stand alone Garmin. Once I got my first 10.3.1 update Maps basically became useless and no amount of help from BlackBerry or switching OS's seemed to help.

A couple of weeks ago I got it in my head that there must be something interfering with Maps' operation, which to me meant another GPS based app. Turns out the first one I deleted solved the whole issue; Poynt (Android version). Apparently Poynt doesn't play nicely with 10.3.1 and takes it out on Maps. I thought this was just a fluke but my wife found herself with the same Maps issue as I did after the .2576 update on her Z30. I told her to try deleting Poynt and her phone and its GPS are now working as they should.

For me it was Poynt, for you it could be something else. I would identify which apps use GPS and delete them one by one until a solution is found, I would start with Android apps.
    04-17-15 08:02 AM
    I have no problems with my GPS, and I am on 10.3.1.2708. I use the native BlackBerry maps because it is very easy to use and very accurate here in the USA. The map views are easy to read, and the voice directions are crisp and clear. I prefer it over my TomTom.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:33 AM
    My GPS is terrible, I've had the passport for about a month and a half, always loses signal, can't/won't refind the signal..super frustrating - probably the only downside to the device -well that and the occasional flicker
    04-17-15 10:47 AM
    I've had no problems with my GPS on my Passport either. The turn-by-turn is brilliant!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-17-15 10:56 AM