How safe is bb10 from hacking such as activating the mic to listen and stuff like that?
    05-09-17 07:21 PM
    If it's the government, assume it isn't.
    xandros9 and anon(9721108) like this.
    05-09-17 07:24 PM
    Just read another article that states that smart tv can send signals to activate certain features on your phone for spy advertising
    05-09-17 07:43 PM
    If it's connected to the internet then it's probably vulnerable.
    Nothing is "hack proof".
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    05-10-17 01:16 AM
    How safe is bb10 from hacking such as activating the mic to listen and stuff like that?
    BB10 is better

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-10-17 03:46 AM
    Every digital cell phone ever made can be remotely activated (mic, camera, basic location, and on phones with GPS, highly-accurate location), since the first GSM and CDMA "dumb phones." Technically it has to be done by the carrier, but you should assume that the FBI and NSA can likely do it themselves, or have enough carte blanche with the carriers (especially with AT&T, who is known to be VERY liberal with the feds) that they can have it done on demand.

The user-facing OS on the phone is irrelevant - these are functions that happen at the hardware level - or, rather, by the secondary OS/firmware that runs on every cell phone that handles low-level communications with the cellular network, and is controlled by the chip makers & carriers, not the phone manufacturers.
    xandros9 and jmr1015 like this.
    05-10-17 12:18 PM
    If you're worried about *targeted* gov't hacking then you might a well pick up a Palm Pilot.

But if you're worried about blanket, automated surveillance, worry about your online presence first.
    05-11-17 12:43 AM
    If you're worried about *targeted* gov't hacking then you might a well pick up a Palm Pilot.

But if you're worried about blanket, automated surveillance, worry about your online presence first.
    I mean, I really have nothing to hide, just curious as to what can be hacked, I understand now about remotely activating features of my device, but with about app spying, I've read before that the qnx system on bb10 is so complex
    05-11-17 03:03 PM
    Assume it has been hacked.
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    05-11-17 05:46 PM
    It feels like nsa is spying on me and my tinfoil hat isn't working, any advises?

Tools not toys
    05-11-17 10:24 PM
    It feels like nsa is spying on me and my tinfoil hat isn't working, any advises?

Tools not toys
    Get off the grid and use a bigger tinfoil hat.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-11-17 11:40 PM
    Compared to what? I would wager BB10 is not a tempting target for most.

But some things are not specific to BB10. Do a search for SS7 vulnerability. If you are using a cell phone, you are vulnerable.
    Also I believe any of those "Stingray" type devices would get you. Maybe these things may not allow someone to read your messages if you have end-to-end encryption but they can track everything else about you and snag any cellular data.

Assume you are being tapped and act accordingly...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 01:00 AM
    The phone hack has been hacked.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 09:08 AM