Hello everyone,

I already have the Passport for about two weeks, but can't keep my mind and eyes off the Z30. Dammit. I bought an old cheap Samsung clamshell phone for backup. It's good and solid, but I still want that Z30. I know I won't be using it much if I buy it, since I heavily use Passport in and out of work. IF I decide to buy it, I'd like to think the Z30 as my game and entertainment device, but is it really ANY good at playing Android games? I mean I've tried Asphalt 6 and Real Race 3 on Passport and both doesn't work at all. Just blank and forced close. I don't mind much because I don't intend Passport for games. It's exclusively for works and networking (I'm a translator). It's so great I don't even need to carry my laptop around so much anymore, working anywhere I damn please.

What do you think, guys? Is Z30 really good at playing Android games? I love to play RPGs and adventure games. Better yet, has anyone ever tried installing PPSSPP from android to Z30? PPSSPP is a PSP emulator on Android. Does it work flawlessly on Z30? If it does, I'll but it right now. I already have a passport, but would like to have a BB10 that is also a beast at playing games.

It's all I can think of at the top of my head on the excuse of buying the phone.

Or should I just buy an android tablet instead? A lot of cheap ones with good specs out there these days, like Asus, xiaumiau, Lenovo whathaveyou. (I live in Indonesia, by the way)

Hmm...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-15-15 at 02:36 PM.
    04-15-15 01:29 PM
    why not get a z30 from ebay ,there are some good ones about
    04-15-15 01:34 PM
    Haha, I have the same urge. I switched from iphone to BlackBerry passport a couple of months ago, beeing brainwashed by cupertino since 2008. I am so remarkably pleased that I want to buy another BlackBerry product and have my eye firmly set on a z30 - even though I really don't know what I'm gonna use it for. Backup I thought, but honestly, I never part from my passport. But I want one nevertheless. Mostly cause I miss an all touch in the sofa sometimes. 16:9 also, but not that much to be honest.

 Passport
    04-15-15 01:37 PM
    I don't like Android but I would say tablets is the best choice for games and media. I suggest getting an iPad because they have way better selections of games and graphics runs nicer too. I have an iPad, a Galaxy Tab S and Passport and to be honest I don't use that much tablet anymore. Eventually you'll get bored of games and apps. The Passport is my daily driver overall and I can't say I can live without it.

Long live Blackberry.
    Larry Harper likes this.
    04-15-15 01:42 PM
    Haha, I have the same urge. I switched from iphone to BlackBerry passport a couple of months ago, beeing brainwashed by cupertino since 2008. I am so remarkably pleased that I want to buy another BlackBerry product and have my eye firmly set on a z30 - even though I really don't know what I'm gonna use it for. Backup I thought, but honestly, I never part from my passport. But I want one nevertheless. Mostly cause I miss an all touch in the sofa sometimes. 16:9 also, but not that much to be honest.

 Passport
    Yeah, true that. I think I miss the all touch sensation of my old android phones.
    04-15-15 01:56 PM
    I have both the Passport and the Z30. I end up using the z30 on weekends when I am consuming more media and don't wear a suit where I can properly carry a Passport.

I usually change phones every 6 months and even my carrier would give me a free phone by now but honestly, I am happy atm. Having said that it is worth mentioning I also have a Note 3 which I use when I watch YouTube videos before going to bed.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:56 PM
    I don't like Android but I would say tablets is the best choice for games and media. I suggest getting an iPad because they have way better selections of games and graphics runs nicer too. I have an iPad, a Galaxy Tab S and Passport and to be honest I don't use that much tablet anymore. Eventually you'll get bored of games and apps. The Passport is my daily driver overall and I can't say I can live without it.

Long live Blackberry.
    Tablet ya? Good advice, me think. I've never been an Apple user, ever. Never like what I heard about the imprisoning ecosystem (please excuse my bluntness). I don't know, I think I'll take the Galaxy. Thanks, thymaster!
    04-15-15 02:00 PM
    why not get a z30 from ebay ,there are some good ones about
    Unfortunately, ebay would be unnecessarily too expensive (in shipping cost) and too long a wait, for me. Thank you for the kind suggestion, though. I appreciate it.
    04-15-15 02:02 PM
    Thus far, no one yet confirms if Z30 is really any good at playing android games. So, in that particular regards, is it safe to assume that I'd better get an android to play android games? Not a Z30?

Thank you.
    04-15-15 02:16 PM
    Got a Passport and had my Z30 as a backup. But within a few days the Z30 felt strange in my hands and to use so sold it right away. Didn't missed for a second

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 02:53 PM
    Wierd how, if I may ask?
    04-15-15 02:57 PM
    Get ready for the slider!

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-15-15 05:06 PM
    I have Z30, and Passport, but for entertainment I use an IPad mini.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 05:26 PM
    I would guess you are best off buying an Android tablet if your primary usage would be Android games.

Personally, my usage would be different, but I have contemplated the same thing as you when I first got my Passport and still do sometimes. The Passport is great and has fulfilled my need, but I still have that thought in the back of my head that a Z10 or Z30 would compliment it quite well. I dunno, just seems like the Passport is a weekday phone and I need a weekend phone to compliment it.
    04-15-15 08:26 PM
    I would guess you are best off buying an Android tablet if your primary usage would be Android games.

Personally, my usage would be different, but I have contemplated the same thing as you when I first got my Passport and still do sometimes. The Passport is great and has fulfilled my need, but I still have that thought in the back of my head that a Z10 or Z30 would compliment it quite well. I dunno, just seems like the Passport is a weekday phone and I need a weekend phone to compliment it.
    A weekday and a weekend phone. Cool! Nice thought, Mirk.
    04-15-15 10:04 PM