This thing is awesome and makes the BlackBerry Passport have such a modern flare!

Now I have to wait 6 weeks to get my Vaja Grip (Black/Rosso Red) case.

Just got to not drop it for that long. Feels much easier to drop naked, that or increased paranoia!

I'm thinking to get a Clear Vue anti-glare screen protector too.

P.S. Not new to Passport, just sold my black one and upgraded

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:27 PM
    what no pictures?!
    anon(3630135) likes this.
    01-26-15 02:29 PM
    Congrats!!! Sounds awesome

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:30 PM
    Congratulations
    The red is proving hard to resist.
    Why do you prefer the red over the black (I'm going through the same process)?

Posted one-handed via Passport
    01-26-15 02:34 PM
    Pictures or didn't happen.

Q10 \m/
    01-26-15 02:38 PM
    Red really is a great colour. Still wondering how Limited it is though...no shortage of stock as far as I can see...For those that are considering a switch from black to red, if you have a chance to grab a red you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:50 PM
    Here's some photos! Taken with my canon 6D and only thing I did was auto white balance in Lightroom. The red really pops and is a nice deep red, as deep as it gets!

jay21jam6, Well I pondered on the switch for a while too and unfortunately lost out on the sale just less than 2 weeks before, so paid full price. There is 255 remaining in stock at the time I write this and was watching over past week (8-10 reds go per day, so seems lots of time left). What plunged me over is that I'm a die hard BB advocate and got both of my best friends hooked. I just think that red gives you the stand out difference even more for people to ask about your phone (and black passport gets that enough already).

P.S. I used photobucket to upload, in what way can I upload a photo in hi-res to post on the forums? Find too much quality is taken during the transfer to photobucket and tried to find a setting for hi-res, but failed...

01-26-15 04:10 PM
    Red really is a great colour. Still wondering how Limited it is though...no shortage of stock as far as I can see...For those that are considering a switch from black to red, if you have a chance to grab a red you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    I think now is a good time to buy. Once the 255 are gone, you won't see red again. We may find other variations as has seem to be happening lately
    01-26-15 04:12 PM
    I love the red passport but why the extra hundred bucks?!? At this point it's pretty obvious it's not very limited addition...

Sent from my Passport
    01-26-15 04:46 PM
    I love the red passport but why the extra hundred bucks?!? At this point it's pretty obvious it's not very limited addition...

Sent from my Passport
    Unfortunately I would have to agree with you. It is limited edition and they no longer manufacture them, but that will soon be the case with the passport later on ;P Generally I think people see limited edition as something that would sell out in a fairly quick amount of time (ie. Jan. 15th). At the current rate they won't sell out of them until mid Feb. at least...So yeah, 'not very' limited edition is a good way to put it...

BUT IT STILL HAS FLARE AND NOT AS COMMON AS BLACK!
    Last edited by shawngt2; 01-26-15 at 05:37 PM.
    01-26-15 04:59 PM
    Wow! That is a flaming red! Congrats!

I've been seeing a lot of Red Passports. Maybe it's the White variant which is limited. Anyway, I love both of them!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:59 PM
    Here's some photos! Taken with my canon 6D and only thing I did was auto white balance in Lightroom. The red really pops and is a nice deep red, as deep as it gets!

jay21jam6, Well I pondered on the switch for a while too and unfortunately lost out on the sale just less than 2 weeks before, so paid full price. There is 255 remaining in stock at the time I write this and was watching over past week (8-10 reds go per day, so seems lots of time left). What plunged me over is that I'm a die hard BB advocate and got both of my best friends hooked. I just think that red gives you the stand out difference even more for people to ask about your phone (and black passport gets that enough already).

P.S. I used photobucket to upload, in what way can I upload a photo in hi-res to post on the forums? Find too much quality is taken during the transfer to photobucket and tried to find a setting for hi-res, but failed...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...psvwvtzmyc.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ps68svol4e.jpg
    Thanks for the response.

I'm leaning hard towards picking up the red one. I have the black but the red looks awesome. After this batch is gone they won't be readily available.

I'm pretty confident we'll see the unveiling of the Visa/Victoria at MWC. Then the countdown begins for its release. So that's another device sometime this year. I'm definitely getting that one so long as the specs are on par with the Passport.

The red Passport haunts me. Only a matter of time before I pull the trigger.

Tabdus likes this.
    01-26-15 06:28 PM
    Very nice!

Red looks amazing, I'm switching asap as well
    01-26-15 07:05 PM
    Only minor negative thing in my opinion is that the back is more slippery. It is not a good naked phone and I am much more paranoid to drop vs the black one. Unfortunately my Vaga grip case is so far away...
    01-26-15 09:56 PM
    Use duct tape for now while waiting for the case to arrive!

The red Passport really stands out! Congrats!

Only minor negative thing in my opinion is that the back is more slippery. It is not a good naked phone and I am much more paranoid to drop vs the black one. Unfortunately my Vaga grip case is so far away...

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:23 PM
    Congrats bruv, get the Ringke while waiting for your Vaja...

RedBlackBeast
    01-27-15 01:40 AM
    Have a red z10 and decided to pass on the red passport. Looks pretty nice though.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:28 AM
    Thanks for the response.

I'm leaning hard towards picking up the red one. I have the black but the red looks awesome. After this batch is gone they won't be readily available.

I'm pretty confident we'll see the unveiling of the Visa/Victoria at MWC. Then the countdown begins for its release. So that's another device sometime this year. I'm definitely getting that one so long as the specs are on par with the Passport.

The red Passport haunts me. Only a matter of time before I pull the trigger.

I don't know about the Visa/Victoria. So far my conclusion is that the device is absolutely ridiculous! A pivoting 3 row keyboard which doesn't appear to give you any extra screen real estate except to 'hide' the keyboard and save what...2cm in length at the most...I like my keyboard exposed all the time. That is what having a BB is all about. I remember when I had the Torch and you lose quality of the click due to making the keyboard thinner. Best guess is that would also be the case. We'll see come March though
    Last edited by shawngt2; 01-27-15 at 12:56 PM.
    01-27-15 12:29 PM
    I don't know about the Visa/Victoria. So far my conclusion is that the device is absolutely ridiculous! A pivoting 3 row keyboard which doesn't appear to give you any extra screen real estate except to 'hide' the keyboard and save what...2cm in length at the most...I like my keyboard exposed all the time. That is what having a BB is all about. I remember when I had the Torch and you lose quality of the click due to making the keyboard thinner. Best guess is that would also be the case. We'll see come March though
    When the Passport first surfaced here, no one but no one like it. It looked weird and the dimensions were off. I remember reading that BlackBerry would be crazy to release such an ugly device. Well many more photos and information started to leak and slowly but surely it became more desirable. With the Visa/Victoria we've only seen the patent drawings and an overview of how it works. Based on the final hardware design of the Passport I'm betting BlackBerry hits another home run with this new design as well. And therein lies my dilemma. I know I'm going to get this new device when it drops. I already have and love the black Passport. I want the red one though it's impractical to buy it. I'm struggling with that.

Hulk123 likes this.
    01-27-15 04:04 PM
    If u had a gold one. i could see the reason the brag.
    01-27-15 04:09 PM