Every time I see the Passport, I feel as if I'm going to snap it in two, length ways. Weird really...
    Lovely photos of the device.
    08-29-14 08:26 AM
    Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 800MHz RAM, 32GB Flash, Hot-swappable MicroSD slot (up to 64GB).

So, up to 96GB of memory
    "Up to 64GB" is false by the way.

BlackBerry leaked the official Passport specs through a backdoor in the compare function on their homepage, which states up to 128GB.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:54 AM
    "Up to 64GB" is false by the way.

BlackBerry leaked the official Passport specs through a backdoor in the compare function on their homepage, which states up to 128GB.
    I remember with the Z30, they said up to 32GB, but people had no problems putting in 64GB cards.
    08-29-14 11:14 AM
    Sometimes those storage card specs are based on outdated card capacity availability. You see it with RAM on computers too. Those specs are written up during the development process, and with advances coming as fast as they are in memory, by the time the device is released there is a whole new generation of memory on the market.
    08-29-14 11:46 AM
    Zdravim do Čech :-)

I would like to ask whether it is okey to use with one hand. I mean like to call, receive call, to simply do the most simplistic operations. I have been using iPhone for 7 years, but now this device looks like a game changer. It is awesome, but only thing i am afraid of is the size. thanks for help!
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-29-14 03:51 PM
    Zdravim do Čech :-)

I would like to ask whether it is okey to use with one hand. I mean like to call, receive call, to simply do the most simplistic operations. I have been using iPhone for 7 years, but now this device looks like a game changer. It is awesome, but only thing i am afraid of is the size. thanks for help!
    Ahoj

You can manage basic actions like receiving a call, viewing calendar, BlackBerry Hub and other stuff with one hand without a problem. I don't say it's the most comfortable for one hand use, you can't grab it tight like an iphone or a Z10, you have to sort of balance it on your palm, but the rubber-like back finish helps a lot. So yeah, you don't have to hold it in both hands all the time, but you most likely will every time you'll be able to, because it's more comfortable. It basically the same with huge phablets like Note 3, I've been watching people using it and the mostly balance it on one hand or hold in left hand navigating with the right one. By the way I hated the square display on the Q10, the web browsing experience was horrible, but I loved it on Passport, cause it's huge and 1:1 actually makes more sense for web browsing or document reading than the movie format 16:9 (I rarely watch videos on my phone anyway).
    marthynovak and light_barer like this.
    08-29-14 04:59 PM
    The Z10 seems that can handle 128gb cards, so I'm sure passport will have no problem with that

128GB MicroSD card will work in the BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and Z30 ? NerdBerry
    08-29-14 08:44 PM
    Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 800MHz RAM, 32GB Flash, Hot-swappable MicroSD slot (up to 64GB).

So, up to 96GB of memory
    Wrong. It supports up to 128GB external memory.
    08-30-14 01:20 AM
    At least some good news. It looks absolutely gorgeous, but i am afraid i cant say yes or no until i have it in my hand. time to construct or buy some mockup . Cant wait! I have visited alza yesterday to find a phone as wide as this blackberry, but the only one it was close to it was lumia 1520 and HTC One Max and they are both somehow acceptable.
    08-30-14 02:21 AM
    Oh man these pictures are making me super excited for the phone. Looks so nice!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 02:41 AM
    W

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:14 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Brilliant!!! Can't wait to move from my Q10 / Z30 to the Passport!!!
    austriker likes this.
    09-08-14 08:24 PM
    Any "camera cant be started" error when launched the camera app, or via BBM or whatsapp, facebook, igrann?
    09-09-14 07:56 AM
    Any "camera cant be started" error when launched the camera app, or via BBM or whatsapp, facebook, igrann?
    Nope, but it's a software problem and the Passport was running an older build than my Z10, plus Passport has 3 gigs of RAM, so it's not that easy to run out of memory

Posted via CB10
    euphoria_driod likes this.
    09-09-14 08:28 AM
    Nope, but it's a software problem and the Passport was running an older build than my Z10, plus Passport has 3 gigs of RAM, so it's not that easy to run out of memory

Posted via CB10
    If you have experience with the Q10's keyboard, how does it compare in terms of keypress-feel?

I think a number of Q10 owners who were unfortunate enough to experience "double typing" hardware issues are as curious as I am if the Passport will experience the same issue.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    09-09-14 10:11 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    How is the keyboard experience compared with the best in the business.. the iconic bold 9900?

This is key for me.. i hated the q10 keyboard but loved the typing on the bold 9900....

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:12 PM
    Curious as to why you hated the Q10 keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 10:58 PM
    If you have experience with the Q10's keyboard, how does it compare in terms of keypress-feel?

I think a number of Q10 owners who were unfortunate enough to experience "double typing" hardware issues are as curious as I am if the Passport will experience the same issue.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    The doubletype issue is a problem that occurs after a longer period of using the keyboard. I've tested Q10 for 2 weeks last year and never experienced the problem. It also did not occur on the Passport, but it doesn't mean it won't after a few months of everyday typing. I just hope BlackBerry fixed the problem. Otherwise keypress felt almost similar to Q10, the only significant difference is in the keyboard layout, you have to get your muscle memory used to a wider keyboard, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:41 AM
    How is the keyboard experience compared with the best in the business.. the iconic bold 9900?

This is key for me.. i hated the q10 keyboard but loved the typing on the bold 9900....

Posted via CB10
    What did you hate on the Q10 keyboard exactly? I've owned a Bold 9700 for more than a year and 9900 for about half a year and both Q10 and Passport keypress feels a bit less stiff than on both Bold devices, but it's a thing you get used to, I didn't mind it personally.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 11:44 AM
    Thanx for sharing your information
    09-10-14 12:13 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bold 9900 keys were better spaced out and typing was flawless... with the q10 keyboard the keys are too close to each other and I am constantly pressing the wrong key and typing is awful on the keyboard for me....

So my q10 collects dust... using z30 (main) and Iphone 5 (photos, etc)...

Passport 's keyboard looks large and well spaced out....

The bold 9900 keyboard to this day is still the most efficiently designed keyboard out there!!.... there are reasons why so many still cling to their bold 9900!

Had mine not been stolen i would still use it for emails, phone calls....

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:38 PM
    O didn't switch directly from 9900 to Q10 to compare such small details, I bought my Z10 before I got to test the Q10, but I still think you would get used to the small difference in key spacing if you gave it another try. I didn't by Q10 because the screen was just too small and I already got used to typing on an awesome software keyboard on my Z10, which was actually my first smartphone with no hardware keyboard, I used to be a keyboard freak for a very long time

Z30 is a nice Berry too, great battery life.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:49 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have them all and use them all z10,q10,z30.... prefer z10 best of those three and also carry iPhone 5...

Passport is what I hope is best..want the amazing keyboard experience I had with bold 9900 bb!!.... prefer keyboard to touch...

Looks like passport has it.. plus awesome camera and big screen for easy reading....

Thanks.....

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 08:04 PM
198 ... 678