thank you for sharing!

i was wondering if you could describe the typing experience. the keyboard looks good, but it seems very low on the device. does it balance well as you type on it? does it feel top heavy? is hitting the bottom row of keys (notably the space key) feel awkward?

thanks again!
    I had the same concerns. It's perfectly fine. I had an opportunity to try out a local carrier test model for about 4 hours and typing on it turned out to be quite pleasant. The distance your fingers will have to travel is noticeable and takes a bit to get used to, however not a concern from my perspective. The one benefit that carries over from the full touch devices is the ability to use the swipe to left to correct or delete. I've come to appreciate this immensely on my Z10, so having that on the Passport will make correcting spelling or word selection a breeze. You'll enjoy it.

I did however find the space bar a tad on the small side. That took a little more getting used to.
    08-25-14 07:16 PM
    Any news on the estimated price? (since you're contact was testing it for a carrier they might have mentioned something)?
    08-25-14 07:23 PM
    It's nice to see Blackberry release a new device but from the looks of the passport size and shape it may be a hard sell for many. I know I wouldn't like the shape my daily driver!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:26 PM
    Looks like a sealed battery in the Passport. That's exactly why I hate iPhones.

Spare battery gives the freedom to carry on while iPhone users pull out their charging cables and look for a mains power point.

A bug down point in my view.
    You realise the battery on the passport literally almost 2.5 times the capacity of the iPhone?
    08-25-14 07:58 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experiences! Each time I see the Passport, I only want it more!

Quick question for you:

The spec list didn't mention USB OTG or FM radio. Do you know if these are present on the Passport??

Thanks!
    raino likes this.
    08-25-14 08:24 PM
    Looks like a sealed battery in the Passport. That's exactly why I hate iPhones.

Spare battery gives the freedom to carry on while iPhone users pull out their charging cables and look for a mains power point.

A bug down point in my view.
    Don't compare the small under 2000mah battery to the behemoth 3450 in the passport...I have the z30 non removable 2880 mah and all day my phone last me and I'm a heavy user so don't worry about removable non removable

Posted via CB10
    allengeorge and MiSsY_ like this.
    08-25-14 08:31 PM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts & posting the great pictures

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-25-14 10:44 PM
    Did you attempt to run any andriod apps? Was the app performance better than the current bb10 line up. Just wondering if the specs make a difference. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:19 PM
    Thanks for all the info! Do you know how the autocorrect works? My Z10 is very aggressive, allowing me to type wildly from muscle memory but get the result I wanted. On the other hand, I suffered when I used a Q5 as a loaner phone for two weeks because the autocorrect rarely kicked in.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-25-14 11:30 PM
    So weird, I actually had a dream last night of me buying the Passport and picking it up for the first time and loving it. The difference between my dream and the actual device is the back side is made of chrome looking finish with curvatures and contours the shape of its battery, similar to the old HTC Incredible. I think I might actually consider buying it after seeing your photos!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:43 PM
    Awesome pics. Looks like a great unit.

I will likely wait until peopke have owned them for about 6 months, to see if the Q10 "double type" problem doesn't occur on the Passport.

If the keyboard's built to last, I may consider giving BlackBerry another chance!

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    SBrowne823 likes this.
    08-25-14 11:56 PM
    No offense intended but there's something very hot about a lady using a BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3253 CB10
    08-26-14 12:05 AM
    Thanks for the pics and the article Ruslan.

The back of the passport is slippery or it's like the one of z10/30?
    08-26-14 12:08 AM
    What the heck is slim support?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 12:21 AM
    This is fantastic. Thanks op for sharing and the fine photography (nice bokeh! Slightly off topic, what did you shoot with??)

My one question was already answered (no sign but qi charging but he wasn't looking for it)

Stoked for the passport..

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 12:28 AM
    Do you think the +$700 price tag will translate if someone buys the device straight from BlackBerry? Because I know some countries have a lot of taxes and import duties (ie the Z3 not being under $200 in India).
    08-26-14 12:39 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experiences! Each time I see the Passport, I only want it more!

Quick question for you:

The spec list didn't mention USB OTG or FM radio. Do you know if these are present on the Passport??

Thanks!
    Usb on the go is available on theQ10.
    Let us hope itwillbe on the passport
    But i think so
    Bussinesmen is their target.
    08-26-14 12:39 AM
    ????

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:32 AM

Quick question for you:

Thanks!
    Sorry, didn't have a USB OTG cable nor headphones to test those features.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:21 AM
    Any news on the estimated price? (since you're contact was testing it for a carrier they might have mentioned something)?
    From another source I've heard that the official price for Passport in the Czech Republic should be about $760 USD (after conversion from CZK) and $570 USD for the Classic, so I guess the price in Canada shouldn't be any higher.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:24 AM
    Did you attempt to run any andriod apps? Was the app performance better than the current bb10 line up. Just wondering if the specs make a difference. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    There were no Android apps installed, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:26 AM
    Thanks for the pics and the article Ruslan.

The back of the passport is slippery or it's like the one of z10/30?
    It's rubbery, almost exactly like the back of the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    bilbobagginz likes this.
    08-26-14 06:31 AM
    Thanks for answering! And I figured as much. But why does no one know?!
    It's not a deal-breaker as the Passport still seems like the best phone to ever come along thus far. But it would be sweet! And probably available as an update even if it isn't set up that way right away.
    Thanks again!

? Posted via CB10 on my ??Z30
    As I understand it, you use the keyboard like a trackpad to position the cursor, then double tap the keyboard but hold on the second tap and slide to select text.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-26-14 06:33 AM
    Thanks for all the information and for taking the time to share your experiences.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-26-14 06:34 AM
    From another source I've heard that the official price for Passport in the Czech Republic should be about $760 USD (after conversion from CZK) and $570 USD for the Classic, so I guess the price in Canada shouldn't be any higher.

Posted via CB10
    That's the price
    In Czech you're not with ? ? 578? for Passport in Europe

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:37 AM
198 ... 34567 ...