I am super happy that RIM/BlackBerry has remained on the forefront of technology. Do you all remember the hoopla that RIM created launching new blackberry with frontal cameras!? I am now excited all over again for a larger screen and full on keyboard device. I like BlackBerry for this reason as the company is not afraid to make technological breaks forward. I know BlackBerry was a bit late to launch devices at the time with frontal cameras unlike the other companies which were ahead of the game at the time. But BlackBerry does it again with another giant push in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    imadorkx likes this.
    08-25-14 05:36 PM
    I would love to see the phone as well if the guy's in Brno lol. Just kidding

Do you know if O2.cz is going to carry it? And if yes you think it will be QWERTY nebo QWERTZ?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:40 PM
    I would love to see the phone as well if the guy's in Brno lol. Just kidding

Do you know if O2.cz is going to carry it? And if yes you think it will be QWERTY nebo QWERTZ?

Posted via CB10
    LOL, didn't expect to see any more people from the Czech Republic Sadly I didn't get any information about carrier availability of BB Passport, nor about the QWERTY/QWERTZ versions. Personally I don't see it as a big problem, I was used to QWERTY since my first smartphone, but swapped to QWERTZ when BB lost a czech QWERTY keyboard in 3 leaks in a row, it's actually not that difficult to get used to another layout. Or you can re-map it software-wise and ignore what's written on the keyboard.
    08-25-14 05:46 PM
    Sweeeeeeeeetness!!! Every time I see new pictures of the Passport, it makes me want it more.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:48 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Btw, your English is excellent!

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-25-14 05:55 PM
    Does it have speed dial like the Q10? Holding one key and it dials a number?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:56 PM
    First of all thank you very much for your pictures and responses!

One of the most urgent questions I have is if the passport keyboard can actually be used comfortably when special characters are required such as in e.g. French or German language. One would expect that this would be the case for a Canadian company, however to me this experience on the Q10 has been quite a disappointment. Any feedback on how that works on the BlackBerry Passport?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:00 PM

One of the most urgent questions I have is if the passport keyboard can actually be used comfortably when special characters are required such as in e.g. French or German language. One would expect that this would be the case for a Canadian company, however to me this experience on the Q10 has been quite a disappointment. Any feedback on how that works on the BlackBerry Passport?

Posted via CB10
    That's a good point you bring up there. I currently use a z10 and a z30 so the touchscreen keyboard is good for me since I'm quad-lingual. But it'd be interesting to see how accents work on the passport
    08-25-14 06:10 PM
    Does it have speed dial like the Q10? Holding one key and it dials a number?

Posted via CB10
    Forgot to try this one out, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't keep this feature.
    08-25-14 06:10 PM
    I didn't notice any major difference in colours, but the display was extremely sharp and nice to look at. And it was brighter, yes. I also tried the internal speaker and it sounded more like Z30, I played the same video on Z10 and Passport and when Z10 maxed out Passport was barely at 2/3 of the full volume, didn't go any further in order not to interrupt other people.
    Does it has stereo speakers like the Z30?
    08-25-14 06:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    To enter an accented letter like a german “�“ you hold the letter A, first it makes it capital, but all the accented versions also appear in the bottom line of the display, so you have to tap the one you want. Not he the most handy way to do it, I also didn't try whether you can swipe the letter up instead of tapping the screen.
    08-25-14 06:15 PM
    This is more of a 10.3 question, but was wondering how well the Android Engine worked on the device? Once I see MS One Note run, I know they got it down!

As to the device itself, how "bad" is the exaggerated size as to portability and carrying it on your person (such as a belt clip, etc...).

Was it heavier than the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    gooz89 likes this.
    08-25-14 06:21 PM
    Does it has stereo speakers like the Z30?
    Not sure if it had multiple speakers like Z30, but the one I heard sounded as good and loud as Z30.
    08-25-14 06:23 PM
    This is more of a 10.3 question, but was wondering how well the Android Engine worked on the device? Once I see MS One Note run, I know they got it down!

As to the device itself, how "bad" is the exaggerated size as to portability and carrying it on your person (such as a belt clip, etc...).

Was it heavier than the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    1. No idea, there weren't any Android apps installed, but as I mentioned, the OS version was .296, so nothing newer than what we get via leaks.

2. Actually not bad at all, it fit very well in my trouser pocket, I even performed a few squats as my friend suggested when I told him I would be testing the Passport and I didn't feel any massive bulge dragging my pants down Another shot added just for you sir

3. Not sure, didn't have any Q10 on me at the moment. The Passport was nice and heavy, but like quality-material heavy, not OMG-why-did-I-get-this-brick heavy

Got my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-dsc_3927.jpg
    08-25-14 06:29 PM
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful fotos of the passport and taking time answering Q&A.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    08-25-14 06:33 PM
    Isn't it hard to type on or hold looks big and bulky?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:37 PM
    I have one question that nobody seems to care so much about other than me...
    How does copy-and-paste work? Can you use the keyboard as a track pad or does it work the same as the all-touch devices? This is a big factor for me as it seems like the only area where the legacy devices were more efficient. (I know that the Classic will close that gap but I prefer the Passport for every other reason so I hope they have done something clever with it for this specific feature, and the technology is obviously there to do so.)
    PS - thank you so much for taking all this time to answer questions. There are many excited people whose days have just been made!

? Posted via CB10 on my ??Z30
    08-25-14 06:40 PM
    Ruslan, thanks for the review, the great pics, and taking the time to answer questions. You know we appreciate any info we can get about the Passport.
    08-25-14 06:43 PM
    Looks like a sealed battery in the Passport. That's exactly why I hate iPhones.

Spare battery gives the freedom to carry on while iPhone users pull out their charging cables and look for a mains power point.

A bug down point in my view.
    But if the battery has a long lifespan, then a backup battery becomes moot.
    Last edited by Schmurf; 08-25-14 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo correction
    lawguyman likes this.
    08-25-14 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the timely responses.
    08-25-14 06:49 PM
    Ruslan, thank you very much for your review and insight. To the others who have posted here, there are lots of really good questions - I love the dialogue going on here. All good stuff to see!
    08-25-14 06:51 PM
    I have one question that nobody seems to care so much about other than me...
    How does copy-and-paste work? Can you use the keyboard as a track pad or does it work the same as the all-touch devices? This is a big factor for me as it seems like the only area where the legacy devices were more efficient. (I know that the Classic will close that gap but I prefer the Passport for every other reason so I hope they have done something clever with it for this specific feature, and the technology is obviously there to do so.)
    PS - thank you so much for taking all this time to answer questions. There are many excited people whose days have just been made!

Sorry to disappoint you mate, but I didn't really look into the text editing functions, I just tried typing and deleting words with the gestures, but the keyboard should have the same function as the optical trackpad on legacy devices, at least that's what I read when Chen announced the phone after the last financial report.
    08-25-14 06:53 PM
    Did you get irritated by the lack of the secondary buttons on the keyboard ? ( . / , ? ! etc. ), is it better this way ( on screen menu ) , or do you prefer the Q10's keyboard layout?

Thanks
    08-25-14 06:54 PM
    Thanks for answering! And I figured as much. But why does no one know?!
    It's not a deal-breaker as the Passport still seems like the best phone to ever come along thus far. But it would be sweet! And probably available as an update even if it isn't set up that way right away.
    Thanks again!

08-25-14 07:01 PM
    No problem pals, I've been as eager to get the Passport in my hands and also had tons of questions, so when I got lucky I figured I'd share what I found out with you guys. I enjoy visiting the CrackBerry forums because of the kind atmosphere that we got here and which is pretty unique nowadays. When I bought my first smartphone running PocketPC OS back in 2008 it transformed into a hobby just because of all the patient help and answers to my noob questions that I received at the SmartMania forums. Later on I've been a moderator for about 2 years and then started writing as an editor which earned me some of the closest friends from the community, so I do appreciate a positive spirit in the forums and try to help when I got time.

Anyway, I'm off to catch some sleep, will be back later
    08-25-14 07:03 PM
198 ... 23456 ...