I'm assuming that the one you got came with 10.3.0.1052 right?
    Also I saw in DHabkirk's channel that they might implement pinch the active frame to minimize? Is that a feature? Do you know if the smaller sized active frames will come to full touchscreen devices?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, not the 1052, it was the first thing I looked for, it was actually a .296 – the device is just for carrier tasting, I guess only BlackBerry staff gets the brand new updates
    About the frames - I asked the person how to make them smaller and they said it works automatically once you open more apps. But again this wasn't the final OS and the person wasn't working for BB, so I didn't get any future features insights. The carriers don't even care about the OS or things like audio output, from what the person said they only test whether the carrier's network features work fine on the device.
    08-25-14 04:53 PM
    Please take down those photos and upload them with the serial number blocked on the bottom of the device. That can get your friend into trouble.

A word of advice.

Posted via CB10
    Did you look at the pictures?
    08-25-14 04:55 PM
    Nope, not the 1052, it was the first thing I looked for, it was actually a .296 � the device is just for carrier tasting, I guess only BlackBerry staff gets the brand new updates
    About the frames - I asked the person how to make them smaller and they said it works automatically once you open more apps. But again this wasn't the final OS and the person wasn't working for BB, so I didn't get any future features insights. The carriers don't even care about the OS or things like audio output, from what the person said they only test whether the carrier's network features work fine on the device.
    Anything else different software wise as I already got a chance to play with the hardware

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:56 PM
    There weren't many apps in the menu, plus the person testing it already added their accounts to the settings, so I didn't want to open contacts or calendar for privacy reasons. Therefore I couldn't really test how many active frames it can manage, but I believe I've read earlier that it should be more than 8, maybe 12, not 100% sure.
    Great. The limited active frames right now is frustrating. Can't wait to grab this device and chuck my 5s
    bilbobagginz likes this.
    08-25-14 04:57 PM
    Great. The limited active frames right now is frustrating. Can't wait to grab this device and chuck my 5s
    We might get more active frames on the z10/z30. Think about it: the Z3 has 8 active frames with 10.3 and less ram. They should make it so there's 10 active frames on the z10/z10 and 12 on the passport

The Z3 has 1.5 GB of RAM and can now run 8 active frames. That means that with 2 GB of RAM surely we can run at least 2 more active frames

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:58 PM
    Would you be able to take more low light pictures if you still have the phone?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Nope, sorry, I don't have it anymore, just tested it during the meeting, will try to contact the person and ask to send some if they still have it (there were no pictures on the device, I checked).
    08-25-14 04:59 PM
    We might get more active frames on the z10/z30. Think about it: the Z3 has 8 active frames with 10.3 and less ram. They should make it so there's 10 active frames on the z10/z10 and 12 on the passport

The Z3 has 1.5 GB of RAM and can now run 8 active frames. That means that with 2 GB of RAM surely we can run at least 2 more active frames

Posted via CB10
    12 for sure my source confirm to me

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:01 PM
    Please take down those photos and upload them with the serial number blocked on the bottom of the device. That can get your friend into trouble.

A word of advice.

Posted via CB10
    I've blurred the serial numbers and PINs on photos and the screenshot before uploading, did I miss any?
    These pictures and subsequent information have definitely got me thinking about considering the Passport. My only issue is the keyboard. Having the physical keyboard is vital to me and im not sure if the Passport will feel the same typing wise. I can't stand touch screen keyboards so I'm not sure if I could adjust.

So my questions are:

Does it feel like you could type comfortably with the Passport? A document or an email for example?.

I see you've got Z10s there but have you used the Q10 or Q5? And if so, do you think the Passport's keyboard is as effective?

Lastly, I like being able to type very quickly, sometimes I don't even look at the keypad when I'm responding. Does it feel like you do this on the Passport?

Apologies if i'm asking too much, I know you only had 2 hours.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    gymger likes this.
    Can you ask someone to take a pic of you with the Passport in your hand, next to your ear as you are making a call?
    Nope, sorry, don't have the device anymore
    smart548 likes this.
    08-25-14 05:02 PM
    I've blurred the serial numbers and PINs on photos and the screenshot before uploading, did I miss any?
    2nd page, the screenshot bottom right corner

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:03 PM
    Does it feel like it weighs heavier than a Z30?
    08-25-14 05:04 PM
    Anything else different software wise as I already got a chance to play with the hardware

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, now that you ask - when I was handed the device, it had a big pop-up notification on the screen saying that it rebooted unintentionally and asking what were the reasons for it, right under the question were a few radio-buttons with options like intentional reboot by the user, low battery, system bug, I don't remember all of them, guess it was for diagonstic purposes.
    08-25-14 05:04 PM
    Oh yeah, now that you ask - when I was handed the device, it had a big pop-up notification on the screen saying that it rebooted unintentionally and asking what were the reasons for it, right under the question were a few radio-buttons with options like intentional reboot by the user, low battery, system bug, I don't remember all of them, guess it was for diagonstic purposes.
    Probably diagnostics but that's similar to windows. Interesting

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:05 PM
    From the photo which shooted with Passport(thanks Ruslan) i cann see that this passport had 10.3.0.428.......very old OSGot my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-951.png
    08-25-14 05:10 PM
    From the photo which shooted with Passport(thanks Ruslan) i cann see that this passport had 10.3.0.428.......very old OSClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Στιγμιότυπο οθόν&#951.png 
Views:	3665 
Size:	400.5 KB 
ID:	293537
    That's a cool website

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:12 PM
    Looks like a sealed battery in the Passport. That's exactly why I hate iPhones.

Spare battery gives the freedom to carry on while iPhone users pull out their charging cables and look for a mains power point.

A bug down point in my view.
    08-25-14 05:12 PM
    These pictures and subsequent information have definitely got me thinking about considering the Passport. My only issue is the keyboard. Having the physical keyboard is vital to me and im not sure if the Passport will feel the same typing wise. I can't stand touch screen keyboards so I'm not sure if I could adjust.

So my questions are:

Does it feel like you could type comfortably with the Passport? A document or an email for example?.

I see you've got Z10s there but have you used the Q10 or Q5? And if so, do you think the Passport's keyboard is as effective?

Lastly, I like being able to type very quickly, sometimes I don't even look at the keypad when I'm responding. Does it feel like you do this on the Passport?

Apologies if i'm asking too much, I know you only had 2 hours.

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    Yes, I've been using a Q10 for about 2 weeks before writina a review and I've owned a Bold 9700 and 9900 earlier. The keyboard itself is very comfortable if you ask about the feeling of it when you touch it or press it. As I said - the only disadvantage for me was the location of the keyboard, I'm not used to such a low position. I also type very quickly on my Z10 and I was typing really slow when I tried it first on the Passport, but it has its learning curve. I remember getting used to the SW keyboard after upgrading from 9900 to Z10 and also it took time to get used back to the hardware keyboard when I received the Q10 for testing, so I don't think it's such a big problem. The keyboard is really huge and comfortable, so it's only a question of how quick you develop a correct grip while typing on Passport
    dehrlich01 likes this.
    08-25-14 05:14 PM
    Looks like a sealed battery in the Passport. That's exactly why I hate iPhones.

Spare battery gives the freedom to carry on while iPhone users pull out their charging cables and look for a mains power point.

A bug down point in my view.
    The difference is that the passport's battery is about twice the iPhone battery

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:14 PM
    2nd page, the screenshot bottom right corner

Posted via CB10
    There's only a tiny bit of the PIN visible as I wanted to keep the UI visible as much as I could. Most of the pin is blurred though
    08-25-14 05:17 PM
    There's only a tiny bit of the PIN visible as I wanted to keep the UI visible as much as I could. Most of the pin is blurred though
    I know I was just trying to find what picture the member was talking about when he said cover up the pin. Just trying to help

Posted via CB10
    edh2860 likes this.
    08-25-14 05:18 PM
    Does it feel like it weighs heavier than a Z30?
    It's been a long time since I tested the Z30, and I didn't have one by me, but as far as I recall it didn't feel noticeably heavier, check the weight in full specs that were published a few days ago
    08-25-14 05:18 PM
    What about the features of the camera app... does it have panorama, slow motion?? thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:29 PM
    Again thank you for doing this!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:31 PM
    What about the features of the camera app... does it have panorama, slow motion?? thanks

Posted via CB10
    Panorama - yes
    Slow motion, you have to first record and then edit
    08-25-14 05:32 PM
198 12345 ...