How about weight distribution, does it feel as balanced as other BlackBerry devices that you have handled?
    BaffTech and app_Developer like this.
    08-25-14 04:12 PM
    Thanks for sharing
    Your prototype got 10mp right ?

Posted via CB10
    Not 100% sure, cause the photo somehow got scaled down when I sent it to my Z10 via NFC
    08-25-14 04:14 PM
    It's pleasant. Thanks for sharing with us.

Posted via CB10.
    08-25-14 04:15 PM
    PassPort design finalized in early July. You say that the carriers just got them , so this is the final revision . But i wonder why it doesn't the silver details in the back cover . Got my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-140720-blackberry-passport-hands-05.jpg
    08-25-14 04:17 PM
    The active frames have different sizes.. that's interesting.

pin:2B7CAF06
    Yeah, there are 2 sizes of Active Frames now. At first the apps open in the regular size, but after you open the 7th app and minimize, it gets scaled down.
    Got my paws on the BlackBerry Passport (HQ photos, Q&A)-img_20140824_210245.jpg
    08-25-14 04:20 PM
    very nice pictures! thank you for sharing. can't wait for the Passport to hit the market.
    08-25-14 04:20 PM
    Not 100% sure, cause the photo somehow got scaled down when I sent it to my Z10 via NFC
    can you upload this picture in a cloud account or share it via eamil ? i will be very grateful :[email protected]
    08-25-14 04:22 PM
    The green LED flashes as the BBOS when one picks up the network?

Posted via CB10
    No, but after a Foursquare notification appeared in the Hub, the LED started flashing wildly in all the colours, not just red. I didn't find the option to set a notification colour as it was an older OS version, but I hope this means that we'll get that BBOS feture back.
    08-25-14 04:22 PM
    thank you for sharing!

i was wondering if you could describe the typing experience. the keyboard looks good, but it seems very low on the device. does it balance well as you type on it? does it feel top heavy? is hitting the bottom row of keys (notably the space key) feel awkward?

thanks again!
    08-25-14 04:23 PM
    Thanks, the photos are quite worth being seen
    Was wondering one, maybe trivial, thing. How do you make upper letters with that keyboard? By holding a key?
    Yep, exactly I was wondering the same thing, but my BB intuition didn't fail and I got it right at the first try I was slightly annoyed that coma and a dot wasn't at the bottom of the hardware keyboard, but I guess I'd get used to it too.
    BaffTech likes this.
    08-25-14 04:24 PM
    Thanks for all your reply , 8 active frame is the maximum ? Run 10.3.0.686 right ?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:27 PM
    How about weight distribution, does it feel as balanced as other BlackBerry devices that you have handled?
    It does actually, it also feels nice and solid in the hands. I only struggled for a moment when I tried typing for the first time. It takes some time till you get a grip of it, but after supporting the back with both of my index fingers it didn't wiggle at all.
    oddboy, BaffTech and dbiv5445 like this.
    08-25-14 04:27 PM
    Yep, exactly I was wondering the same thing, but my BB intuition didn't fail and I got it right at the first try I was slightly annoyed that coma and a dot wasn't at the bottom of the hardware keyboard, but I guess I'd get used to it too.
    Thanks for this confirmation
    And for the coma or dot then, you swipe down from the space bar or something?
    Thanks again for sharing all of this
    steve stein1 likes this.
    08-25-14 04:29 PM
    can you upload this picture in a cloud account or share it via eamil ? i will be very grateful :[email protected]
    Here ya go: via Droplr
    08-25-14 04:36 PM
    thank you for sharing!

i was wondering if you could describe the typing experience. the keyboard looks good, but it seems very low on the device. does it balance well as you type on it? does it feel top heavy? is hitting the bottom row of keys (notably the space key) feel awkward?

thanks again!
    It definitely felt awkward and I still think a tiny bit of empty space under the keyboard would have made a difference, but it wasn't impossible, I think I could get uset to it with a special handgrip, as I said I instinctively straightened my index finders to support the top, so it didn't really feel top heavy.
    dehrlich01 likes this.
    08-25-14 04:40 PM
    Quick question. I'm wondering if you were able to type on the device and how were the virtual keys displayed? I'm wondering if I were to type into an email would it be constantly changing shape and so forth with special characters. I do not know how to explain it any other way except did the virtual characters have a fluid motion to them when they changed or were they very abrupt and jarring?
    08-25-14 04:41 PM
    Thanks for this confirmation
    And for the coma or dot then, you swipe down from the space bar or something?
    Thanks again for sharing all of this
    The coma, dot and a few of the other most used symbols showed up automatically at the bottom of the display as soon as I clicked a text-field. Btw the keyboard scrolling wasn't working anywhere else than in browser on this OS version. Hope they make it work anywhere, cause man that feature is addicting Also I realized why BB added the screen rotation to the system - it is by far more comfortable to scroll a long list when you're holding the device in “lanscape mode”.
    08-25-14 04:44 PM
    I'm assuming that the one you got came with 10.3.0.1052 right?
    Also I saw in DHabkirk's channel that they might implement pinch the active frame to minimize? Is that a feature? Do you know if the smaller sized active frames will come to full touchscreen devices?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:45 PM
    Thanks for all your reply , 8 active frame is the maximum ? Run 10.3.0.686 right ?

Posted via CB10
    There weren't many apps in the menu, plus the person testing it already added their accounts to the settings, so I didn't want to open contacts or calendar for privacy reasons. Therefore I couldn't really test how many active frames it can manage, but I believe I've read earlier that it should be more than 8, maybe 12, not 100% sure.
    James Toler1 likes this.
    08-25-14 04:47 PM
    Quick question. I'm wondering if you were able to type on the device and how were the virtual keys displayed? I'm wondering if I were to type into an email would it be constantly changing shape and so forth with special characters. I do not know how to explain it any other way except did the virtual characters have a fluid motion to them when they changed or were they very abrupt and jarring?
    Sorry mate, I know what you mean, but I didn't notice such a detail
    steve stein1 likes this.
    08-25-14 04:48 PM
    Would you be able to take more low light pictures if you still have the phone?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    styleskey likes this.
    08-25-14 04:49 PM
    Impressive that you're taking the time to reply to the questions.

My hat is off to you!

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-25-14 04:51 PM
    Please take down those photos and upload them with the serial number blocked on the bottom of the device. That can get your friend into trouble.

A word of advice.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 04:51 PM
    Can you ask someone to take a pic of you with the Passport in your hand, next to your ear as you are making a call?
    08-25-14 04:52 PM
    Can you ask someone to take a pic of you with the Passport in your hand, next to your ear as you were making a call?
    Thrac Dark likes this.
    08-25-14 04:52 PM
198 1234 ...