So finally got it from Low Yat, KL. After all the hubbub about various issues I checked mine at purchase but couldn't find any screen, keyboard or other faults. It is a beautiful device! Nice heft, and premium feel. Tried wriggling it but that beast is rock solid.
    They didn't have the all black version even they said so, but never mind, the satin brushed steel rim looks gorgeous I honestly don't think you can get the all black here.
    Since it's sold out here, I did pay premium price for it, but I've been waiting too long. 50$ US extra was the cost.
    I'm not attaching any images - you all know what it looks like.
    I have yet to experience any issues with the OS (908), no rebooting, no sudden shutdown and my Gmail syncs calendar and contacts without problems. Just went through the settings and added the account.
    My browser has no blurry images and performs swiftly and loads extremely fast.
    I have twitter, calendar and contacts on dark theme and I only had to set it once.
    First day I got around 24 hrs of battery with the OS update, mind you, and the usual first day over-use. It seems to give me more and more battery as the days go by.
    I do have the faint image of a finger-oil spot at the back but it's barely noticeable and I'm not bothered by it.
    It has gotten the appropriate attention in the office, especially the keyboard. Brought out many 'ooh's and 'ahh's. my diehard iPhone friend keeps coming over to my desk and ask about it and he can't keep his hands off it. Funny, coz he just lifts it and holds it.
    Getting used to the keyboard and it's getting more and more clear to me how I'm supposed to use it, and I'm just getting faster and faster at typing.
    Call quality is as expected outstanding! You really have to try it to understand what we BlackBerry people are talking about!

So, there. Christmas came early
    Written entirely on the mighty Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:48 AM
    Glad to hear this man. I'll be receiving mine tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:57 AM
    ok cool.. but why don't you just buy a diary if you want too write things?
    dejanh and ammarozman like this.
    10-30-14 07:58 AM
    I completely agree !
    Got mine when it first came out, and no issue with it.
    (I just don't understand all these other posts saying otherwise....)

Excellent functionality and good looking device. Looking forward to 10.3.1
    10-30-14 08:49 AM
    Hope passport do well in Malaysia.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    ammarozman likes this.
    10-30-14 09:32 AM
    just sharing my experience about my blackberry in a blackberry forum, you don't have to read it.
    10-30-14 08:02 PM
    the award for ****** bag comment of the night goes to this guy...

Congrats on your new Passport. I'm rocking a new Z30 myself, and will no doubt one day have a Passport of my own

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    10-30-14 09:09 PM
    the award for ****** bag comment of the night goes to this guy...

Congrats on your new Passport. I'm rocking a new Z30 myself, and will no doubt one day have a Passport of my own

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, the PP is definitely worth the wait!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:18 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Congrats and enjoy OP!!

From my World Class Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:18 PM
    Best device! Congrats! I too have had none of the issues that some have reported. It's a rock - all around. Amazing device.

Enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:11 PM
    Congrats....it's a great device. I haven't had any of the issues mentioned on here either. Had some problems with the camera but that seems to have been corrected by the software updates.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:59 PM
    Congrats!

I have found a shop selling the Passport in Singapore at an exorbitant price, close to USD1,000 (USD960 to be exact), I am still thinking about it because unlike in other countries, telcos here do not refund the difference in monthly subscription if you decided not to get a phone from them. They prefer to tie you down with a 2 year contract, that is to say, I will pay the same monthly subscription regardless whether I get a phone from them or not.

I might finally give up the wait, get an iPhone 6 on my contract, and sell it off to buy the Passport.
    10-31-14 01:33 AM
    So finally got it from Low Yat, KL. After all the hubbub about various issues I checked mine at purchase but couldn't find any screen, keyboard or other faults. It is a beautiful device! Nice heft, and premium feel. Tried wriggling it but that beast is rock solid.
    They didn't have the all black version even they said so, but never mind, the satin brushed steel rim looks gorgeous I honestly don't think you can get the all black here.
    Since it's sold out here, I did pay premium price for it, but I've been waiting too long. 50$ US extra was the cost.
    I'm not attaching any images - you all know what it looks like.
    I have yet to experience any issues with the OS (908), no rebooting, no sudden shutdown and my Gmail syncs calendar and contacts without problems. Just went through the settings and added the account.
    My browser has no blurry images and performs swiftly and loads extremely fast.
    I have twitter, calendar and contacts on dark theme and I only had to set it once.
    First day I got around 24 hrs of battery with the OS update, mind you, and the usual first day over-use. It seems to give me more and more battery as the days go by.
    I do have the faint image of a finger-oil spot at the back but it's barely noticeable and I'm not bothered by it.
    It has gotten the appropriate attention in the office, especially the keyboard. Brought out many 'ooh's and 'ahh's. my diehard iPhone friend keeps coming over to my desk and ask about it and he can't keep his hands off it. Funny, coz he just lifts it and holds it.
    Getting used to the keyboard and it's getting more and more clear to me how I'm supposed to use it, and I'm just getting faster and faster at typing.
    Call quality is as expected outstanding! You really have to try it to understand what we BlackBerry people are talking about!

So, there. Christmas came early
    Written entirely on the mighty Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for sharing!!! Can you share more on your passport experience, especially in battery life, os stability, usual apps working (whatsapp, bbm, wechat, Skype) .

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:13 PM
    Thanks for sharing!!! Can you share more on your passport experience, especially in battery life, os stability, usual apps working (whatsapp, bbm, wechat, Skype) .

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is very good even I use almost every living minute of the day. But as mentioned in another thread I had issues with Skype sucking battery. Some say u need to log out and turn of notifications, but that defeats my purpose of use of that app. Deleted. Did share my device monitor screen shot then.
    I don't use many apps outside the stock. Not whatsapp and wechat.
    Got some from BlackBerry world, all work flawlessly except photo tagger, but dev promised to fix.
    My PP is working without hiccups. No random reboots, I'm on version 908. Most stuff works nicely, no annoying issues spring to mind.
    I just love it

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    11-02-14 07:06 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to lay my hands on one!

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    11-02-14 07:25 PM
    Mine is exactly that...flawless. More I use it the more I realize how awesome it is. This has become my favorite cell phone ever. Lets hope BlackBerry keep making fantastic devices such as this.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-03-14 10:23 PM
    How many hours does it take you to charge from like 10% to 100%? 3 hours?
    11-04-14 12:28 AM
    Something like that. I usually put mine on bedside mode overnight, so I am not sure. Haven't had the need to charge during the day.
    It's usually around 35-45% at that time.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:29 AM
    ~2 hours (original charger)
    11-04-14 02:37 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Mine has been flawless since launch day.....

I would like to see improvements in the focusing of the camera...hopefully future software releases can address this issue. Too slow to focus.

Otherwise, passport is quite awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:19 AM
    Pre ordered it on Amazon.in

Flawless...in fact it has already taken dive twice on hard flooring and table top of work desk - Rock Solid it is still.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-04-14 08:32 AM
    Totally agree got mine when it first came out and I have no issues as some have described. The best BlackBerry yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:29 AM
    Toc610, just wondering, did you get any screen protector /case to go with the phone? Or rather,is it available in malaysia yet?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:48 AM
    Agreed. Can not wait til I get one.

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    11-16-14 06:35 PM
    Toc610, just wondering, did you get any screen protector /case to go with the phone? Or rather,is it available in malaysia yet?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, keeping, didn't see your question. No, I usually don't have screen protector. But I did order a leather back from HK a while ago, should arrive soon (?) will let you know how that turns out.
    Low Yat has very few accessories at this point in time. Hopefully they'll get some stuff soon.

From my mighty PassPort
    11-16-14 06:42 PM
29 12