So my red pp that I love dearly is staying but I always wanted the att one. Since I now have a real reason to switch providers (bad svc tmobile at work) I bought the att one.

Once I pay it off I may unlock and use on tmo again well see.

Anyway first question...
    Got att pp... question on OS AND very interesting finding (sad)-img_20150511_230033.jpg

Why is that??? I can check unlocked pp as many times as I want...

Second, which os should I have?
    Here is what's on it now...

Got att pp... question on OS AND very interesting finding (sad)-img_20150511_230147.jpg

What are others on att running?

Onto the sad part. A big att corporate store nearby Chicago here had the pp on display for 2-3 weeks after release same with classic. When I asked why? They said money talks and samsung offered att stores big dough to take down blackberries and replace with samsung products. Sure enough, where the pp and classic sat, now two tablets sit.
    BlackBerry was resting in the back room with no display models.

Red BlackBerry Passport
    uverz911 likes this.
    05-11-15 11:04 PM
    That is the correct OS for the AT&T Passport.

Edit: was going to comment on Samsung and what was said not to mention their BlackBerry "partnership", but not sure how true it is... don't get me wrong, I believe it. I'm not big on conspiracies, but when my sister dropped her iPhone for a Z10 she was told to pay $99 to Apple to talk to them to see if it was "possible" for them to remove her from their imessage nonsense. In my head I'm thinking why is a company worth billions and billions more than BlackBerry so concerned about the Z10 switch. Seems like the big players are more threatened by BlackBerry than any would admit. Sad truth is money does talk and BlackBerry doesn't have billions to throw around at carriers and ad campaigns.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    05-11-15 11:15 PM
    Not sure, but I did ask why they would take it down, and they basically told me what I said, they got paid more to replace with samsung and were told to push their product.
    05-11-15 11:32 PM
    Keyboard is a lot nicer huh? I really love the OG's look but I keep staying with the AT&T. Just handles so much better. Wish the back was as grippy as the OG Black.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-12-15 01:07 AM
    When I asked why? They said money talks and samsung offered att stores big dough to take down blackberries and replace with samsung products. Sure enough, where the pp and classic sat, now two tablets sit.
    BlackBerry was resting in the back room with no display models. Red BlackBerry Passport
    Maybe this means the AT&T exclusive on the Passport is coming to an end!
    \0/

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:06 AM
    Is it legal to accept money to not offer/hide a competitors products from potential buyers?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:10 AM
    Is it legal to accept money to not offer/hide a competitors products from potential buyers?

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 03:15 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    Nice little lawsuit coming to that retailer...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:16 AM
    But it's not illegal to pay someone more than the competition when the time comes up to take over that retail space.

The store employee may have said Samsung paid to hide BlackBerry, the lawyers will say Samsung offered more for that space on the retail floor than BlackBerry. AT&T will say they had no more space on the floor/sales of the devices don't justify floor space over other models, etc.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-12-15 05:54 AM
    That is the correct OS for the AT&T Passport.

Edit: was going to comment on Samsung and what was said not to mention their BlackBerry "partnership", but not sure how true it is... don't get me wrong, I believe it. I'm not big on conspiracies, but when my sister dropped her iPhone for a Z10 she was told to pay $99 to Apple to talk to them to see if it was "possible" for them to remove her from their imessage nonsense. In my head I'm thinking why is a company worth billions and billions more than BlackBerry so concerned about the Z10 switch. Seems like the big players are more threatened by BlackBerry than any would admit. Sad truth is money does talk and BlackBerry doesn't have billions to throw around at carriers and ad campaigns.

Posted via CB10
    Apple has a link you can follow that will remove your number from their database and it does not cost anything.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:18 AM
    But it's not illegal to pay someone more than the competition when the time comes up to take over that retail space.

The store employee may have said Samsung paid to hide BlackBerry, the lawyers will say Samsung offered more for that space on the retail floor than BlackBerry. AT&T will say they had no more space on the floor/sales of the devices don't justify floor space over other models, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, exactly.

This would be the easiest day on the job for Samsung and AT&T's lawyers... they might even let an intern 'talk' to BlackBerry about this.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    ^^^ THIS

Carpe Noctem
    05-12-15 08:54 AM
    Keyboard is a lot nicer huh? I really love the OG's look but I keep staying with the AT&T. Just handles so much better. Wish the back was as grippy as the OG Black.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Yes the att version feels better in hand. I really don't want to put a case on it. I don't know of any great cases for it anyway.

Carpe Noctem
    05-12-15 08:56 AM
    Understand this, everything in a store is for sale.

Obviously all of the product is for sale. But also all of the space in which to sell a product is for sale. Companies often restrict displays to make that display space more valuable. Then whoever is willing to anti up the funds can use it. And once one decides to pay, others soon follow. Often the company makes more money from selling the space than they do from the sale of the product itself.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 09:06 AM
    Apple has a link you can follow that will remove your number from their database and it does not cost anything.

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of that, but this was before Apple had this. It was a complete nightmare. Told Apple to F off on the phone. They said, "Since you chose to upgrade to a BlackBerry it will cost you to continue talking to us" after questioning them they said, "We may not be able to fix the issue anyway since you are now using BlackBerry". I found it rather funny they wanted almost $100 and stated they weren't sure if they could even fix the imessage debacle.

Ended up with AT&T calling them on 3way (might have been Verizon, a while ago) and opening multiple cases with them with resolution dates of 72 hours that continued to go for another 72 hours, etc.

Anyway, while your post is irrelevant to the situation I was in at the time hopefully it'll help for those reading that Apple does have a website now to deactivate imessage. I believe you enter your number and they send a text; not really sure as I've never used it, but there is usually a thread that pops up about issues with imessage so it is nice to know Apple made it easier than the mess it was before!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's like that in grocery stores. The products placed at eye level are there because the companies paid for that space. Other products go high up or near the floor.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    05-12-15 05:03 PM
    It's like that in grocery stores. The products placed at eye level are there because the companies paid for that space. Other products go high up or near the floor.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Which is why John Chen is the CEO. He knew he needed to get the company financially stable focusing on enterprise while doing it.

At the same time he has stated his goals for consumers which have remained the same. Financial stability, carrier relationship fixing, BlackBerry branding fixing, then comes the cool consumer device to follow. I'm hoping it'll be the slider.

Potential there to get both the loyalists and others on board as well as PKB fans and all touch fans at the same time. Just wondering if he'll be able to work something out with the Google partnership for Services. Should be interesting.

We are still at the fixing carrier relationships and starting to increase awareness for the BlackBerry brand. Chen recently said in an interview that he could throw a 300 million or so campaign to help fix misconceptions about the BlackBerry brand, but that it would be or seem desperate and he will continue building the brand day by day.

Whether you agree with the man or not, he has worked wonders getting the financials in order, acquisitions, partnerships, all while focusing on the strengths of BlackBerry. Not far fetched to think BlackBerry would be bankrupt now without him and his team coming in.

Also worth mentioning BlackBerry doesn't have the cash hoards that Samsung and Apple have to throw at carriers for prime retail space.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-15 06:29 PM