Just a quick one... turns out pretty much the only google apps I use all need the google play services...

Is there any way to get this working? Or if I used a different store (like snap) might those apps work?

Looking at mainly google music and the movies and tv...

Also... any ideas about using a chromecast?

Thanks peeps!
    04-12-15 03:40 AM
    There is a way to get apps that require Google play services to work. There is a thread on CrackBerry about it. It involves downloading a specific version of Lucky Patcher app. Very easy to use and to do. I got android MLBAtBat to work on my passport.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=947141
    04-12-15 08:45 AM
    You need to search. There's a big thread by Cobalt regarding patched store, gplay services, and framework. Fairly recently in that thread I posted a link for the latest Google Play Services that I patched.
    04-12-15 09:47 AM
    Just a quick one... turns out pretty much the only google apps I use all need the google play services...

Is there any way to get this working? Or if I used a different store (like snap) might those apps work?

Looking at mainly google music and the movies and tv...

Also... any ideas about using a chromecast?

Thanks peeps!
    For many apps that present that message, you can just tap a blank spot and proceed as normal. For other more persistent apps, as mentioned above, you can try Lucky Patcher to modify those. Not every app will work, but a lot do work.
    04-12-15 10:05 AM
    Go here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10933307
    Read first post. It is all there.
    As for Chromecast you are out of luck on that (as far as I know), which is why I keep my retired Note2, and for Google+.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-12-15 10:13 AM
    Sounds like OP should have bought an nice shiny new Android device... This way everything works... One reason Apple is so successful is ease of use and continuity. It is in essence simple and gets the job done easily. ( not an Apple fan by the way... just a realist ).... Blackberry is basically " it sorta works device depending on your needs"... if you want to put the effort in. Most do not...If you take BB as business phone... it shines... try to buy it for consumer uses... that is where the trouble begins.
    04-12-15 10:30 AM
    Thanks for the replies peeps! Wasn't sure if there was any threads with answers cause the couple I saw either weren't answered or links didn't work... I'll check them out and search a bit more... db... thanks for being a db... I understand that this phone isn't an android phone... that's why I bought it... most of the apps I use have versions on bbworld and I was only posting a question... I understand you probably get peeps saying why isn't BlackBerry like an iphone... but I didn't think I had posted my question like that... I was wondering if a newer solution had been found and I hadn't seen anything about app patching either... from my experience of android phones they are the same as windows pcs... software has everything in it but after a while it clogs up and runs like crap cause it's not specific enough... apple tailor the software to the specific hardware which is why they work but are very expensive... blackberry are a close second but not anywhere near as locked down and it's people's attitude that "blackberry's are only good for business" that pushes them closer to failure... having them being used by "normal" people is what they need and advertising the android app usage would probably make them start to become a viable option again...

Dammit... 2nd post and I'm ranting.. sorry peeps but I hate people with stinking attitudes... in future please don't respond to my posts db... thanks...
    anon(4297019) and Smokeaire like this.
    04-12-15 03:53 PM