Has anyone figured out a way to install google plus? I tried several versions with no luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:45 AM
    Can't be done.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500
    04-23-15 09:57 AM
    So this is impossible? Even with Google Play Services installed?
    (or with Cobalt's method?)

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:16 PM
    It didn't work for me. I've been messing with Cobalts apk's all night and I had to reset my phone three times. Finally I gave up and erased everything. I'm sure his stuff is good, this isn't meant to direct him. This stuff is just too advanced for me. I'm used to android. I'm getting a little discouraged with this BlackBerry stuff.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 10:27 PM
    Not for anything guys, but if you want to eat chicken why trying beef to taste like chicken. Just order chicken.

A lot of my friend are asking about the capability of BlackBerry OS10 to run Android apps and games. And I always end up of telling them that if they are heavily dependent on Android apps, games and services, BlackBerry is not for them. They will only be disappointed.

We can probably teach our dog some tricks to act like cat... but they will never become a cat...

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz and lpthomasson like this.
    05-01-15 10:42 PM
    Has anyone figured out a way to install google plus? I tried several versions with no luck.

Posted via CB10
    I want to strangle you.
    NtotheK likes this.
    05-01-15 11:17 PM
    If your reply doesn't add value then I suggest don't waste your time and ours to read non sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:05 AM
    If your reply doesn't add value then I suggest don't waste your time and ours to read non sense.

Posted via CB10
    And your post added value?
    It didn't work for me. I've been messing with Cobalts apk's all night and I had to reset my phone three times. Finally I gave up and erased everything. I'm sure his stuff is good, this isn't meant to direct him. This stuff is just too advanced for me. I'm used to android. I'm getting a little discouraged with this BlackBerry stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Google+ app doesn't work on Blackberry. Period. However you can always access it through BlackBerry native browser, install Chrome or any BB browser app and access through that browser.
    If you want a native Android experience then just stick with a Android phone and be happy.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-02-15 06:48 AM
    And your post added value?

Google+ app doesn't work on Blackberry. Period. However you can always access it through BlackBerry native browser, install Chrome or any BB browser app and access through that browser.
    If you want a native Android experience then just stick with a Android phone and be happy.

Yes that's what I am currently doing. I prefer to stick with BlackBerry. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:03 AM
    Yes that's what I am currently doing. I prefer to stick with BlackBerry. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Then you're doing the best that can be done at this time. I'm glad you are sticking with BlackBerry. There are a few Android/Google apps I wish worked on BB devices, G+, Chromecast for two, that's why I keep my Note2, other than that I prefer my Passport.

Last edited by Smokeaire; 05-02-15 at 07:31 AM.
    gilbert khayat likes this.
    05-02-15 07:14 AM
    Then you're doing the best that can be done at this time. I'm gals you are sticking with BlackBerry. There are a few Android/Google apps I wish worked on BB devices, G+, Chromecast for two, that's why I keep my Note2, other than that I prefer my Passport.

I switched from note 4 to passport due to company policy and I am glad that I switched.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:21 AM
    To those saying "if you want that go to Android" etc...:
    Chillax. I was simply asking because my company is enacting the use of Google Plus for inter-company communication. I do not want to go to iOs or Android like most people at work. I've stuck with BlackBerry for years despite pressure to switch at work.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 08:34 AM
    Gilbert Khayat and zyad, despite all the naysayers, there's hope. I happen to be a moderator and community owner on G+. So, that was something I looked for, too. There's an app called Google Plus Express in the Amazon Appstore. It's not quite as full featured as the Google version. And I'm still trying to get used to only one post on screen at a time, but it works.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-02-15 09:21 AM
    Thanks Kraski.
    I just tried searching but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not available in Canada?!??

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:27 AM
    Thanks Kraski.
    I just tried searching but couldn't find it. Maybe it's not available in Canada?!??

Posted via CB10
    The icon shows it as Google Plus Express. But, when I go to the list of apps in the Appstore, it's listed as Google Plus for Kindle.
    05-02-15 10:01 AM
    The icon shows it as Google Plus Express. But, when I go to the list of apps in the Appstore, it's listed as Google Plus for Kindle.
    One note. It worked perfectly when I installed it under 1.3.0. But it can get a little feisty. I just rebooted and it's back working.

Alternative: A good browser, like Dolphin or Browsie will give you browser access very nicely. No Hangouts stuff. That still requires Google Services. I'm actually finding I like how Browsie handles G+ better than Dolphin and better than the app.
    05-02-15 10:45 AM
    Thanks, but I still can't find it

Google Plus apk-img_20150502_145616.png

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    And I suggest spending a whopping 5 min searching before posting, because surely ANOTHER thread about this adds a whole lot of value? There's literally hundreds of posts in Cobalt's thread and separate threads altogether with people asking about Snapchat, Google+, Hangouts, YouTube, Gmail, etc, etc, etc. And the same answer every time: if it directly involves Google+ login services, it's not going to work. Period.

You can patch it all you want, it's not going to help.

Use the Web app if Google+ is that necessary for you. If that doesn't suffice, go back to android.
    05-02-15 02:28 PM
    And I suggest spending a whopping 5 min searching before posting, because surely ANOTHER thread about this adds a whole lot of value? There's literally hundreds of posts in Cobalt's thread and separate threads altogether with people asking about Snapchat, Google+, Hangouts, YouTube, Gmail, etc, etc, etc. And the same answer every time: if it directly involves Google+ login services, it's not going to work. Period.

You can patch it all you want, it's not going to help.

Use the Web app if Google+ is that necessary for you. If that doesn't suffice, go back to android.
    I do both. And Windows Phone, now, to test an app. And I don't get upset if there are repeat threads. If there are that many of the same questions, then it's obvious those are of interest to a lot of members. Sorry if that offends you. But I'll suggest your point would be taken better if you actually posted useful information. Such as links to the threads where these are discussed in detail. Just saying.
    lpthomasson and homer1475 like this.
    05-04-15 12:33 AM
    Thanks, but I still can't find it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150502_145616.png 
Views:	451 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	350683

Posted via CB10
    I just did a search, both on my PC and on my Z Ultra, with the same results as yours. Both by app name and for jeleyinte, the author. No luck. But it shows up in my apps. When I go from the listing in my apps to the app's page, it can't be found. So, I'm suspecting it's been pulled.

So far, after a little experimentation, I like G+ access using Browsie. Dolphin is decent, too. And someone in the Blackberry community on G+ says he gets the best results with the native BB browser. Unlike browser access on the computer, there's no Hangouts access via browser. That's true even on Android.
    05-04-15 12:52 AM
    I just did a search, both on my PC and on my Z Ultra, with the same results as yours. Both by app name and for jeleyinte, the author. No luck. But it shows up in my apps. When I go from the listing in my apps to the app's page, it can't be found. So, I'm suspecting it's been pulled.

So far, after a little experimentation, I like G+ access using Browsie. Dolphin is decent, too. And someone in the Blackberry community on G+ says he gets the best results with the native BB browser. Unlike browser access on the computer, there's no Hangouts access via browser. That's true even on Android.
    Thanks.
    I tried searching for the apk online and it's difficult to find.
    Any chance you have the apk saved somewhere still? Maybe you can email it to me if you have it?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:20 PM
    Sorry, Zyad. I cleared my download folder before I knew the app was no longer available.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:31 PM
    Ok. Thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 12:01 PM
33 12