Should I let it? Are they the same apps? Will it screw up my banking app which is also a security method of accessing my bank?
    04-15-15 01:41 PM
    Google Play Store will only update either itself, or the Android apps you loaded from the playstore.
    Will not "update "native BB apps......
    IF the specific app your concerned about is not a native BB app, but an android "ported" app, then I would be careful....
    04-15-15 01:46 PM
    Google Play Store will only update either itself, or the Android apps you loaded from the playstore.
    IF the specific app your concerned about is not a native BB app, but an android "ported" app, then I would be careful....
    This is not entirely correct. Play Store will update any Android app, regardless of where it was downloaded, if the package name and the developer signature is the same as the one on Google Play.

Beside of that, Play Store doesn't update itself since version 5.3.6. I deactivated selfupdates in the software because unpatched updates of the store don't work on BlackBerry devices.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-15-15 04:00 PM
    Don't do it

That happened to me with endomondo, I did it and couldn't open the app again, so I deleted it and download again from bbworld

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:04 PM
    Makes sense,
    and I also got the Google play store confused with the Amazon App Store....but the effect is the same...
    04-15-15 04:05 PM
    Actually it is trying to. I got notifications for Skype, Flipp and Maps (installed via Snap).

But the the Play Store version of Maps kept prompting me to install Google Play Services, so I reverted back to the Snap version. Flipp worked fine after the update so I let it be, and I dare not update Skype.
    04-15-15 04:20 PM
    Actually it is trying to. I got notifications for Skype, Flipp and Maps (installed via Snap).

But the the Play Store version of Maps kept prompting me to install Google Play Services, so I reverted back to the Snap version. Flipp worked fine after the update so I let it be, and I dare not update Skype.
    Apps that you download from Snap are exactly the same as the ones from Play store. They both download from Google Play. The only difference is the version you use, not if you got it from Snap or Play Store.
    04-15-15 04:23 PM
    After installation of Google Play all my Android app get updated to the current version including those from BBW as Skype and Viber10 which work so much better now.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:32 PM
    It is suggested to try the updated versions since they are obviously better, but if the new version doesn't work you just need to reinstall the old version
    04-15-15 04:36 PM
    I always allow it to update... not a big deal though.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-15-15 05:03 PM
    Was more worried about the banking app which is tied to the phone... the other one was Skype but apparently that's ok.. I'll just leave the banking app alone
    04-15-15 06:02 PM
    Apps that you download from Snap are exactly the same as the ones from Play store. They both download from Google Play. The only difference is the version you use, not if you got it from Snap or Play Store.
    Well then it seems like there would be a version different at least. After reinstalling the Snap version, Play Store prompts me to update again.
    04-15-15 06:13 PM
    Well then it seems like there would be a version different at least. After reinstalling the Snap version, Play Store prompts me to update again.
    That is because Snap has a faulty version checking. It only looks at the version name (i.e version 4.1) while Play Store checks the complete build number. As a result, Snap doesn't find minor updates, while Play Store finds them and proposes to download.
    04-15-15 06:22 PM
    Should I let it? Are they the same apps? Will it screw up my banking app which is also a security method of accessing my bank?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:23 PM