I need some serious help for my blackberry 10.
    i am using BB passport with software version
    I also have installed google play store on my BB and have dowloaded few apps. Some of the apps are working fine, but there are many apps which is showing the error which says that the app needs google play services, and i am not able to understand how to install google play services now and use all my apps. Please help me with this as how to go about it. also to mention that i am a Mac user, so if you could tell me how to do it in Mac or else you can let me know on windows.
    Also i am not able to uninstall the apps that i don't need, will also need your help regarding this as well.

i ma really facing issues and will appreciate if you could guide me and help me resolve this problem.

Best regards
    01-28-17 04:01 AM
    first you need to install the following...

reboot phone after install do not try to open the patch. you can then delete the android apps

If you havent used Cobalts files you need to remove your installed Google Play store and associated applications and READ the following thread carefully especially the first page. You will need to install Cobalts files....required files are described and a "fileshare" link is provided.

if you have properly installed Cobalts stack then you will need to patch the android apps to resolve the Play services dependency...

01-28-17 05:19 AM
    You can ignore the warning. Some apps will work properly or partially. Others won't and crash. If you need apps that must use Google Play Services, you need an Android phone.
    01-28-17 08:41 AM
    Ignoring a warning is the worst proposition you can give, not?

It's like "hey, my car shows a red lamp with an oil symbol" and you tell the guy "no problem, just ignore it and drive on".

FIX the problem and start reading this thread:
    01-28-17 10:38 AM
    I didn't suggest to ignore warning warning light from your car engine. Like I said, the worst that could happen to you is by ignoring the play service warning is the app crash and in the extreme you may need to reboot the phone. Even Google Maps works partially without play services.

There are many apps that don't work even with your patches. The only real solution is to get an Android phone.
    01-28-17 10:31 PM
    Pls help and guide me to properly install google play services....I am facing lot of problem....thanks
    01-30-17 09:54 AM
    See the response in post #2 above.. All necessary links are provided.
    02-06-17 02:22 AM
    See the response in post #2 above.. All necessary links are provided.
    I found the answers/info above highly confusing. The easy to understand and follow instructions, with APKs, are available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zYSy8PLgbMo
    First step is to open Settings/App Manager/Installing Apps then turn on/enable 'Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed'.
    After exiting the Settings open the browser on the phone, go to sideloadbb10.com, and click the Google Play icon for tutorial. From the second page click the link 'tutorial here' to get to the step-by-step instructions outlined in the video. After completing the steps in the video go back to the sideloadbb10 page and find & install the APK for Google Play Services (it's the first one on the page but not addressed in the video). After living with the second rate version of Google Maps the past 3+ years you'll be amazed at how well it works with this new build!
    11-22-17 01:28 AM