I have seen a video on YouTube that showed a guy loading Google Play on his Passport SE.

I didn't know this was possible.

How do you do it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 02:50 AM
    I have seen a video on YouTube that showed a guy loading Google Play on his Passport SE.

I didn't know this was possible.

How do you do it?

I'm not sure how you missed this: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    Read the first post, follow the instructions and all the links in the post.
    04-22-16 02:55 AM
    I am not here everyday to keep up with threads and when I search, I don't always pull up what I am looking for.

Thanks for the link. I am dumping this Priv and going back to BB10.

I tried loading Google Play on my Z30 in the past, but it never would install correctly.

I wanted to take a crack at it again because I like the Prism app offered for paying bills.
    Amazon App Store doesn't offer it to my knowledge.

04-22-16 03:17 AM
    I am not here everyday to keep up with threads and when I search, I don't always pull up what I am looking for.

Thanks for the link. I am dumping this Priv and going back to BB10.

I tried loading Google Play on my Z30 in the past, but it never would install correctly.

I wanted to take a crack at it again because I like the Prism app offered for paying bills.
    Amazon App Store doesn't offer it to my knowledge.

Remember to checkout out Cobalt's Patching thread, a key to making many Android apps functional on BB10.
    04-22-16 06:19 AM
    If something about google play bothers you or the process use SNAP.
    04-22-16 07:57 AM
    If something about google play bothers you or the process use SNAP.
    You probably will not be able to install Snap. There are major problems with the app now.
    04-22-16 08:11 AM
    You probably will not be able to install Snap. There are major problems with the app now.
    Even on 2813 OS? Im on Sept 2514. From what I read about the runtime bug, 2813 is safe OS but I dont know the details about the SNAP app issue.
    04-22-16 08:27 AM
    Even on 2813 OS? Im on Sept 2514
    Yes, even on 2813. But it would be nice if you could confirm that for us. I know only one other person on 2813 that has been unable to get it to work.
    04-22-16 08:30 AM
    If I install cobalts Google play store, can I play games from play store in my passport? I mean will it compatible regarding the screen resolution?
    All this time I'm using snap, but some apps from snap can't run in passport or if it's running, its not running perfectly...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 09:47 AM
    If I install cobalts Google play store, can I play games from play store in my passport? I mean will it compatible regarding the screen resolution?
    All this time I'm using snap, but some apps from snap can't run in passport or if it's running, its not running perfectly...

Posted via CB10
    Both are portals to the actual Google Play Store. The BIG difference is that Cobalt has a Google Play Services patch that MAY or May NOT work better for you running apps. Cobalt also has other advantages that Snap does not offer. You can go to his page here on the CB forums and read all about it.
    04-22-16 09:53 AM
    You will need those 3 main apps that cobalt modified to get the play store up and running.

Most apps will work fine right off the shelf, a few will require a quick patch with the play patcher that Cobalt made (gmaps, play movies...). There are some that require a newer Android and won't work (Periscope, MS Office apps...)

04-22-16 09:58 AM
    Ah okay, thanks guys for ur explanation..

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt addresses that in one of his threads. It would really behoove you to spend time trading the first posts in all of his threads.
    Snap is no longer supported for BlackBerry. I read that the developer has moved on.
    04-22-16 11:19 AM
    I followed those instructions and then applied some patches, everything seems to work except Google Maps, which isn't a problem for me as the web version works fine; android apps installed and working either through the amazon or play stores:

Accuweather.
    Autodesk sketchbook
    Chrome
    Google Docs
    Google drive
    Soundcloud
    Barcode scanner
    ColorNote
    Opera
    EOS Remote
    Paper camera
    Firefox
    MS Office Mobile
    Quip
    Snapseed
    Google Sheets
    Google slides
    VLC
    Sony alpha clock

Please excuse that it's not in alphabetical order, apparently that's the one thing my passport cannot do for app icons, and I'm in the process of arranging it manually, one icon at a time; plus side scrolling of apps stops working for some reason. Everything else works really well and smoothly.
    04-22-16 12:37 PM
    Cobalt addresses that in one of his threads. It would really behoove you to spend time trading the first posts in all of his threads.
    Snap is no longer supported for BlackBerry. I read that the developer has moved on.
    Hmm what will happen with all apps that I installed from snap then? Will it start working or no more update?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 11:08 PM
    Hmm what will happen with all apps that I installed from snap then? Will it start working or no more update?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I mean *will it stop working or no more update?*

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 11:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't answer that question.
    I read that quite a few people are still using it. I haven't in a long while after I started using Cobalt's Play Store. That question might be better asked in a Snap thread.
    04-23-16 03:10 AM
    Here is a new thread on Snap not working: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12399847
    There are other Snap threads which indicate Snap just isn't the way to go anymore.
    04-23-16 06:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    No one can answer your question. I will continue to use it in my Passport and spare z10 until it does not work anymore.
    04-23-16 08:51 AM
    I followed those instructions and then applied some patches, everything seems to work except Google Maps, which isn't a problem for me as the web version works fine; android apps installed and working either through the amazon or play stores:

Accuweather.
    Autodesk sketchbook
    Chrome
    Google Docs
    Google drive
    Soundcloud
    Barcode scanner
    ColorNote
    Opera
    EOS Remote
    Paper camera
    Firefox
    MS Office Mobile
    Quip
    Snapseed
    Google Sheets
    Google slides
    VLC
    Sony alpha clock

Please excuse that it's not in alphabetical order, apparently that's the one thing my passport cannot do for app icons, and I'm in the process of arranging it manually, one icon at a time; plus side scrolling of apps stops working for some reason. Everything else works really well and smoothly.
    When you say Google Maps doesn't work, are you talking about being able to log in and save preferences, favorites, and such? Otherwise, I've been using Google Maps, the app, fine. It's great for transit and walking directions. For driving, I still use BlackBerry Maps, which seems to have improved greatly for searches. It used to offer poor suggestions as you type, but now, finds pretty much whatever I'm looking for. I don't have to look up the address and input that.
    04-23-16 03:40 PM
    I have both Snap and Google Play (installed via Cobalt's method). I stopped using Snap ever since getting Google Play. It works really well. Cobalt's thread is pretty straight-forward. Install three files and you're ready to go.
    Rallyfia likes this.
    04-23-16 03:43 PM
    Patched Google Maps works just fine. I use it all the time.
    Also add Cobalt's Whitelist app.
    04-23-16 03:54 PM

Accuweather.
    Autodesk sketchbook
    Chrome
    Google Docs
    Google drive
    Soundcloud
    Barcode scanner
    ColorNote
    Opera
    EOS Remote
    Paper camera
    Firefox
    MS Office Mobile
    Quip
    Snapseed
    Google Sheets
    Google slides
    VLC
    Sony alpha clock

Are you using a stylus with autodesk sketch book?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    04-23-16 03:56 PM
    To the OP: If you have the PRIV, you're already a step ahead with an OS that runs Google Play and all the Android apps natively. I don't think it makes sense to dump it and go back to an OS where you'll have to do a whole bunch of things to get it running.
    04-23-16 09:33 PM
    Hi. The link to download Google Play is not working even though the first two worked fine and let me register my device. Any help pls? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 03:28 AM
43 12