Does anyone know how to transfer my saved places from Google maps into the Passport native Maps app?
    07-18-16 10:48 AM
    you probably can't. you would have to re-create them in bb maps.
    07-18-16 01:30 PM
    You can't. Just use Cobalt's stack with a patched version of GMaps, and you have them all.

Start here:
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/cobalts-official-google-apps-landing-page-965257/
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-18-16 01:43 PM
    I will try that. However, some people say that BB maps is superior to Google Maps. I'm not sure how they differ. Any thoughts about that?
    07-18-16 03:41 PM
    I will try that. However, some people say that BB maps is superior to Google Maps. I'm not sure how they differ. Any thoughts about that?
    BlackBerry maps is based on Tom Tom data. Honestly I believe Google data has left Tom Tom in the dust.
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-18-16 04:04 PM
    BlackBerry maps is based on Tom Tom data. Honestly I believe Google data has left Tom Tom in the dust.
    Maybe, but in countries where BlackBerry maps has voice, when tried side by side while driving, BlackBerry maps beats the hell out of both Google and apple maps. The response is much faster, instructions are clearer, and it never fails, which I cannot say about Apple or Google maps.
    I have travelled through 12 countries in the past year, I know what I am talking about.
    It works beautifully in Canada, US, Germany, France, Italy, New Zealand and Australia.
    It doesn't work at all in Japan.
    It works without voice directions in Indonesia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Monte Negro, Romania.
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-19-16 07:00 AM
    Maybe, but in countries where BlackBerry maps has voice, when tried side by side while driving, BlackBerry maps beats the hell out of both Google and apple maps. The response is much faster, instructions are clearer, and it never fails, which I cannot say about Apple or Google maps.
    I have travelled through 12 countries in the past year, I know what I am talking about.
    It works beautifully in Canada, US, Germany, France, Italy, New Zealand and Australia.
    It doesn't work at all in Japan.
    It works without voice directions in Indonesia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Monte Negro, Romania.
    In my experience in several states in the US, Google Maps works much better and is more up to date including construction and detours.

Posted via CB10
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-19-16 07:19 AM
    I guess everyone's experience is different.

In Chicago, my BlackBerry Bb10 map on a Z10 on a Canadian carrier (Rogers) worked much faster in the same car, compared with an American carrier iphone and an American carrier Samsung G4 (AT&T).

In Toronto, also in the same car, another iphone could not find the correct location of a hotel at the airport.

In Italy last week, also with an iphone, a Note 5, and my passport on at the same time, the iphone and the note5 were too slow and gave instructions after we passed the intersection or roundabout.

In my opinion, the voice driving instructions in the BB10 map app are much clearer than those of the iphone map app or Google maps.
    More importantly, the addresses and street names are given in the local language, rather than being butchered buy an English speaking person making them utterly incomprehensible even to a native speaker, for example in Germany, Croatia, Italy or Romania.

The mispronounciations in the English language driving directions given in Italy or Croatia or Romania by Google maps are outrageous.

BlackBerry maps, in English, always uses local language pronunciation when providing instructions in a foreign country which is fundamental to associating the instruction with the printed street name on signs or on maps. This is very important in countries with strict rules phonetic languages like Italian, German, Croatian or Romanian.
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-21-16 12:09 PM
    Im sorry why u need to worry about tha? Google maps work diferrently from BlackBerry maps and it cannot sync the places u went so dont worry about that and next time try tu use BlackBerry map if u want ur places to be saved

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 11:41 PM
    Im sorry why u need to worry about tha? Google maps work diferrently from BlackBerry maps and it cannot sync the places u went so dont worry about that and next time try tu use BlackBerry map if u want ur places to be saved

Posted via CB10
    GMaps can save locations without issue.
    07-22-16 07:14 AM