I've got all my contacts synced with my BBP but there is a problem which I imagine may not be easy to get around.

I have a google contact and attached to it will be several phone numbers. Google allows me to edit a custom label for each number within that contact so when I view the contact I will see..

Customer enqs xxx-xxx-xxxxxx
    Home xxx-xxx-xxxxxx
    Mob xxx-xxx-xxxxxx
    Office xxx-xxx-xxxxxx
    Aussie Mob xxx-xxx-xxxxxx
    UK Home xxx-xxx-xxxxxx

But in BB contacts all the labels are gone and I'm left with the numbers. I'm not expecting an easy answer but apart from breaking up all such contacts into separate entries what else can I do. BB has labels home, work, mobile and other. Am I stuck with these?

Also if I edit a contact such as above from my BB the contact is synced back to google and my labels are overwritten with the BB label 'other'!

Any suggestions would be welcome
    06-04-15 09:13 AM
    Try editing your labels in Google by replacing "Aussie Mobile" with "Aussie_Mobile" or "Mobile-Aussie". It may simply be the unrecognized multiple word labels that are the issue. I'd also change Mob to Mobile.
    06-04-15 10:15 AM
    try exporting contacts into Excell or CSV file first maybe and then re-uploadning it?
    06-04-15 10:26 AM
    Try editing your labels in Google by replacing "Aussie Mobile" with "Aussie_Mobile" or "Mobile-Aussie". It may simply be the unrecognized multiple word labels that are the issue. I'd also change Mob to Mobile.
    Let me ask you. Are your google contacts syncing with no loss of data i.e. labels with the native BB contacts app?
    06-04-15 10:35 AM
    try exporting contacts into Excell or CSV file first maybe and then re-uploadning it?
    I'd really like to not have to resort to this everytime I add/edit/delete a contact.

I've just added a contact which synced but didn't carry across the labels from Google. It seems to be working for BB-JAM215 though?!

The only obvious solution I can think of would be to have a different contacts manager from the Android stable.
    06-04-15 10:37 AM
    I doubt that will help, since the issue appears to be how the BB Contacts app parses the text in the contacts file it receives and the information in the Excel file will be essentially the same.
    06-04-15 10:52 AM
    I doubt that will help, since the issue appears to be how the BB Contacts app parses the text in the contacts file it receives and the information in the Excel file will be essentially the same.
    06-04-15 10:53 AM
    Sorry, I'm not using Google for Contacts. I use Outlook so I can't test it.
    06-04-15 10:55 AM
    Although this not ideal. What I had to do was to add the extra numbers in the contacts more field. I could still press and dial but not from the call screen.

What I seen happening was when BlackBerry committed any saves it wiped out the contact on google then uploaded the new copy. The field mappings were changed to default labels.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    06-04-15 11:02 AM
    Although this not ideal. What I had to do was to add the extra numbers in the contacts more field. I could still press and dial but not from the call screen.

What I seen happening was when BlackBerry committed any saves it wiped out the contact on google then uploaded the new copy. The field mappings were changed to default labels.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Yes this is a major pain as I have relied heavily on customising my contact labels.
    07-09-15 06:45 PM