03-28-15 01:03 PM
64 123
tools
    My 2 year is up with AT&T on the 29th so I'm getting set for a Passport. The Passport uses a nano Sim, correct? Is there a way I'd be able to switch back to my Z30 or even my Z10 (micro sim)?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:42 PM
    My 2 year is up with AT&T on the 29th so I'm getting set for a Passport. The Passport uses a nano Sim, correct? Is there a way I'd be able to switch back to my Z30 or even my Z10 (micro sim)?

Posted via CB10
    My Passport uses a nano-sim, my assumption is that the AT&T Passport will too.

The people at the EE shop inferred to me that you can get a 'holder' for a nano-sim that turns your nano-sim back into a micro-sim. Having said that, I've never seen one of those holders so can't verify this claim.

I asked the question re: nano-sim vs micro-sim swapping when I was in the EE shop, because historically when I've had to take certain medication, I haven't been able to use a Q10/9xxx keyboard (buttons too small for fingertips with no feeling), so had to swap the sim into a big button phone (eg Doro). Hopefully the Passport keys are large enough so I won't have to swap phones next time....

Someone has just shown me a video of a nano-sim to micro-sim adaptor, apparently you can buy these adaptors on Amazon:
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 03-26-15 at 11:03 AM.
    03-26-15 07:51 AM
    Definitely a good time. I have recently got my passport and loving it. Look like the new software update improves the whole passport experience a lot (you wont have the issues a lot of first hand users were complaining about because passport bought now would come with the new OS).

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:57 AM
    First fault of the Passport.... Laying in bed, it is hard to type and is heavy.. Not a huge deal, but lying in bed at night is a big returning email time for me...
    lol I dropped it onto my face and never did any of my old phones hurt me that bad. Still loving it

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:59 AM
    My Passport uses a nano-sim, my assumption is that the AT&T Passport will too.

The people at the EE shop inferred to me that you can get a 'holder' for a nano-sim that turns your nano-sim back into a micro-sim. Having said that, I've never seen one of those holders so can't verify this claim.

I asked the question re: nano-sim vs micro-sim swapping when I was in the EE shop, because historically when I've had to take certain medication, I haven't been able to use a Q10/9xxx keyboard (buttons too small for fingertips with no feeling), so had to swap the sim into a big button phone (eg Doro). Hopefully the Passport keys are large enough so I won't have to swap phones next time....
    AT&T's Passport takes a nano sim. I still have the micro sim that was in my Z10. If you go back and forth between phones, the main issue will be your bbID switch that you will have to do each time. You can use the on-activated one on WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:59 AM
    Thanks BigAl. I thought I heard there was an adapter of some sort because I'd hate to have to switch entirely over to a Passport cold turkey without having my Z30 safety net until I get used to a Passport. I will verify this with AT&T before I take the plunge though.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:00 PM
    Pleased if I could help - also newcollector deserves some thanks too, as he's made a very good point about having to switch over the BBID each time (something I completely forgot about, as my switch is always BlackBerry to dumb phone, eg Doro).

Good luck with your new Passport - I walked out of the shop after buying mine wondering if I'd made a huge mistake..... but after only a few hours of using it, realised I'd made an excellent choice.
    03-27-15 09:41 PM
    The so called adapter is part of the card when you buy your SIM. The perferations determine the size of the card, nano or micro. Just insert the nano into the micro to fit whatever size you want.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 09:54 PM
    Great phone. I'd only delay if you are happy with what you have. This phone is top drawer.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:55 AM
    The so called adapter is part of the card when you buy your SIM. The perferations determine the size of the card, nano or micro. Just insert the nano into the micro to fit whatever size you want.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately they're not all cut that way. My Virgin Mobile Nano SIM only had its own punch marks on the card. I was proactive however and ordered a Sadapter off Amazon.

Will be trying the Sadapter this week to use my Z10 as a GPS, as my Jeep has a custom mount for the Z10 on the dash.

I'm missing the fact the Nano is not an NFC SIM, lost the tap to pay functionality on my Z10. And I see Ugo Wallet just got updated yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    In fact it is very simple. I got my nano sim before I got BlackBerry passport, so I checked on Thingiverse site for nano to micro sim adapter and printed it (I run 3D printing company). I use it for couple of days on my Nexus 5 until passport arrived.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-28-15 11:39 AM
    So, mw first post zith mw black Passport. Arived yesterday and install from scratch with the latest 2708 OS.
    About the sim cards. I have the ability from my carrier to use two simcards with the same phone number. So the nano is in my Passport and the micro in my Z10.
    Don't think that I gonna use my Z10 a lot any more. LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:01 PM
    This is the best mobile device I have ever owned, The touch-keyboard and Blend is a game changer. As soon as Passport 2 is announced, I'll be picking it up. (This coming from a former 7 year iPhone user)
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-28-15 12:13 PM
    So, mw first post zith mw black Passport. Arived yesterday and install from scratch with the latest 2708 OS.
    About the sim cards. I have the ability from my carrier to use two simcards with the same phone number. So the nano is in my Passport and the micro in my Z10.
    Don't think that I gonna use my Z10 a lot any more. LOL

Posted via CB10
    That's my dream scenario. I wish my carrier would allow that.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:03 PM
64 123