I would like to read kindle books on my passport. I'm looking for a version that won't cause the passport to overheat. Can anyone suggest a good version? And no, I don't use the Google play store.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-12-17 03:42 PM
    Amazon sounds like the logical first choice, unless you feel that they are overheating your phone ...
    01-12-17 03:57 PM
    Kindle app is not available there for passport. There are various versions that do work, available from sites like apkpure, but I don't know which one is best.

01-12-17 04:02 PM
    The "Kindle for Android" app in the Amazon App store works just fine. The App store should already be on the Passport. Just search for Kindle App, and download it.
    01-12-17 08:30 PM
    Maybe its a software issue on your phone. The kindle app from Amazon worked on my BlackBerry Passport SE. Then, during an attempt to back-up my data, all my data (and apparently some portion of my software) got wiped, and I had to reload everything. Neither the kindle app nor the Amazon Music app would down load after that, and Amazon's website would indicate the apps were not compatible with my device. I called Amazon. They could not help me. However, after I upgraded the software to in December 2016, I was able to download and run the kindle and Amazon Music apps again.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 08:40 AM
    I found the kindle app on a site. Works fine now. No overheating. Now, if I could only find kindle for my bold 9930...

01-13-17 12:21 PM