04-03-15 12:21 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    I find the mapquest app not bad for navigation but I miss Google maps and the Google search or their version of assistant.

I just find it funny the people who are worried about what company a is doing with my information or how they use certain data they collect etc. If you are that worried you need to live off the grid, because everything is out there I'm guessing half of those worried about Google are posting one hundred selfies on facebook showing what they ate for breakfast.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:16 AM
    In case it's not obvious (and with apologies if it is), the difference between these two is that the sync option is dynamic, so it maintains equivalence between the two lists of contacts. The CSV method is one and done, after which outlook.com doesn't interact with Gmail contacts.

If for some reason you've decided you don't want Google to have access to your contacts, you'd use the CSV export method and then delete them from your Gmail account.
    ^^^^^ is exactly what I have done and it has made my life so much simpler. I have learned over the years that keeping a frequently archived CSV of my "personal" contacts is the only way to ensure that valuable data is not corrupted or lost. And, when you know you have it, switching services is never intimidating.

I like Google just fine, but I want to decide what information I feed it, and I draw the line at confirming my list of personal contacts. I use Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. for my professional connections, but I keep my personal contacts in Outlook.com.

I am not an anti-government, privacy freak, and I have no desire to go off the grid. Moreover, I have no illusions that my cloud data is 100% private , I just don't want to consciously enable companies whose BUSINESS MODEL is commercializing my private relationships.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:09 AM
    Yes yes nice to hear I can't put mine down

Posted via BBPP
    04-03-15 08:27 AM
    I've been feeling this out for a while myself! Time to make the move.

Security Matters - sent via BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1
    04-03-15 10:48 AM
    I moved everything to Microsoft, Outlook.com and Onedrive. I love the activesync exchange-based outlook.com service and it syncs both ways instantly on my phone, pc and tablet. Started moving over when Microsoft started providing unlimited onedrive storage with office 365 plans. For a small monthly sub, I have 365 installed on 3 pc's, have unlimited onedrive and perfect and instant sync on my BlackBerry.

I have nothing against google or any other "big brother" for that matter. I just like the Msoft stuff better.
    04-03-15 12:01 PM
    I felt the same way, having to sign in with my Google with almost every app I download, I feel free now, I still use gmail.
    I'm happy with everything on my passport, even the maps which everyone seems to hate

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-03-15 12:21 PM
81 ... 234