Looking to figure how to do this and haven't really found a solution since I moved back to the berry...

On the q10 I couldn't really read research from work but on the passport it is now possible again.

So my issue is that my work email forwards the research to my separate Gmail account.

I don't want to integrate the email into the hub, as I want to manually update and refresh the email list when I am in work email reading mode. The work Gmail address is set up with filters that highlight emails based on key words and topics in diff colors. So I am looking to get a workable solution that would allow me to view these color filters in a Gmail like app... want it to be a separate app. Doesn't have to be Gmail but has to retain the functionality of the Gmail filters / colors.

Let me know what you are using that could possibly help here.

N
    11-05-14 10:30 AM
    Adding a Gmail account to the hub is not going to get you your custom identification of your emails.

You need the Gmail App, which needs Google Services which we don't have.

There have been some here playing around with getting Google Service working and thus Gmail. If you are willing to play with things and use patched apps... you might get what you want.
    11-05-14 10:41 AM
    I saw that there is a patching process that essentially removes the Google play dependences. My question remains regarding why the file is not made available directly. Ie the patched version of gmail... unless of course it is device dependent and needs to be patched individually on each device.
    11-05-14 10:48 AM
    11-05-14 11:40 AM
    I thought I read somewhere someone was logging into gmail in their browser to do something with the folders. Not sure if that might help you or not. I just add the folders I want to view on my phone in the imap section with a check mark and I can go to that folder whenever I want. Granted there are no colors but once I'm in that folder I don't get the regular inbox anymore either.
    11-05-14 11:54 AM
    Pretty sure that is BBOS... and not sure even it is supported anymore.

Here is more info... it's not for the faint of heart...http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    11-05-14 11:57 AM
    Adding a Gmail account to the hub is not going to get you your custom identification of your emails.

You need the Gmail App, which needs Google Services which we don't have.

There have been some here playing around with getting Google Service working and thus Gmail. If you are willing to play with things and use patched apps... you might get what you want.
    Yes agreed! If google services are enabled (of which nobody knows when and if) you can set your custome filters. So far existing Gmail apps don't have that feature our functionality.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-05-14 12:11 PM
    Isn't there third party apps that manages email client accounts?
    11-05-14 12:26 PM
    Pretty sure that is BBOS... and not sure even it is supported anymore.

Here is more info... it's not for the faint of heart...http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Faint or not. Followed the instructions and it is now working fine. Also patched some android apps to remove the Google advertisements.

Thanks a lot!!! Cheers!!!
    11-05-14 01:03 PM
    Might have spoken too soon. Play services constantly crashes and while I can view the email, I can't sync it without crashing Google play services.
    11-05-14 01:14 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 01:18 PM
    Might have spoken too soon. Play services constantly crashes and while I can view the email, I can't sync it without crashing Google play services.
    Google is updating alot of their core apps for the next OS version Lollipop so I'd expect some issues with patching methods now and for next few weeks.
    11-05-14 01:39 PM
    Removed everything for now. Phone started to lag and got really hot. Will wait for more stable version in the next few weeks.
    11-05-14 02:00 PM
    There are several "Email for Gmail" type apps. I haven't used my purchased version for a year, so I can't say what it can and can't do. You might need to contact a dev.
    11-05-14 09:21 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I tried unlocking Google Services about four months ago.... spent a lot of time and got it to work for a while, but it didn't last and killed my battery. But other say it works....
    11-06-14 08:20 AM
    Same thing happened to me when I tried unlocking Google Services about four months ago.... spent a lot of time and got it to work for a while, but it didn't last and killed my battery. But other say it works....
    There has been major progress in patching the Google Services Framework. This results in a working Google Mail, Google Drive. Read the last few pages of my landing page.
    11-06-14 05:45 PM
    If BlackBerry is going to rely on android apps they really need to enable the runtime to interact with the play services. Otherwise why bother.

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    11-06-14 06:04 PM