Hello Community,

First of all I want to say before I switched back again to BlackBerry I always used Android Phones. I had a Samsung S6 Edge before I got my BlackBerry Passport SE, that I got Yesterday. All my Email Accounts and Sozial Media Worked there completely fine without any Problems.

My GMAIL and GMX are the most important Accounts because all my Contacts are Saved there.

To make the Gmail Account work I used the pre installed Email Settings from BlackBerry in Settings for Email Accouts. All works fine until it wants to save the Account then I got this Information:

Accounts

Your login information for IMAP Server
    [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is
    Incorrect. Please check your account
    Settings.

The same information was shown for my GMX Email Account. I even used the same settings that I had on my Phone before.

Please try to help me, because I really need my Contacts from my Accounts.

GMAIL and GMX Email Accounts won't work!!! Please Help :(-img_20160424_222628.png

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 09:41 AM
    04-24-16 10:20 AM
    I checked your Link already. The last Post sounds interesting but the Question is if he did it on the phone or on the Computer?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 10:54 AM
    Sorry, I don't have a BB Priv but guessing the best way would be to do it through the phone itself. Try it and see if it works.
    04-24-16 11:01 AM
    I don't have a BlackBerry Priv. I use a BlackBerry Passport SE.

It is still not working and I still don't have my contacts on my phone, that is so frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 12:59 PM
    I don't have a BlackBerry Priv. I use a BlackBerry Passport SE.

It is still not working and I still don't have my contacts on my phone, that is so frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    I understand your frustration but sorry have no answers for you. I just saw this thread and thought I would try to add a gmail account to my spare z10 as I only use it these days for a media player and for app experiments etc before I put anything on my Passport. Anyway, I just don't get why you are having so much trouble with this. I added a gmail account so easily and pain free. Sorry you are having so much trouble.
    04-24-16 01:18 PM
    Thank you very much for trying. I'm really very frustrated now. I can't use my 2 mail accounts and I don't have my contacts. Looks like I have to enter them all manually 700. Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 01:39 PM
    Thank you very much for trying. I'm really very frustrated now. I can't use my 2 mail accounts and I don't have my contacts. Looks like I have to enter them all manually 700. Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    Through  Link you could opt to selectively transfer your contacts and settings if I'm not mistaken

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-25-16 06:43 PM
    For what it's worth my Gmail / GMX settings indicate

Server address imap.gmail.com / imap.gmx.com
    Port 993 / 993
    Encryption: SSL /SSL

SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com / mail.gmx.com,
    SMTP port: 465 / 587
    SMTP encryption: SCL / StartTLS

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-25-16 06:54 PM
    OP, are you changing any of the setting when you are setting up your email?

I've set up GMAIL contacts and emails on a Z10, Passport, and Classic with no problem whatsoever.

If all else fails, maybe a reload of the OS would help out?

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    04-25-16 08:28 PM
    Is the problem that you cannot see the Gmail account in the hub and can't login or it just simply your address book will not load, have you tried this https://support.google.com/mail/answ..._topic=1669014

Posted via my magical Passport, keeping the dream alive Scotland Aye!
    04-26-16 06:11 AM
    This is the Informationen that I always got. All the Settings are right.
    I already have my Contacts now on the BlackBerry but I still want to have also my Gmail running so I will always have a Backup just in case. And my contacts in Gmail have the Pictures of all contacts already set up.
    GMAIL and GMX Email Accounts won't work!!! Please Help :(-img_20160426_191926.png
    GMAIL and GMX Email Accounts won't work!!! Please Help :(-img_20160426_191942.png
    GMAIL and GMX Email Accounts won't work!!! Please Help :(-img_20160426_191949.png
    Please help me guys I really want to cry.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    04-26-16 06:23 AM
    I had a similar issue like this with icloud email account eventually I changed the password for the account via my iPad through the browser, then logged into my account through my Passport and worked then changed the password in settings hit save and then started working, give it a try may work for you.

04-26-16 06:34 AM
    Ok I will give it a try. I will change my Password, let's see what will be the result

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition 
    04-26-16 07:25 AM
    Office 365. Outlook.com is it has to be free

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-26-16 05:26 PM
    For encryption settings, is there an option for auto?
    04-27-16 12:56 AM
    What do you mean With Office 365? I don't understand?

I'm still scared to change my Password from my Emails because I had it already for a long time like that

There should be a other way

04-27-16 04:56 AM
    No other way and you should drop Gmail and switch to ms. Microsoft free outlook.com mail is actually a active exchange account. That's better than imap.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-27-16 08:41 AM
    What do you mean With Office 365? I don't understand?

I'm still scared to change my Password from my Emails because I had it already for a long time like that

There should be a other way

You only have to change your password as a suggestion, I only know it worked for me after contacting BlackBerry and my network provider on several occasions and finally talking to Apple they suggested changing the password and presto it worked, you can always change it back later on.

04-27-16 09:19 AM
    Gmail works perfectly with my Passport SE. Use the Add Account and the first option on the first page ie add Email, Calendar and Contact option then disable Calendar and Contact syncing if you don't want to sync them. Don't use the add Gmail Account option in the advanced settings. I read too much when I first got my Passport and was thinking that I have to use CalDav and CardDav etc, that is nonsense, in the end it was so simple using the first option in the add account menu.
    04-27-16 10:23 AM
    Ok, if I change my Password back again to the old Original one that I always use, then I will give it also a try. Because I'm always scared to have new Password, I know myself very well that I will forget them.

With the Outlook? I mean it sounds very interested. But the thing is I used my accounts for so long time I can't drop them they are even connected to other things. I can not drop them also because my Contacts and other important information are saved there.

To the first Email? Yes I tried it there already. Even now I Tried it again and it still want me to go for the advanced settings. Here is the ScreenShot
    GMAIL and GMX Email Accounts won't work!!! Please Help :(-img_20160428_002930.png

04-27-16 11:43 AM
    Why not put the password in the password keeper for safe keeping?

04-27-16 11:47 AM
    That is also a good idea haha. But when I will charge my BlackBerry again to an other Unit or Brand I will lose or forget my Passwords again.

I have my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition not so long yet. I'm still trying it out.

04-27-16 02:15 PM
    If you change and it's another BlackBerry phone just use Blend and swap it over onto new phone, it's far easier to use as you can copy and paste passwords and user names onto accounts when logging in.

Also important passwords write them down and keep the somewhere else safe.

04-27-16 02:22 PM
    That is also a good idea haha. But when I will charge my BlackBerry again to an other Unit or Brand I will lose or forget my Passwords again.

I have my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition not so long yet. I'm still trying it out.

I use a password keeper called KeePassB in my Passport. This keeper is cross-platform and I have it on my desktop pc, my laptop, my Playbook and my Windows 10 tablet Lenovo Thinkpad. It also works on android an iOS. Works great for me and I use it every single day.
    04-27-16 02:26 PM
60 123