Pin This to put an end to questions about GSP's for the unlocked Passport is my suggestion to CB.

Here is my advice on glass screen protectors for the unlocked passport, not the ATT nor the Silver Edition.n I've tried two types of glass screen protector for my unlocked Passport.

The first one covered the "viewable screen", which is the lighted screen, GSP covered right up to the end of the lighted screen and to the silver across bottom and almost all the way to the top with perfect cut outs for camera, screen an sensor. These will not adhere to 1/4 inch all the around. So you end up with a gray band all the way around which cannot stick due to curved screen.

The second one did not cover the lite screen edge, both GSP edges fell short by almost 1/8th of an inch, it did cover all the way to the silver bar at bottom and only had one cut out at top for sensor and screen but not camera. So it was no surprise that the 1/4 inch gray band was all along the top and bottom where it cannot adhere due to screen curve. Even though the gray band covered part of the camera and not at camera bottom it didn't appear to affect camera picture.

So my recommendation is unless you want to live with the dreaded gray bands which are obviously visible, don't waste your time, regardless of what the seller tells you, there is no GSP available with a normal fit for the unlocked PP. If you must have a GSP then go with the one that has the perfect cut outs at top for camera, screen and sensor and that at least covers the lighted screen all the to the edge of the lighted screen. It's on ebay and ships from Hong Kong.

My suggestion is go for the highest quality flexible screen protector for a good fit that doesn't make the phone look crappy.
    10-31-15 11:29 AM
    It may not be perfect nor is it glass but I have been using the BlackBerry branded ones and it's ok. It does the job.

What I would like though is to find something that it non glare.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:32 AM
    It may not be perfect nor is it glass but I have been using the BlackBerry branded ones and it's ok. It does the job.

What I would like though is to find something that it non glare.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't used them, but reviews seem positive mostly. But some say it distorts the perfect images on the screen, a trade off I guess.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Blac...UvbUpU12032249
    10-31-15 11:35 AM
    I haven't used them, but reviews seem positive mostly. But some say it distorts the perfect images on the screen, a trade off I guess.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Blac...UvbUpU12032430
    I've been using the Mr. Shields matte screen protectors since launch. They were one of the first to have any screen protector for the Passport initially. I always use matte protectors on my devices. They are much better than the others (for me). No fingerprints, glare, etc. Fits perfectly. No problems.

Changed the one out on my first original Passport after it was on for about 10 months and a few scratches. After removing, the device's screen was flawless and I reapplied a new one. Just my experience with these protectors.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 01:08 PM