Hello everyone,

Yesterday a glass of beer with sprite (Shandy) spilled on the table straight on my phone and it got soaked.
    I quickly dried it with a napkin and turned it off.
    I didn't really think something would happen but you know just in case.

Anyways an hour later I turned it on and looked like it works fine. The only thing I realize is different is the keyboard.
    There are some letters that are hard to press on, I mean you can press them but it's not easy as it used to be, it feels like they are kind of sticky down there and that's why it feels hard to press.

Any suggestions how I can get this fixed? The Ideal solution for me would be without needing to disassemble the keyboard.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 01:41 AM
    It looks like the keyboard will have to come off. There seems to be no way around it. If it is sticky under the keyboard, and it will be (judging by your description), the stickiness will start attracting dirt and maybe ants too. Over a period, the gunk will build up and may lead to further complications.

So it is best to have it stripped down and cleaned. All the best

Posted from my  Passport � PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    09-20-15 01:58 AM
    Yeah it has to come off. My passport got stolen yesterday. And my local Rogers had none, ended buying a Samsung s6. But I'm gonna sell it and get the Venice or passport SE in a few months.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-15 02:03 AM
    OK got you. But how in the world do I get it off?
    Could I do myself? Or should I go to a phone lab?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:07 AM
    OK got you. But how in the world do I get it off?
    Could I do myself? Or should I go to a phone lab?

Posted via CB10
    http://m.crackberry.com/heres-how-yo...berry-passport

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:51 AM
    Who the f drink beer with cold drink xD

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze, anon(8063781) and extisis like this.
    09-20-15 03:21 AM
    You now have a new BlackBerry.......called a sticky.... :-)

BlackBerry Z30 / BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 03:29 AM
    Goes to show that just because someone has good taste in phones doesn't mean they will also have good taste in beverages...
    09-20-15 03:34 AM
    You could try using 99% isopropyl alcohol and Q-Tips?

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=uReU0-z2
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-20-15 03:40 AM
    When you are writing a reminder note, no one can experience the way you are writing an sticky note. It's official.

Posted via  Blackberry Passport (SE) - Singapore
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-20-15 04:30 AM
    Actually I haven't done anything yet and it got pretty normal during the day. Do you guys still thing I should do something? My concern is that I'm just gonna do thing worst if I'll try to disassemble the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 04:39 AM
    Actually I haven't done anything yet and it got pretty normal during the day. Do you guys still thing I should do something? My concern is that I'm just gonna do thing worst if I'll try to disassemble the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    That's entirely up to you. From personal experience, once something's in the keyboard it's not gonna come out without disassembly. Sticky keys is an entirely different creature than dusty keys, who knows what kind of havoc this is wreaking on your circuitry. Imo you should definitely do some cleanup with isopropyl alcohol. If you've had too many shandys perhaps get a trusted friend to do it for you :P

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-20-15 05:41 AM
    You know what happened, don't you?

Shandy is never a good idea.

Via Passport 
    09-20-15 06:12 AM
    Bring in to a repair shop and if they're cool, probably charge you $20,,no big deal for them but for the victim it's just the worst thing in the world,don't telegraph that feeling when dealing with them,lol
    Moroianu George and BerryRipe like this.
    09-20-15 06:36 AM
    Goes to show that just because someone has good taste in phones doesn't mean they will also have good taste in beverages...
    That's one of the most popular drinks in a Beer Drinking County like Germany ( Alster or Radler) , they even mix Beer with Coke ( Diesel) .
    ( I don't touch it though )

Anyway, I spilled a sticky Drink on my Z10 and the side Volume up Button would get stuck for about a year before it finally went away.
    So if you're afraid of opening it, then you are going to have to put up with Sticky Button for a very long time.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-20-15 06:42 AM
    A friend of mine got into the same scenario with his pc. He was downloading data from a mainframe computer at work, when his computer begins to overheat. He panicked and accidentally poured a bottle of champagne over the pc which then becomes sentient. The computer starts to talk afterwards and wants to steal his GF.

If you are going to wait for a little bit longer, your Passport may becomes self aware too.

Anyway, you can use Servisol Electronic Cleaning Solvent. It is safe on plastics and rubbers. Just make sure that your device is off when spraying on it (as a precaution). There is no requirement for you to dissect your device.

Posted via CB10
    Moroianu George likes this.
    09-20-15 06:45 AM
    Shandy and radler are delicious. Plus American 'beer' needs all the help it can get.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-20-15 06:45 AM
    Dang, sorry to hear about that beer accident. I would hate to have to disassemble my Passport. I might have to look into the Blackberry Care protection plan soon. (BlackBerry Care ? BlackBerry Warranty, BlackBerry Protection Plan - US)
    09-20-15 06:51 AM
    That's one of the most popular drinks in a Beer Drinking County like Germany ( Alster or Radler) , they even mix Beer with Coke ( Diesel) .
    ( I don't touch it though )

Anyway, I spilled a sticky Drink on my Z10 and the side Volume up Button would get stuck for about a year before it finally went away.
    So if you're afraid of opening it, then you are going to have to put up with Sticky Button for a very long time.
    I just discovered Radler this summer,I love it..lol
    09-20-15 06:58 AM
    I just discovered Radler this summer,I love it..lol
    Yup, also try it with Fanta, there's also BMW ( Bier mit Wasser) Beer mit Sparkling Water, which is like Domestic Light Beer in the States ;-)
    09-20-15 07:04 AM
    Watering down beer is just wrong, why not throw some ice in there too?!

Via Passport 
    BerryRipe and Lawmen23 like this.
    09-20-15 07:38 AM
    In this part of the uk a diesel is half pint lager with half pint cider topped off with blackcurrant cordial. Not really relevant but interesting all the same, the same drink minus the cordial is known as a snakebite.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:39 AM
    The think that's stood out to me in this is beer mixed with Sprite. This is actually a thing that's done?
    09-20-15 08:08 AM
    The think that's stood out to me in this is beer mixed with Sprite. This is actually a thing that's done?
    Hell ya! I've mixed Heineken with 7-UP! You can mix up just about anything. Go crazy!
    09-20-15 08:16 AM
    Some belgian beers are produced & bottled with cherry or rasberry juice added = kriek lambic framboise & cerise, hoegaarden rose

Bumpkin
    09-20-15 09:45 AM
55 123