Question in this matter... how does the GA work for the screen rounded edges?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:03 AM
    Hey, do you send in Czech republic? Thx
    11-03-14 08:40 AM
    Does anyone know where to buy these in Canada? The website charges $20 for shipping

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:25 AM
    Does anyone know where to buy these in Canada? The website charges $20 for shipping

Posted via CB10
    http://www.ghost-armor.com/locations/all
    The Canadian locations are mixed in with the US locations.
    11-03-14 09:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    The retail kiosks mostly jack up the price however, so pick your poison. You won't get a good deal on Ghost Armor generally. It's overpriced big time. Best deal is to order from the site and do the install yourself.

Do watch out for customs fees however since the basic FedEx Shipping method they use will almost certainly result in taxes and import fees being charged. Ghost Armor is actually a pretty lousy company, and this is coming from somebody who has been their customer for about 5 years. They are lucky that their matte protectors are some of the best out there so my choices are limited. Otherwise I would have dumped them a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:46 AM
    The retail kiosks mostly jack up the price however, so pick your poison. You won't get a good deal on Ghost Armor generally. It's overpriced big time. Best deal is to order from the site and do the install yourself.

Do watch out for customs fees however since the basic FedEx Shipping method they use will almost certainly result in taxes and import fees being charged. Ghost Armor is actually a pretty lousy company, and this is coming from somebody who has been their customer for about 5 years. They are lucky that their matte protectors are some of the best out there so my choices are limited. Otherwise I would have dumped them a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    Your experience is completely different than mine. I've had G.A. Installed at 3 different locations over about the same time. The cost has always been the same as the online price.

And I disagree that it's overpriced. I consider it the Cadillac of screen protectors. Are there cheaper options? Certainly. But how many come with a guarantee like G.A.'s? How many are self-healing.
    11-03-14 09:58 AM
    What part of the OC is the kios or name of the store?

Estimated cost for Passport?
    Ghost Armor, it's a stand alone kiosk in front of the food court. I will be at the real estate kiosk a couple of booths down at 530 tonight, come and see me first and I will get you a discount

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-03-14 10:13 AM
    Exactly!

You don't see it and it offers protection.

Unlike some of the others, it's almost invisible.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:21 AM
    How does the clear ghost armour look on the back? Where there is a slight depression due to blackberry's logo?

Posted via CB10
    The template looks like it's cut around the logo

11-03-14 10:24 AM
    Sweet! There's one in Brea, California. Probably get this done next week. Will finally feel comfortable rocking my Q10 naked and showing off the carbon weave back.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    11-03-14 11:01 AM
    Your experience is completely different than mine. I've had G.A. Installed at 3 different locations over about the same time. The cost has always been the same as the online price.

And I disagree that it's overpriced. I consider it the Cadillac of screen protectors. Are there cheaper options? Certainly. But how many come with a guarantee like G.A.'s? How many are self-healing.
    I've replaced my PlayBook and iphone4 GA one time each, essentially getting a second one for $5. Two top notch screen protectors for $5 more than one... I'll take it!

I've never had a problem. One of my PlayBook ones didn't settle properly and I went back and they fixed it no hassle, also gave me a $5 credit for having to bus it from toronto to vaughn mills (I may have made a comment about it just to test the waters lol)

Does anyone know if the carbon has a cutout for the logo? I don't like the cutouts. I would like a leather one, but Idk I'd there are places to do custom ones for cheap so the carbon may be my second option

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:11 AM
    Sweet! There's one in Brea, California. Probably get this done next week. Will finally feel comfortable rocking my Q10 naked and showing off the carbon weave back.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    Always call ahead before you go to make sure they have stock. Save yourself a trip.

Via CB10 Runnin Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of The Peevishlicious Crew
    11-03-14 11:15 AM
    Hello guys. I'm still waiting for my Passport to arrive, and I'm thinking about getting full body ghost armor for it. I wonder if I should play safe and still get a hard case for my Passport? I'm pretty clumsy and I do drop my phones from time to time. But I wonder whether or not getting a hard case after getting a full body ghost armor is actually being counter productive? Since I wouldn't like for the ghost armor to peel off from the edges because of constant friction with the hard case. Thanks!
    11-03-14 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd have to say for me, personally, they aren't overpriced. Compared to the general screen protectors you can buy, they are quite fairly prices and getting it done on location has been a great experience for me because of their loyalty to the customers (only charging installation fees in the future instead of for new Ghost Armor in the event of a device swap or it peeled off (which has never happened on its own for me))

Compared to other companies that install it for me, with such good quality stuff, I'd say it's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    11-03-14 01:38 PM
    Hello guys. I'm still waiting for my Passport to arrive, and I'm thinking about getting full body ghost armor for it. I wonder if I should play safe and still get a hard case for my Passport? I'm pretty clumsy and I do drop my phones from time to time. But I wonder whether or not getting a hard case after getting a full body ghost armor is actually being counter productive? Since I wouldn't like for the ghost armor to peel off from the edges because of constant friction with the hard case. Thanks!
    The ghost armor protects it against scratches and damages from sharp objects 95% of the time.

A hard case is going to protect it from impact damages, whether they be from hard drops or things hitting the device while it's in your pocket, etc.
    It's up to you.

If you plan on keep the device naked some of the time for wearing it in your Suit or something of the sort, get the full body as well as a case.

If you plan on leaving the case on 100% or 95% of the time, I'd recommend just getting the screen protection part and then the hard case. No need for the body cover if it's never going to be naked

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    11-03-14 01:43 PM
    Ghost Armor, it's a stand alone kiosk in front of the food court. I will be at the real estate kiosk a couple of booths down at 530 tonight, come and see me first and I will get you a discount

**UPDATE***

The Passport template will arrive at the Oshawa Centre between Nov 7th - 10th. They will do a custom cut but I would recommend waiting til the 10th for the templated one. Actually, wait til the 11th as I will be getting mine redone on the 10th

AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-03-14 04:13 PM
    The ghost armor protects it against scratches and damages from sharp objects 95% of the time.

A hard case is going to protect it from impact damages, whether they be from hard drops or things hitting the device while it's in your pocket, etc.
    It's up to you.

If you plan on keep the device naked some of the time for wearing it in your Suit or something of the sort, get the full body as well as a case.

If you plan on leaving the case on 100% or 95% of the time, I'd recommend just getting the screen protection part and then the hard case. No need for the body cover if it's never going to be naked

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the input. After some consideration I think I'll just stick with the full body ghost armor. I figure it might feel more comfortable to hold and carry the phone without the hard case. Besides, I have never used any soft/hard case for all my phones, with the exception of my ipad.

Anyway, does anyone know how ghost armor's warranty works for buyers who are not living in the US / Canada? In my place there is no ghost armor's outlet.

Just a note: for those who are looking for passport's hard case, there is one being sold on Amazon by the seller Sunny Savers. I can't post the link since my post count is under ten. Just look up the page, it should be easy to find.The seller claims it's the same as the original. I found it while I was looking around, because the black hard case is sold out at CB's and BB's official shop.
    11-07-14 01:12 AM
    Did anyone try out the template today? I'm dieing to see it!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:47 PM
    Did anyone try out the template today? I'm dieing to see it!

Posted via CB10
    Pun intended?

I should be getting mine today. My local G.A. kiosk got theirs yesterday, so I'll be heading over later to get it applied.
    11-08-14 07:51 AM
    Pun intended?

I should be getting mine today. My local G.A. kiosk got theirs yesterday, so I'll be heading over later to get it applied.
    Well?! How is it?!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:55 PM
    Well?! How is it?!

Posted via CB10
    I was too late. They had received 6 sets. By the time I got there, all were sold. Waiting for the next delivery now. I guess there's more Passport users in my neighborhood.
    bspence87 likes this.
    11-12-14 02:36 PM
46 12