Hi everyone,

Today I received my blackberry passport. This my first blackberry and before this I was using iOS and android. The blackberry os 10 seems okay.

However the size is really weird. I want to ask if got used to the size of the phone or if it still feels weird for you. Does it feel awkward to carry it in your pocket and make a phone call? Using it with one hand is really difficult did you get used to that?

Are there any apps for chromecast airplay amazon instant video and netflix?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Timur

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:43 AM
    You should get used to the size pretty quickly, and will find a comfortable way to hold and type on it, but it will take about two weeks. Don't give up on it because the more you master it, the more rewarding it feels.

There are apps for chromecast, amazon instant video, and netflix. I'm not sure about airplay. Search around here for installing android apps using 'snap'.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    10-30-14 11:47 AM
    It feels fine. In fact, now when I hold a all touch it, it feels weird.
    10-30-14 11:55 AM
    The first time it was weird. After a days use it was normal. I find it easier to grab out of pocket. I use one hand all the time. Not so much for typing as I like to type fast. Phone clarity is awesome.

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-30-14 12:01 PM
    I've had mine for about a week and it doesn't seem big at all anymore. Loving this phone more and more everyday!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:02 PM
    Chromecast on a BB10 device is tough, BUT a developer friend of mine wrote a program that can help called Cast for Chromecast. It just works with youtube though for now.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    11-03-14 11:52 AM
    You will get used of the size after a week ,however for typing you need definitely to use both hands.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-04-14 02:46 PM
    Took me about 3 days to get used to it.. after that my z10 started looking like an iPhone 3GS in terms of size.. weird

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    11-04-14 02:49 PM
    Agree with above. I took about a week or two to feel very comfortable with it and about a month to pass my z10 in typing speed. Now I can't put this thing down. Love it.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-04-14 02:49 PM
    Took me about 3 days to get used to it.. after that my z10 started looking like an iPhone 3GS in terms of size.. weird

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    This! It's not that the passport feels big but rather that all other devices feel so tiny now...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 12:02 PM
    I have had mine for half an hour and I already find the Q10 minuscule.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-14 12:55 PM
    Funny I took my 9900 out today (had passport for over a month) and was shocked how small it looked and not as gorgeous as I remember it

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK
    12-05-14 12:50 PM
    When I took it out of box,i was worried it would be too big.
    For me, perfect! Typing is great! I had Z10 previous and love this much more!

Passport
    12-05-14 02:46 PM
    I'm 5 days in with the Passport and really digging it.
    Trying to get used to avoiding hitting the virtual symbols accidentally while using the physical keyboard.
    When I do jump back on my Q10 to run an app that the Passport doesn't have or hasn't been updated I too am surprised at how small the Q10 is.
    Loving the phone can't seem to put it down!

But the Q10 is a unbelievable phone I will continue to carry it along with the Passport until all the apps on it are updated for the Passport

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:46 PM
    Trying to get used to avoiding hitting the virtual symbols accidentally while using the physical keyboard.
    When I do jump back on my Q10 to run an app that the Passport doesn't have or hasn't been updated I too am surprised at how small the Q10 is.
    Loving the phone can't seem to put it down!

But the Q10 is a unbelievable phone I will continue to carry it along with the Passport until all the apps on it are updated for the Passport

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via CB10
    I was about to suggest that you download Sachesi from BlackBerry World, but it seems to have been pulled. It basically allowed you to access BlackBerry World as another device (such as a Q10). Bummer.

Looks like Sacha has some sort of workaround sorted out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=980486
    Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:51 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Since the Q10 and the Passport both have the same screen dimensions - what needs to be updated for the Passport?
    12-05-14 04:38 PM
    The os just seems okay? Lol I find the os way ahead of ios. Every time I have to use my work iPhone I realize how good I have it with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:43 PM
    After day 3 I was in love, oh and don't forget to subscribe/check out the "hidden features" thread by thymaster, I guarantee 100% that it will make you absolutely fall love with your passport! (if you already aren't in love with it by day 3 of course). One of the best threads on CB!
    12-05-14 04:51 PM
    Hi everyone,

Today I received my blackberry passport. This my first blackberry and before this I was using iOS and android. The blackberry os 10 seems okay.

However the size is really weird. I want to ask if got used to the size of the phone or if it still feels weird for you. Does it feel awkward to carry it in your pocket and make a phone call? Using it with one hand is really difficult did you get used to that?

Are there any apps for chromecast airplay amazon instant video and netflix?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Timur

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya. Initially I was questioned my purchase because of the size. Took about 5 days and I love the size.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-05-14 04:55 PM