Ordered from Amazon This Beauty for 549.00 Prime and super excited!!! - GETTING MY RED PASSPORT TODAY!  What Should I do First?? OR NOT DO?-screen-shot-2015-06-03-7.18.12-am.jpg

I'm an early adopter and have had both the Z10 and Q10 since launch and Have for the most part sideloaded and Installed all of the Leaked OS's all the way to current '681' - My Z10 Seemed like it always Had issues with Almost All Android Apps From Snap, or Converted myself, perhaps Android runtime was the culprit but I keep getting "Google Play needs isn't responding" when I try and use just about any sideloaded app. Havent tried the Lucky Patcher yet - There's so much to remember or learn here - I consider myself just above the average Smart-phone User in knowledge and Tech Sav but I just can't keep up with what you are supposed to do - or not do - using these Beta OS's not to mention SNAP, Darcy, SACHESI, Google Chrome Extensions, Converted Sideloaded .bars -- waaaah!! I Need a cheat sheet!

As much as many of us would like to stay on here all Day and read the entire Site and every pertinent post, the reality is most of us just cant, or try but don't know what we are looking for, or HELL, ok maybe I'm the minority **** here however I'm trying to keep up. And guys and gals who are on here all the time, thank ALL of you who take the time to try explain this stuff and especially you geniuses who make these wonderful specialty apps and goodies available!

About my Shiny New Unlocked Passport - Should I go ahead and Use an Autoloader to install 10.3.2.798 before I set up? Or should I Blitz it? Still Fuzzy on the difference there...And should I Download all the files / APP's from the MEGA 798 Post provided?? And if so do I delete the older ones?

I'm really hoping (confirm or deny) The Passport shipped with 10.3 with Amazon APP Integration is going to cure a lot of the android runtime/google play problems i've had on the other devices, (not to mention need for personalized Debugged Tokens, Patching, GOOGLE ID shenanigans, and whatever else we crackheads have to do just to Keep our DEVICES ANDROID/BB HYBRIDS!!??

Or am I dreaming and with every OS LEAK I dare, I'm still going to have to stay on top of thes issues and create workarounds? Also I've never understood :

SAY I Do a major OS UPDATE (non destructive) - am I supposed to DELETE from Device all my old APPS and SHELL files first then install all fresh ones? I dont usually -- Anyway Pumped but hoping Its not as much work and hours of reading just to make it cheat and SNAP into the apps I want!

ROBERT
    Last edited by almosthumanfx; 06-03-15 at 11:45 AM.
    06-03-15 10:24 AM
    Android apps are not maid alike in the eyes of the coder. Some run flawlessly, some are total train wrecks on BB10. Some from Snap/Google Play are total F(*& ups, while the same app from Amazon works fine. There isn't much to it but trial and error. Cobalt's hack allows you to access content from the Play Store but it will not (in most cases) force apps to work properly. Patching with LuckyPatcher is too, trial and error.

Long story short, try to stick with Amazon, go for Snap if needed (or Cobalt's Google hack if you MUST have it) but expect some apps never to work properly till the runtime is updated past Android 4.3.

I don't think you can use an autoloader prior to set up, but if you can, do it. Non descructive updates are only needed when you have something on the device. This clearly isn't the case.

10.3.2 comes with Amazon Store and Amazon App Store.

Again, you are talking about non destructive updates when you have a blank device. You don't have anything in it so nothing to delete prior. Still, you should not need to.

Workarounds and bug fixes are mandatory specially on new OS releases (when was BB10 released again? Two years ago or so? Fairly new).
    06-03-15 10:26 AM
    Thanks diegonel I get that point about not having anything to protect - So out of the box I should:
    1: Do Initial Setup on Device
    2: Use Autoloader and Update to 10.3.2.798
    3: WIPE DEVICE OR NO?
    4: INSTALL ALL NEW 798 BARS THAT CORRESPOND TO MY NEW OS...?
    5: DELETE OLDER VERSIONS OR NO? (I know Sachesi will supposedly SKIP if a newer one is on device but i've had issues)
    6: RE-SETUP (Add BBID, EMAILS, ETC) Restoring from a Z10 .bbb probably not wise or do-able?
    7: ADD SNAP, GOOGLE PLAY STORE, GOODIE READER ETC and get all my APPS back at newest versions - Correct?

WICKED...
    diegonei likes this.
    06-03-15 10:43 AM
    Paint it Black!!

Just kidding lol!! :-)

I hope got it by now. Enjoy your device.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:55 AM
    HA gimmi786! Im so Sick of BLACK BLACKBERRIES! This would have been my 8th one in a row so I went CRAY CRAY and went for the ROHO - Not my style usually but It just looks cooler to me as the size and shape are so novelty anyway..
    06-03-15 11:02 AM
    Install Browsie Browser, it runs great on a passport! You'll barely look back to your stock browser

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 11:14 AM
    3: WIPE DEVICE OR NO?
    What for? Autoloaders wipe the device already
    4: INSTALL ALL NEW 798 BARS THAT CORRESPOND TO MY NEW OS...?
    What for? Autoloaders install those already
    5: DELETE OLDER VERSIONS OR NO? (I know Sachesi will supposedly SKIP if a newer one is on device but i've had issues)
    From where? The PC? If you need the space?
    6: RE-SETUP (Add BBID, EMAILS, ETC) Restoring from a Z10 .bbb probably not wise or do-able?
    I would not restore, restoring usually is the cause of most issues seeing here. It's a brand new Passport, treat as such.
    7: ADD SNAP, GOOGLE PLAY STORE, GOODIE READER ETC and get all my APPS back at newest versions - Correct?
    You don't need Snap and Play Store. Why do you want two ways to download the SAME apk file? Pick one. Either you want the apks (SNAP) or you want the rest of Google Play (and the extra memory waste/constant error messages).

You don't seem to understand what an autoloader does. It will nuke the device, clean it of everything (but an eventual password if it is there) and give you a blank, OS only, device running whatever version the autoloader is for. So nothing to delete or update after that.
    06-03-15 11:24 AM
    I would say abuse it first until you find problems. Don't install 10.3.2 yet (but any 10.3.1 yes you can), since the stock OS was 10.3.1. If you run into problems be it software or hardware, you can revert it back to its stock OS and have replacement. Just saying. Again, congrats!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 11:32 AM
    10.3.2.798 is stable enough. Oh wait, you have it too.
    06-03-15 11:35 AM
    I would say abuse it first until you find problems. Don't install 10.3.2 yet (but any 10.3.1 yes you can), since the stock OS was 10.3.1. If you run into problems be it software or hardware, you can revert it back to its stock OS and have replacement. Just saying. Again, congrats!

As for updating the OS, this! Beware with 10.3.2 you are stuck and it is a new release. My devices are perfect on 10.3.1 to the point that I read the OTA for 10.3.2 was out and I rushed home from dinner to make sure automatic updates were off!

There is nothing enticing for me in 10.3.2 except maybe camera enhancements, but even then I'll wait. My Passport takes excellent pictures although there is always room for improvement.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 11:38 AM
    From where? The PC? If you need the space?

No I meant delete from the Phone - But Yes I forgot if I use an autoloader it will nuke - Been a long time since I did a destructive update -
    I would not restore, restoring usually is the cause of most issues seeing here. It's a brand new Passport, treat as such.
    Agreed!

You don't need Snap and Play Store. Why do you want two ways to download the SAME apk file? REALLY? I thought Snap was just an interim way to hybridize and didnt have all the coveted APPS Play Store has - Which are you saying you would use?

Google Play (and the extra memory waste/constant error messages). What do you mean here? I thought it was patched and fine to use now on all devices?

You don't seem to understand what an autoloader does.. I do...and Did before - thanks for the refresher,.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-03-15 11:40 AM
    10.3.2.798 is stable enough. Oh wait, you have it too.
    Did u read what OP stated? He's getting RED Passport today and ask what he should do first. I didn't say any negative with 798, I'm trying to tell him to observe his Passport first before he do anything risky. Even if he is already aware of what 10.3.2 is capable of.

06-03-15 11:49 AM
    Good Thoughts Thank you - Although I'm not sure Id ever need to go backward in Terms of technology and need to Downgrade- Most of the leaks i've done were Better and better if even marginally so - Perhaps a radio was worse but i've always been happy with the snappy-ness responsiveness and updated look and features of going UP in OS -- But then again i've never had a passport --- Perhaps Ill keep it on 10.3.1 for a bit and see how I like it although my older devices will be 10.3.2.798 - and the passport might be jeoulous -
    06-03-15 11:54 AM
    Did u read what OP stated? He's getting RED Passport today and ask what he should do first. I didn't say any negative with 798, I'm trying to tell him to observe his Passport first before he do anything risky. Even if he is already aware of what 10.3.2 is capable of.

And I appreciate that! If all thats different is the Camera I might just wait a spell..
    06-03-15 11:55 AM
    1. Put it inside a glass case on a self rotating pedestal with a lime light shining on it and admire it for one week.
    2. Meanwhile, exercise your thumbs to increase strength.
    3. Denounce all your jeans and replace them with baggy pants.
    4. Go to banana Republic and buy bunch of shirts with wide front pockets.
    5. Get a Nutcase helmet.
    6. Get a Bromptob bycicle the black edition.
    7. Load cascaRun app, workwide, netflix, and photo studio.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-03-15 12:05 PM
    Wow that's really funny not to mention useful!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 12:12 PM
    Install Browsie Browser, it runs great on a passport! You'll barely look back to your stock browser

Posted via CB10
    I wish browsie browser to also have frequently visited short cut just like stock browser.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 12:20 PM
    That's funny, I ordered one free same day shipping (red passport) and I got a notice saying it would arrive Friday. Ordered it again for same-day delivery and now waiting to see the status update.

...My point is, box yours up and send it to me.
    06-03-15 02:51 PM
    Charge it fully.

Play with it till you pass out. (promise you won't go blind)

Tweak it later after you've tried it out as is, might not be as much tweaking required as you thought.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 05:07 PM
    Patched to work yes, e oaks perfectly, no. Cobalt's hack allows you access to the Google Play store (apps, music, books, videos). It comes with its fair share of bugs though (and none to Cobalt's fault - he's a genius, period).

Snap is a native app that allows for download of Android apps from the Google Play Store - but only the apps.

Which do I use? Snap, since I don't get anything g but apps there. Also because it's native. To a point because I won't get Google Play Services stopped working notifications.

And to the dude asking if I saw the OP: I believe I was the first to answer. What's the point of having him "observe" the Passport? He's not new to BlackBerry 10and the OS you and I are using is fine (and trust me, I don't go around telling people to update unless the software is ok).

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:53 PM
    Use it naked.

Posted Via Red Passport
    06-03-15 07:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please mention the fact that you're complimenting you're own product. You're developer of this browser

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:26 PM
    Please mention the fact that you're complimenting you're own product. You're developer of this browser

Posted via CB10
    lol, why? It's not exactly a statement of finding of a peer reviewed study. This entire forum is one big conflict of interest of pro-BlackBerry fans recommending BlackBerry with extreme bias.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    06-03-15 08:44 PM
    We dont even have option of RED PASSPORT here..

Posted via my awesome Passport
    06-03-15 08:44 PM
    I was looking forward to hearing some great things to do on the Passport... I just bought and received my Passoprt today.
    Coming from the Z30 world... And looking forward to my time with the Passport
    06-03-15 10:37 PM
28 12