Actually using PRIV as my daily driver, however I still miss my Passport and considering a switch back.
    However one thing I really love about the PRIV is it's amazing Camera.

Are there any photo enthusiasts out there using the Passport?

Looking forward for tips and tricks (or specific advise about certain version of Camera app to use).

regards, mcne2001
    06-14-16 05:35 AM
    Use Camera++. It has manual controls.
    Mark bb10 likes this.
    06-14-16 06:56 AM
    I'd rather haul my dslr, my limited experience is that with good light the passport's camera works fine; the moment there's little light it has a hard time focusing, or might simply never focus. Paper Camera for android works fine and I can see using it for special effects to illustrate points.

Connecting my Canon 70D via wifi and the eos remote android app to send photos to the passport is quick and painless, except for the "you should get the newer canon app" message, said app didn't work for me.
    06-15-16 01:39 PM
    Use Camera++. It has manual controls.
    But this App is not for Free, for sure there is also an App for free out there right?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-21-16 12:36 PM
    But this App is not for Free, for sure there is also an App for free out there right?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    How about supporting BB10 devs (what few there are left)? For the price of a coffee or two!
    06-21-16 01:04 PM
    Actually using PRIV as my daily driver, however I still miss my Passport and considering a switch back.
    However one thing I really love about the PRIV is it's amazing Camera.

Are there any photo enthusiasts out there using the Passport?

Looking forward for tips and tricks (or specific advise about certain version of Camera app to use).

regards, mcne2001
    The biggest piece of advice I can give you is be VERY still and patient when taking the photo. The Passport has a notoriously slow focus so the secret to good pics is stay absolutely still. We all know that this is a pain and not always convenient (little kids rarely stay still!) but that is the key. I find that even in darker situations I can still take a good photo if I take my time.
    06-21-16 01:08 PM