Hi guys.

I just want to know if there is anyway to get the GPS and maps to work for driving;
    Thanks for any advice.
    08-28-21 07:44 AM
    Hi guys.

I just want to know if there is anyway to get the GPS and maps to work for driving;
    Thanks for any advice.
    BlackBerry maps is shut down.

Download another app or use the gmaps website.
    08-28-21 08:52 AM
    When I use apps like waze or coyote they don't show the map, therefore no navigation. I have tried many apps with no success...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-21 08:56 AM
    When I use apps like waze or coyote they don't show the map, therefore no navigation. I have tried many apps with no success...

Posted via CB10
    Try this one.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/fLjQiTEHZwo7cA
    08-28-21 09:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Magic Earth, Maps.Me, Sygic (slightly older version) will all work fine and have offline functionality as well.
    Somebody also pointed me to older version of Google Maps and that worked for me, even with offline functionality. App may have been older but the maps are new.
    09-01-21 12:40 PM
    I bought Mireo Don't Panic for $20 several years ago and it came with all of North America. The maps are offline and this program is pretty much the reason I kept my passport alive. When I travel to the States it becomes my navigation system so I'm not having to deal with roaming data charges. It's Android based so you should be able to find a version to sideload. By far the best app I've purchased for the Passport.

I have the Ben Benson voice package and one time I was on the highway driving into Palm Springs and even though I was getting passed I didn't realize I was going around 140 kph and the voice of Ben Benson came on and said 'Hey! This isn't a game of Mario Kart, slow down.'.

I should add that the app was free - the North American maps were $20.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-21 11:26 AM
    I bought Mireo Don't Panic for $20 several years ago and it came with all of North America. The maps are offline and this program is pretty much the reason I kept my passport alive. When I travel to the States it becomes my navigation system so I'm not having to deal with roaming data charges. It's Android based so you should be able to find a version to sideload. By far the best app I've purchased for the Passport.

I have the Ben Benson voice package and one time I was on the highway driving into Palm Springs and even though I was getting passed I didn't realize I was going around 140 kph and the voice of Ben Benson came on and said 'Hey! This isn't a game of Mario Kart, slow down.'.

I should add that the app was free - the North American maps were $20.

Posted via CB10
    I'm too use to live traffic updates.... My tuck has navigation that is static, and that's why I don't use it. Can update the maps on a yearly basis, but construction and accidents can really impact travel times. Had a 1-1/2 Hr delay on i75 going into Atlanta a few months ago that I was able to avoid with a 20 minute detour. If I had used my truck's navigation I'd have run up on it and been stuck on the interstate. Might have found a route on my own at the next exit, if I'd have gotten to it... but then so would miles of others.

The Speed Trap notification are a bonus...
    09-23-21 11:37 AM
    Magic earth works perfect on my passport

Posted via CB10
    09-25-21 07:26 AM
    Link appworld please

Posted via CB10
    10-08-21 09:22 AM
    Link appworld please

Posted via CB10
    See post #4.
    10-08-21 09:26 AM
    See post #4.
    Ok.. τнäиκ чöü

Posted via CB10
    10-08-21 09:30 AM
    Thwe browser website of Google maps works fine, on my passportt

Posted via CB10
    10-09-21 04:09 PM
    What happened to the working Gmaps apk that was for os 10. Today it doesn't do navigation it asks foran update.???

Posted via CB10
    11-25-21 01:23 PM
    What happened to the working Gmaps apk that was for os 10. Today it doesn't do navigation it asks foran update.???

Posted via CB10
    It was depracated?

Use the mobile website.
    11-25-21 01:26 PM
    After I posted this it decided to work. But it took 20 minutes. The START button was hidden.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-21 01:27 PM