Every single time I get a phone call whilst listening to music on my phone when the call is over it ruins the balance of the music through the earphones making the left ear duller and the right more prominent. I have to restart my phone every time after a call interrupts me listening to music. What the heck is the issue? It's driving me berserk now!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 12:45 PM
    UPDATE -

So i returned my Passport to MPD and they sent me a new phone. The audio problem i was experiencing still persists on the replacement device. I called Blackberry support and they have investigated and have now sent it off to a higher department seeing as nobody has the foggiest idea as to what the heck is going on with music player messing up thanks to incoming and outgoing calls! Got to wait 48 hours for a response.
    11-30-14 01:32 PM
    What OS version?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:32 PM
    11-30-14 01:34 PM
    I wonder if the 10.3.1.1154 leak would fox this.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:58 PM
    It is a really weird issue! Even the BlackBerry advisor didn't know what to suggest. I'm just really frustrated as I can't keep exchanging handsets.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:26 PM
    I would imagine. If you're up for it give the leak a go. It's much better anyways.

Posted via CB10
    AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    11-30-14 02:32 PM
    Hopefully your bug will be addressed in the next release

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    11-30-14 02:33 PM
    Understand the frustration for sure. It sounds more like a sw issue and not hw that BBRY should eventually be able to resolve. Being in IT for more than 30 years as you describe more like sw than hw and returning for a new handset wouldn't solve this issue. I would give BBRY a chance to investigate to determine whether this is a sw or hw issue.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    11-30-14 02:33 PM
    Definitely going to give them chance to rectify it. I'm a big blackberry fan and I do love the Passport but music is important to me and the player is a must for me. Neutron doesn't work either so I agree it must be a sw issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:37 PM
    Definitely going to give them chance to rectify it. I'm a big blackberry fan and I do love the Passport but music is important to me and the player is a must for me. Neutron doesn't work either so I agree it must be a sw issue.

Posted via CB10
    So are you going to try the leak or wait it out?

I'm curious as to whether it is fixed in the latest leak.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:39 PM
    On the call the woman said she didn't recommend I do anything to the phone until technical support have investigated. So I shall wait for now. I think this is something that needs highlighted as I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue as it's freaking bizarre!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:42 PM
    I tested on my PP using the native music app. With and without equalizer. Sound as best as I could tell returned back to the same levels in both ears.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    11-30-14 03:09 PM
    I tested on my PP using the native music app. With and without equalizer. Sound as best as I could tell returned back to the same levels in both ears.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    OS Version?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:14 PM
    Listen to music on your PP and get someone to call you mid listening. Answer and then hang up and see if you notice it having messed with the music playing afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:40 PM
    Could your headphones be the problem? When I used my Z10 at launch I thought I had a problem. My son and I had the same headphones it had volume controls on them. Well it seems one day my headphones failed to work and thought my z10 was defective. I swapped the ones I was using with my son and they worked perfectly. I tried the ones I replaced and it happened again. I haven't had the problem again. But the ones that didn't work on my phone worked fine on my son's Window phone. I believe it's software and not the device. I have never had to return a BlackBerry phone. I always figured out the problem. I'm reading guys returning 5 to 7 Passports which is ridiculous. I'm reading all types of issues on here and the first thing I hear is return the phone. My Passport was heating up and not transferring all the data. I wiped it only restored my contacts and did everything else manually. Alls well and it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:06 PM
    I have 4 sets of ear/headphones. 2 are the BlackBerry earphones, 1 is a set of ipod earphones and I have 1 set of Skull Candy headphones all of which are brand new. It is really weird.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:54 AM
    I have 4 sets of ear/headphones. 2 are the BlackBerry earphones, 1 is a set of ipod earphones and I have 1 set of Skull Candy headphones all of which are brand new. It is really weird.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried it now using a bluetooth plantronics backbeat pro and it is working fine. Am using BlackBerry 10.3.0908.

Given the issue you described I think that's a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:57 AM
    Just tried it now using a bluetooth plantronics backbeat pro and it is working fine. Am using BlackBerry 10.3.0908.

Given the issue you described I think that's a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    And there we have it. Thanks for the testing!
    12-01-14 08:32 AM
    And there we have it. Thanks for the testing!
    Take note my headphones are bluetooth and not wired so I don't know if it's the same behavior for wired headphones. I'll try to dig out a wired headphone (my passport box is already in storage box along with the earpiece that came with it).

Will give feedback once I tested it on a wired earpiece

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:51 AM
    Take note my headphones are bluetooth and not wired so I don't know if it's the same behavior for wired headphones. I'll try to dig out a wired headphone (my passport box is already in storage box along with the earpiece that came with it).

Will give feedback once I tested it on a wired earpiece

Posted via CB10
    Yes please. The baseline test should be the same, but this will help narrow down the source of the issue.
    12-01-14 10:00 AM
    Thanks guys for the help.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 10:33 AM
    Got an email update asking me a series of questions and was then called and told to expect an update in 48 hours.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:44 PM
    OS Version?

Posted via CB10

I will try tonight with my bluetooth headphones and see if that makes a difference.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    12-01-14 03:53 PM
    They are doing some testing - "I will be doing some testing in house, on a BlackBerry Passport running the same software as yours. Once the testing is complete, I will follow up with my findings. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Hoping for an answer soon!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:11 PM