I asked this question on the iGrann thread but didn't get much response. Hoping someone experienced this and has an answer.

The latest iGrann Pro update resulted in getting the message "Your account has been disabled for violating our terms: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms" when I try to log onto my instagram account. I have a Blackberry Passport.

I don't have this issue with instagram android port on the Blackberry Passport or the free iGrann app. Can log in see my account with these two apps. I also have a Nexus 5, Q10 and Z30. No issue with Nexus 5 and instagram app. No issue with android port on Q10 or the free igran app. Same thing with Z30. Passport is the only one giving me the message. And only with iGrann Pro.

Getting banned by instagram for using igrann pro-capture.jpg
    Last edited by louisrielle; 12-15-14 at 10:02 AM.
    12-14-14 07:12 PM
    Does it give you the same error on the z30 when you use the pro version?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:16 PM
    10: You must not access Instagram's private API by means other than those permitted by Instagram. Use of Instagram's API is subject to a separate set of terms available here: API Terms of Use • Instagram ("API Terms").

2: YOU SHALL NOT
    1:Use the Instagram APIs for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of Instagram.com or the Instagram apps.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened enmasse already. You are risking your acct by using 3rd party apps like this.
    12-14-14 07:18 PM
    That stinks. What happens when you use the Android IG app?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1133 /Telus
    louisrielle likes this.
    12-14-14 07:30 PM
    Does it give you the same error on the z30 when you use the pro version?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't test on the Z30 whether the iGrann pro works or not. Since I bought the passport I switched to passport as my main device. I still have Z30, will check it soon. Travelling for job at the moment so don't have Z30 on me. Will do it in few days.
    12-14-14 07:55 PM
    That stinks. What happens when you use the Android IG app?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1133 /Telus
    No issue with Android Instagram port on the passport. Works fine. No issue on Nexus 5 that has the official instagram app. Just Igrann Pro on passport. Tried everything. Multiple reloads.
    12-14-14 07:57 PM
    Using iGrann Pro on a Z10 with no issues.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    12-14-14 09:27 PM
    It's not banning me from my account as I can log on to the account using the official app, browser, free igrann but not the pro.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 12:06 AM
    Just use the Android Port then. I don't understand the why ppl use igran. Other than getting pushed notifications, I use the IG port for everything else. You can't even apply the same filters using Igrann.

'30 on .1154
    12-15-14 06:01 AM
    OP, iGrann (free) still works doesn't it?

iGrann (non pro version) works fine for me and I haven't had any issues similar to yours... What does the Pro one offer that the free version is without?

Why don't you just use the free iGrann? (since you stated that this issue only occurs with the Pro version)

IMO Instagram is ******** for having a policy like this and NOT developing a native Blackberry app, especially since the takeover by Facebook (who are always updating their native BB10 app). I thought they wanted to have every single mobile user on their system and by having a policy like this and excluding certain platforms it is limiting their user base!
    12-15-14 08:12 AM

iGrann (non pro version) works fine for me and I haven't had any issues similar to yours... What does the Pro one offer that the free version is without?

Why don't you just use the free iGrann? (since you stated that this issue only occurs with the Pro version)

IMO Instagram is ******** for having a policy like this and NOT developing a native Blackberry app, especially since the takeover by Facebook (who are always updating their native BB10 app). I thought they wanted to have every single mobile user on their system and by having a policy like this and excluding certain platforms it is limiting their user base!
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry develops the and maintains the BB10 app.

Anyway, the title seems a bit misleading as it implies that you are losing access to your account (which you aren't). The error message you are getting does seem to imply that though, so it sounds like maybe there is a bug in the iGrann Pro log-in mechanism (or how it runs on the Passport),.. and it's interpreting whatever it is getting from the instagram servers as the message you are seeing. OR, perhaps you have a typo in your login info.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    12-15-14 08:22 AM
    iGrann Pro works on my Passport without receiving that message.
    polgara59 likes this.
    12-15-14 08:50 AM
    iGrann Pro works on my Passport without receiving that message.
    Same here.

9000 -> 9700 -> 9800 -> Playbook -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Q10 -> Passport
    12-15-14 09:39 AM
    I'm pretty sure BlackBerry develops the and maintains the BB10 app.

Anyway, the title seems a bit misleading as it implies that you are losing access to your account (which you aren't). The error message you are getting does seem to imply that though, so it sounds like maybe there is a bug in the iGrann Pro log-in mechanism (or how it runs on the Passport),.. and it's interpreting whatever it is getting from the instagram servers as the message you are seeing. OR, perhaps you have a typo in your login info.

Posted via CB10
    Will change the title.
    12-15-14 09:57 AM

Notification is the only advantage. The free version lacks that and I find it can be buggy. Open the app and I get notifications that I've already checked.
    12-15-14 09:59 AM
    Igrann pro works on my Passport without an error message

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As Fu***
    12-15-14 10:04 AM
    Using iGrann Pro on PP, no issues.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    12-15-14 10:08 AM
    I have both, iGrann free and IG Android. IG Android crashes everytie I want to upload a picture, so I use iGran free only to upload pictures, for everything else I use IG Android.
    12-15-14 10:35 AM
    I asked this question on the iGrann thread but didn't get much response. Hoping someone experienced this and has an answer.

The latest iGrann Pro update resulted in getting the message "Your account has been disabled for violating our terms: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms" when I try to log onto my instagram account. I have a Blackberry Passport.

I don't have this issue with instagram android port on the Blackberry Passport or the free iGrann app. Can log in see my account with these two apps. I also have a Nexus 5, Q10 and Z30. No issue with Nexus 5 and instagram app. No issue with android port on Q10 or the free igran app. Same thing with Z30. Passport is the only one giving me the message. And only with iGrann Pro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	3462 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	320791
    Just going to throw out the classic "have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it " question?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    12-15-14 10:44 AM
    Notification is the only advantage. The free version lacks that and I find it can be buggy. Open the app and I get notifications that I've already checked.
    this has been corrected in igrann (v1.2.5.222). download latest igrann from beta zone. which was updated 12/15 as well. (v1.2.5.255)
    12-15-14 10:55 AM
    There used to be issues with this happening when you simultaneously were signed into iGrann and the Android version, it may not be the issue here as you only seem locked out on iGrann.
    12-15-14 10:59 AM
    I just don't get why people would pay for a bootleg app when the real version is free
    walt63 and coldfir3 like this.
    12-15-14 11:07 AM
    I just don't get why people would pay for a bootleg app when the real version is free
    support the BB native devs.
    12-15-14 11:10 AM
    Because some people want to see more native apps and reward the devs that build them...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 12-15-14 at 01:08 PM.
    12-15-14 11:17 AM
    I didn't test on the Z30 whether the iGrann pro works or not. Since I bought the passport I switched to passport as my main device. I still have Z30, will check it soon. Travelling for job at the moment so don't have Z30 on me. Will do it in few days.
    I use igrann pro on my Z30 with no issues.
    12-15-14 12:18 PM
54 123