Talking compliments, the passport is still turning heads and people ask "what phone is that?"

It's worth it, I know the phone struggles a little on sideloaded apps but for me the hardware is without question a beautiful design in today's glass sandwiches.

I wish for a 2018/2019 updated passport phone, even if it has to have an Android OS, BBMobile / TCL would sell loads for sure

Posted via CB10
    06-29-18 05:31 AM
    Most people today are not interested in a pkb. Even more people today, don't even know one can still get a BlackBerry device, or that it runs android. I truly believe, if someone were to make a new passport running Android, it would not sell much better then the BlackBerry 10 passport. Just my 2 cents.
    06-29-18 06:02 AM
    BB should have just made the priv a horizontal slider imo or make the key2 a bit wider and a tad taller then current.
    I have no idea how a man's hands can comfortably type on current key2, way to narrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 09:33 PM
    i cannot type on the keyone or key2 device. it feels too compact for me. i was used to my passport
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    07-01-18 12:50 AM
    i cannot type on the keyone or key2 device. it feels too compact for me. i was used to my passport
    The keyboard was meant for baby hands. If you are a child, the KeyOne/2 is a wonderful device because the keys fit the size of your fingers. If you are an adult, especially a man who is tall and has large hands, you are looking at a fat finger nightmare.
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    07-01-18 03:44 AM
    Exactly what I said...

I'm actually stunned at BB phone designers with the narrowness of the key2 keyboard design.
    BB should have just made an android Passport one inch taller and be done with it.
    Perfect phone.
    I mean there are 6 in phones out there and nobody complaints so a slightly taller passport would have worked and I guess solved the b.s. problem of android not optimized for a square screen.

BB sh@t the bed on this whole subject.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gravesend60; 07-01-18 at 11:07 AM.
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    07-01-18 10:18 AM
    For a younger generation who have never used a PKB phone there's an element of novelty that's generating some curiosity now that BlackBerry is Android. Nostalgia is trendy also; who thought that record turntables would make a comeback?
    07-02-18 10:32 AM
    The keyboard was meant for baby hands. If you are a child, the KeyOne/2 is a wonderful device because the keys fit the size of your fingers. If you are an adult, especially a man who is tall and has large hands, you are looking at a fat finger nightmare.
    So every BlackBerry device for the last 10 years was built exclusively for children?

All the Bolds, Curves, Q10, Classic, KEYs, etc?

Ridiculous.
    Carjackd and ahhhlain like this.
    07-02-18 10:36 AM
    So every BlackBerry device for the last 10 years was built exclusively for children?

All the Bolds, Curves, Q10, Classic, KEYs, etc?

Ridiculous.
    Lol people have short term memories. The bold which many regard as one of the best ever had smaller keys then most of the new PKB BlackBerry devices. And the typing expierience and speed on the bold was still one of the best of all time.
    07-02-18 11:00 AM
    Exactly what I said...

I'm actually stunned at BB phone designers with the narrowness of the key2 keyboard design.
    BB should have just made an android Passport one inch taller and be done with it.
    Perfect phone.
    I mean there are 6 in phones out there and nobody complaints so a slightly taller passport would have worked and I guess solved the b.s. problem of android not optimized for a square screen.

BB sh@t the bed on this whole subject.

Posted via CB10
    The number of people who would want a 275g pkb phablet to cart around could be counted on one hand.
    07-02-18 11:03 AM
    The number of people who would want a 275g pkb phablet to cart around could be counted on one hand.
    If you say so boss but I sure do see a lot of large phones out there and nobody seems to be complaining, actually they seem to be getting bigger and a 1 in taller Passport is not that big IMO.
    You will never know how good the Passport would have sold if it was android so to assume people wouldn't want it is premature.
    Me personally I think the Key phones are not that good and people just talk them up here because they are Blackberries.
    Every comparison test I've seen with a Passport vs Key 2 on typing Passport wins all the time.

Again how a man's hands can type on a key phone amazes me.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 11:24 AM
    If you say so boss but I sure do see a lot of large phones out there and nobody seems to be complaining, actually they seem to be getting bigger and a 1 in taller Passport is not that big IMO.
    You will never know how good the Passport would have sold if it was android so to assume people wouldn't want it is premature.
    Me personally I think the Key phones are not that good and people just talk them up here because they are Blackberries.
    Every comparison test I've seen with a Passport vs Key 2 on typing Passport wins all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever used any BlackBerry phone besides the passport?
    07-02-18 11:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can type FAR better on a KEY/Bold/Q than on my Passport SE. The added thumb travel of the latter causes strain and slows me down.

Adding an extra 1.5" to the top would turn it into a top-heavy monstrosity.
    ahhhlain likes this.
    07-02-18 11:36 AM
    Have you ever used any BlackBerry phone besides the passport?
    Classic...Priv...Key one and for me I think the Key one was the worst of them all because it's to narrow to have a PkB...makes no sense. If it's as narrow as a candy bar style then ditch the PkB.
    What are you getting at?
    PKB?? I do prefer them over VKB but that's me.
    My post are obviously my preferences.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 11:38 AM
    I can type FAR better on a KEY/Bold/Q than on my Passport SE. The added thumb travel of the latter causes strain and slows me down.

So use light weight and stronger materials.
    Again just stating my preferences.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 11:39 AM
    So use light weight and stronger materials.
    Again just stating my preferences.

Posted via CB10
    Glass is glass, and a battery is a battery. Still can't see something like that weighing anything less than 250g even if using space-age materials. With the 3 row keyboard at the very base, you'd need a headstrap to hold the top end up.

I understand preference, but it has to be reconciled with the laws of physics.
    mikael11 likes this.
    07-02-18 11:44 AM
    Classic...Priv...Key one and for me I think the Key one was the worst of them all because it's to narrow to have a PkB...makes no sense. If it's as narrow as a candy bar style then ditch the PkB.
    What are you getting at?
    PKB?? I do prefer them over VKB but that's me.
    My post are obviously my preferences.

Posted via CB10
    By this logic, no phone currently on the market would work for you (PKB or VKB) since even the vkb are similar in size. Millions of people (yes including man hands) did just fine on key boards that were smaller and more cramped then the KEYone on older BlackBerry devices. These would be devices prior to what you have used. Actually more people used those older more cramped BlackBerry devices then will likely happen ever again. And I'm pretty sure many were men with "man hands".
    07-02-18 11:56 AM
    Again to each his own...
    I personally don't care either way again just stating my opinion.
    Oh and with a VKB I swipe type so candy bar style does bother me for that.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 12:05 PM

But that's just you!
    For example I can type almost 2.5 time faster on my passport than p9983 which is similar to bold and Q(i sure know that they are not exactly the same) but can be a good measure!

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    07-02-18 12:09 PM
    By this logic, no phone currently on the market would work for you (PKB or VKB) since even the vkb are similar in size. Millions of people (yes including man hands) did just fine on key boards that were smaller and more cramped then the KEYone on older BlackBerry devices. These would be devices prior to what you have used. Actually more people used those older more cramped BlackBerry devices then will likely happen ever again. And I'm pretty sure many were men with "man hands".
    Exactly what problem that I had!
    Used to type on my old n73 and my hands get sweaty and make phone near to slip out of my hand (and or measure hand widely open and from my thumb to little finger is about 25 cm) so really big hands!

07-02-18 12:16 PM
    But that's just you!
    For example I can type almost 2.5 time faster on my passport than p9983 which is similar to bold and Q(i sure know that they are not exactly the same) but can be a good measure!

My issue here is the thought to increase the height of the Passport by 1.5" and expect to be able to actually use it.
    07-02-18 12:26 PM
    My issue here is the thought to increase the height of the Passport by 1.5" and expect to be able to actually use it.
    Well at that height it would be like note 8 isn't that true? I'll try to 3D print a shell to see what's what!
    My comments where about passport width and typing abilities!

07-02-18 01:05 PM
    ...the passport is still turning heads and people ask "what phone is that?"

Posted via CB10
    My Passport also used to turn heads, but I thought the looks it got were closer to the looks the bearded lady got at the circus.

Oh well, I loved it and that is all that counts!
    07-02-18 01:15 PM
    Lol true.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-18 02:58 PM
    Well at that height it would be like note 8 isn't that true? I'll try to 3D print a shell to see what's what!
    My comments where about passport width and typing abilities!

Same height, but more than half an inch wider - with a 3 row keyboard tight against the bottom.

Very hard to balance when typing. Your hands would be resting much higher on a Note 8 vkb.
    07-02-18 03:41 PM
46 12