This!!! Behind Apple's blockbuster sales numbers are massive promotions by the carriers. That is not a sustainable strategy. I haven't seen anything new from Apple since Siri, and if that keeps up, it won't be long before the market starts looking for cooler pastures.

Posted via CB10
    It's ridiculous how Apple continues to tweak the same basic product & they get so much credit. IPhone, Ipod touch, ippad, iPad mini, iPhone 6 & 6 plus- all the same thing in different sizes...

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-07-14 12:25 AM
    Actually... no, I am going to be 32 soon and most people between 32-35 are the tail-end of the Gen-X. It's different in the U.S. compared to Canada and other places around the world. I actually saw these changes happening while I was in school. I still used type writers up until 1997 into High School; the following year, when my sisters' generation entered our high school, they got computers as they had been using them from 1995-1998 in middle school. And they were all Apple computers too. I had been using IBM computers in school. My sister and I are only a year apart yet changes were happening internally through the system. I cannot consider myself a Gen-Y or Millennial because the description or age understanding of what both those generations have lived through do not apply to those whom I grew up with and what we went through. It's really a small gap of a year that separates the two generations globally.
    nhanken likes this.
    10-07-14 02:21 AM
    60-70 are Baby boomers
    70-85 are Gen X
    85-99 are Gen Y
    2000-Now are probably milennials.
    At least that's what I think.
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-07-14 02:37 AM
    It's suppose to be 1961-1981 for Gen-X.. (the boomerang generation). There's a lot more than just "MTV" and other social movements that would have affected that time period, but the media (tv shows) also held this up. I was watching re-runs of Doctor Who, the old Batman (Adam West), shows like Family Ties, Silver Spoons, Golden Girls, Perfect Strangers (late 80's). All these shows had a sweep effect and so many other musical groups too, I grew up listening to New Kids On The Block, Color Me Badd.. Prince, Cover Girls, Expose'.. Lionel Richie and MJ, Madonna.

I remember going down to Queens Park in High School (school-walk out) to protest against Mike Harris, our government then was so messed up.. wait was it him? Teens.. don't walk-out anymore, I don't know if it's because of a zero tolerance attendance thing, but I know when we protested and walked out of classes to defend our rights, we got our voices heard. Gen-Y and Milli's.. don't do things at face value anymore, they do it socially. I suppose it's the same results, but it's how they get there and how long it takes them to get things done. I'm pretty sure the last "student walk-out" in Ontario was 1997.

What's funny is, my cousins who are in a few years heading into their 40's, are showing their children shows from the 70's and 80's. This tells me that Gen-X parents are teaching to their children the morals and values they grew up with, so we won't see particular changes in society that happened 30-60 years ago occur for another 15-20 years. This may actually have an effect on the Milli's and Alpha generations. I am starting to see so many teens with BlackBerry Z10's it's not even funny. It's.. "Cool" to them to be able to have a device that knows their thoughts but at the same time, they are kinda worried it thinks for them.

BlackBerry is moving in a good direction, most young folks in their early-mid 20's will just be getting into their careers and will not want to be associated with children/teens who also have iPhones. They'd want something that separates them from being childish and that's where BlackBerry's stylistic form of phones will appeal to them.
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-07-14 03:13 AM
    LoL I still remember taking keyboarding classes and we used typewriters & didn't get to use computers in any classes yet in 1995.

Actually... no, I am going to be 32 soon and most people between 32-35 are the tail-end of the Gen-X. It's different in the U.S. compared to Canada and other places around the world. I actually saw these changes happening while I was in school. I still used type writers up until 1997 into High School; the following year, when my sisters' generation entered our high school, they got computers as they had been using them from 1995-1998 in middle school. And they were all Apple computers too. I had been using IBM computers in school. My sister and I are only a year apart yet changes were happening internally through the system. I cannot consider myself a Gen-Y or Millennial because the description or age understanding of what both those generations have lived through do not apply to those whom I grew up with and what we went through. It's really a small gap of a year that separates the two generations globally.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:31 AM
    I am Generation ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPassport
    What's an assport?
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-07-14 04:58 AM
    You make us sound like Women or cats.

Posted via CB10
    Rotfl

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:48 PM
    LoL I still remember taking keyboarding classes and we used typewriters & didn't get to use computers in any classes yet in 1995.

Posted via CB10
    At least you were spared the transition then. Up to 9th grade we had to take computer classes on outdated pre-windows.... I don't even know what they were. So much energy wasted typing up simple programs line by line....cut to grade 10, computer lab suddenly filled with Windows machines none of us had a clue how to use.

Oh well, at least I learned how to type.

These stories of change kind of pale in comparison to the tales my grandparents told. Although the younger generation does seem horrified when I retell how I had to get up and twist the vice grips to change the tv channel.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:28 PM
33 12