I took my car in for service today and the young man maybe 20 years old who was booking my appointment saw my Blackberry Z30 and he said that he has never seen that BB. I told him in my opinion its the best Touch Screen Device on the market and also I can install Android Apps on it. I showed him some demo and showed him the hub.. The other guy maybe 25 years old came into the conversation. They were truly impressed with my BB Z30. Then the guy said did you see the Blackberry Passport, I said yes and I am in the process of getting one. He said wow that is one sexy phone and I am thinking of switching from MY Iphone to the Passport. I was shocked,, to hear that from a young kid(man). I said how do you know about it,, he said all the guys he hang out all are talking about it .. He said its a big phone, but its so classy looking and he can see how good it can be for Emails, Messages, Documents , Web browsing. I also added that the Phone has the best battery life and you can go all day without charging and maybe two days.. Plus you can run games on it

I guess I wanted to share my experience today, but it was nice to see this unique phone creating a nice buzz for the younger market. I still feel that BB needs a z50 phone with High Resolution screen and a killer camera to draw the rest of the younger crowd. They like specs and the phone must look cool.
    10-06-14 06:41 PM
    Cool story. Except he is a millennial. Generation X is now in their 40's now.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:44 PM
    The market is ripe for change...not surprised the younger gen may want a different phone than their parents.

Nothing really new since the candy bar phone was born.
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-06-14 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are so correct,, man I am generation X then,, I am in my mid 40's.. That's how much I know:
    10-06-14 06:48 PM
    Glad to hear your experience! Although BlackBerry doesn't appear to be selling the PASSPORT to "the younger crowd", I think attracting some of them would be HUGE going forward. Owning both a Z10 and a Z30 I'm tired of hearing "BlackBerry's crap" from iPhone users! 90% of these people have never seen a BlackBerry 10 device n just assume it's not good and it's time to change that perception.

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-06-14 06:50 PM
    The market is ripe for change...not surprised the younger gen may want a different phone than their parents.

Nothing really new since the candy bar phone was born.
    This!!! Behind Apple's blockbuster sales numbers are massive promotions by the carriers. That is not a sustainable strategy. I haven't seen anything new from Apple since Siri, and if that keeps up, it won't be long before the market starts looking for cooler pastures.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:52 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Cool story. There is great demand for this phone.... in other parts of the world also. It's easy to see why.....

From my awesomeness Passport
    Tokyo
    Via Shop BlackBerry
    Generation X thinks the Passport is a Cool Phone-facebook-20141005-095843.png

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-06-14 06:55 PM
    When I was a kid, I was told I'm generation X & I'm only 34 years young.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-06-14 07:29 PM
    Generation X, commonly abbreviated to Gen X, is the generation born after the Western Post?World War II baby boom. Demographers, historians, and commentators use beginning birth dates ranging from the early 1960s to the early 1980s.
    I'm definitely a Gen X'r, and yes I find the passport appealing in many ways

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:43 PM
    That makes two of us!
    10-06-14 07:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but I wouldn't let a little detail like that detract from a good story.
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-06-14 08:11 PM
    How about someone like me in my early 30's? . Am I still considered Generation X?

Attachment 303715

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    ArsenG likes this.
    10-06-14 08:26 PM
    How about someone like me in my early 30's? . Am I still considered Generation X?

Attachment 303715

Posted via CB10
    No, you (we) are on the border straddling generation Y and Millenials. Depends on how tight your pants are.

Posted via CB10
    nhanken likes this.
    10-06-14 08:40 PM
    No, you (we) are on the border straddling generation Y and Millenials. Depends on how tight your pants are.

Posted via CB10

...or how low you wear them.
    10-06-14 08:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    So confused right now. If we're born in the early 80's, wouldn't that mean that we are either the last of Gen X, or the beginning of Generation Y? Millenials were popping out as I was finishing high school.

To get back to the point, when I was waiting at the Telus store to buy my Passport, two teenaged lads were hovering around the display Passport going:
    "Aw, f****** sweet dude!"
    "Dude! That's f****** awesome!"

Besides the fact they were foul-mouthed little buggers, I'd say there's a good chance the different form factor is going to win over some of the young crowd. It's been a very long time since I last saw teens excited about a BlackBerry.

Cherry on top: The guy in front of me was buying a Passport, too! To put that in context, it's a small town. Having that many people in the store was odd to start with. Having them all chatting BlackBerry? Surreal.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    10-06-14 09:19 PM
    http://www.socialmarketing.org/newsl...eneration3.htm

Crap... looks like generation Y = Millenials. FML

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:30 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Cool IS this......

Generation X thinks the Passport is a Cool Phone-fullsizerender.jpg

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 and EsJayDee like this.
    10-06-14 09:35 PM
    I do not watch videos with my phone. If I do it is rarely - so it can be a good phone for an average user - all it needs is better apps
    10-06-14 10:17 PM
    I'm not sure what generation I am, but I'm 26 and I think my Passport is the coolest
    10-06-14 10:19 PM
    I remember when you had to be somebody to get a BlackBerry. An executive or high priced consultant. With BES and BIS it was tough to get approval for a BlackBerry or foot the bill yourself. I think that added to the allure and drove people to do whatever to get one. We always want what we can't have.
    I hope that the new marketing towards business and power users has a similar, unintended effect. You market around me and ignore me -- now I must have one!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:38 PM
    Haha nice try bro! I think mine is the coolest~! The Millennial line up is pretty long! I'm half way in between so please respect your elder ;D

I'm not sure what generation I am, but I'm 26 and I think my Passport is the coolest

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:39 PM
    I remember when you had to be somebody to get a BlackBerry. An executive or high priced consultant. With BES and BIS it was tough to get approval for a BlackBerry or foot the bill yourself. I think that added to the allure and drove people to do whatever to get one. We always want what we can't have.
    I hope that the new marketing towards business and power users has a similar, unintended effect. You market around me and ignore me -- now I must have one!

Posted via CB10
    You make us sound like Women or cats.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:39 PM
    Aren't we since we're all on some sort of crack? LOL

You make us sound like Women or cats.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:41 PM
    I am Generation ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPassport
    10-06-14 11:24 PM
    I am Generation ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPassport