If your a fan of the naked look and feel than the OEM hard case is your choice.

You get the protection of the corners and both faces while also getting a little more grippy but no real bulk from a case.

I went naked with my Z10, really dislike cases but I just get the feeling this device is not as likely to survive a fall as others without some protection.

The hard shell almost looks like the phone is naked...
    10-28-14 06:49 PM
    If your a fan of the naked look and feel than the OEM hard case is your choice.

You get the protection of the corners and both faces while also getting a little more grippy but no real bulk from a case.

I went naked with my Z10, really dislike cases but I just get the feeling this device is not as likely to survive a fall as others without some protection.

The hard shell almost looks like the phone is naked...
    I have the hardshell also along with my above post and agree that it almost seems like there isn't a case on at all. I had the hardshell from day 1 and while showing the phone to others they had no idea any type of case was on the device and just thought it came that way. I believe the S5 or S5 Active has corner bumpers and while not the same, I can definitely understand why those not familiar with the Passport assumed the hardshell was stock and part of the device. BlackBerry did an excellent job for those that like the naked look and feel with the hardshell. If nothing, at least get a hardshell. Very pleasant aesthetically with corner protection and minimalistic.

Posted via CB10
    stealthbob likes this.
    10-28-14 07:21 PM
    The problem with these clear TPU case is that it will turn brown (discolor) after a while. So best bet is to get black color for long term usage
    Tim Heard likes this.
    10-28-14 08:39 PM
    The problem with these clear TPU case is that it will turn brown (discolor) after a while. So best bet is to get black color for long term usage
    For $5 on Amazon, I don't think eventual discoloration would concern me. I have different setups and am using a transparent grey TPU from Lightning Knight with a matte screen protector. Did not know until I received it that a small portion on the S side would be completely transparent.

I would have preferred a lighter grey color as all smudges show in that area, but for the price may look at some of the other colors. I do think that the colors can cheapen the aesthetics of the Passport as it is premium which is why I went with subtle, but have not seen the blue or other colors actually on the device so I am just making an educated guess. The grey one does not cheapen the look and also protects and matches the stainless steel frame.

I would say to get a quality case for those looking for long term use. I tend to change things up. Want my oreo Z10 back from my sister at some point lol and may end up trying a white hardshell on the black unless I can buy an actual white Passport by that time!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:55 PM
    that's not this case, Amzer Black Pudding TPU Back Protective Case Cover for BlackBerry Passport, is it?
    10-29-14 02:00 AM
    Gel Cases for Passport-img_20141029_180246.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-img_20141029_180334.jpg

Another one gel case, cost 3,50$ + 2$ shipping
    10-29-14 12:15 PM
    I just received the Amzer black pudding case from Crackberry. A few thoughts: it fits nice and tights, and leaves an opening for the power button instead of covering it like the volume and mute buttons. It's all black so it covers all the silver around the phone, and the blackberry logo on the back. Does not leave any fingerprint smudges whatsoever and it definitely FEELS like it better protects the phone. It gives an added sense of protection for drops and raises the phone just enough so if you lay it on the front it's not on the screen and when laid on the back the camera isn't touching the table either. Overall I'm satisfied. Here are some pictures Gel Cases for Passport-img_20141110_113916.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-img_20141110_113746.jpgGel Cases for Passport-img_20141110_113838.jpgGel Cases for Passport-img_20141110_113845.jpgGel Cases for Passport-img_20141110_114137.jpg
    11-10-14 02:11 PM
    These all look pretty good. I ordered a clear one on eBay about a week and a half ago and should be receiving it this or next week.

I'm looking forward to it since I dropped my Passport once in my garage. Ugh. Got a minor scuff mark on the top left side of the frame. It's noticeable only if you look closely at it. Impressively, it's a pretty small mark considering it fell out of my SUV and onto the concrete floor.
    11-10-14 02:49 PM
    Check the marketplace on this site. there is one there.

I have seen a few online ads for gel cases for the Passport, including one here on CrackBerry for the Amzer Pudding case.

If you have purchased one, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some photos.

I'm thinking that the BlackBerry is pretty solid, and doesn't need a lot of extra protection, but I *do* think I'd like something on it that makes it less likely to slide off the desk, or makes it slightly "grippier" in my hands.
    11-10-14 02:57 PM
    I have the Amzer case as well. My favorite so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:38 PM
    Another thumbs up for the Amzer here.
    11-10-14 07:46 PM
    I agree. My experience has been that while the clear cases are nice, they discolor (yellow) quickly and just have to be thrown out.
    11-10-14 08:33 PM
    $8 from ebay.in
    11-10-14 10:38 PM
    Ebay $8 beauty!
    Attached Thumbnails Gel Cases for Passport-1415680769393.jpg   Gel Cases for Passport-1415680786922.jpg  
    11-10-14 10:39 PM
    I got the exact same stuff you got, the cover is amazing IMO. Waiting for the matte screen protector now.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:45 PM
    [QUOTE=EagleEyes11;11065259]I just received the Amzer black pudding case from Crackberry. A few thoughts: it fits nice and tights, and leaves an opening for the power button instead of covering it like the volume and mute buttons. It's all black so it covers all the silver around the phone, and the blackberry logo on the back. Does not leave any fingerprint smudges whatsoever and it definitely FEELS like it better protects the phone. It gives an added sense of protection for drops and raises the phone just enough so if you lay it on the front it's not on the screen and when laid on the back the camera isn't touching the table either. Overall I'm satisfied.

I concur. The case is unobtrusive and protects well!

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1016
    11-10-14 10:56 PM
    11-10-14 11:31 PM
    yes, it looks really nice for a non-oem case... sadly, there is no way to ship to usa from the vendor...

Ebay $8 beauty!
    11-10-14 11:32 PM
    I got a gel case whilst I waited for the official one. I am happy to say the official case is a lot better, it may cost twice the price but offers protection with very little bulk. I would recommend it above any gel, jelly or pudding based case.
    11-11-14 05:40 AM
    Which official one? The hard shell? If you mean that one I agree that it looks great, sleek and adds almost no bulk... however, it leaves several areas uncover and that worries me, you can be unlucky and drop your phone in the wrong angle and then, kiss good bye your screen...

I got a gel case whilst I waited for the official one. I am happy to say the official case is a lot better, it may cost twice the price but offers protection with very little bulk. I would recommend it above any gel, jelly or pudding based case.
    11-11-14 07:23 AM
    I agree. My experience has been that while the clear cases are nice, they discolor (yellow) quickly and just have to be thrown out.
    I've seen this happen often as well...but I ordered the clear case simply because I love the way the Passport looks and don't want to cover it up! If I have to buy another one later, I'll don't mind doing that considering I only paid $4 on eBay anyway.
    11-11-14 09:51 AM
    I prefer Hardshell but this is not available in India and they would cost significantly higher than in USA or Canada....it would be almost double the cost (even the phone costs nearly $820).
    11-11-14 11:27 PM
    Just got this one. Not entirely what I wanted. Not bad, but I was hoping for something that
    was a bit "stickier" for lack of a batter word. Something less likely to slide off a table if bumped,
    and less likely to easily slip out of my hands.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141029_180246.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	310425
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141029_180334.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	310426

Another one gel case, cost 3,50$ + 2$ shipping
    11-12-14 08:12 AM
    Ramchi. Can you share that link?

Ebay $8 beauty!
    11-12-14 03:31 PM
    Just got this one. Not entirely what I wanted. Not bad, but I was hoping for something that
    was a bit "stickier" for lack of a batter word. Something less likely to slide off a table if bumped,
    and less likely to easily slip out of my hands.

Well, It is cheap but not bad product. I've used it for 3 weeks. I think that case can protect Passport well. I prefer leather skin and leather pouch right now, becouse it looks better.
    11-12-14 04:54 PM
51 123