I have seen a few online ads for gel cases for the Passport, including one here on CrackBerry for the Amzer Pudding case.

If you have purchased one, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some photos.

I'm thinking that the BlackBerry is pretty solid, and doesn't need a lot of extra protection, but I *do* think I'd like something on it that makes it less likely to slide off the desk, or makes it slightly "grippier" in my hands.
    10-06-14 01:00 PM
    ordered a cheapo clear tpu case off ebay for the time being. gonna buy the brown leather flipcase whenever it becomes available.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:02 PM
    I got this on eBay.
    Gel Cases for Passport-img_20141006_140856.jpg

Posted with my Passport from CB10
    divakar likes this.
    10-06-14 01:10 PM
    there have been a few popping up on amazon "New BlackBerry Passport 2014 CLEAR 'S' Line Wave Gel / Silicone / Hybrid Case Cover Skin With BONUS BlackBerry Passport Screen Protector - Accessories Accessory By InventCase�"
    DimitarD likes this.
    10-06-14 02:31 PM
    I got the same as the orange one that Nels posted - mine is black. I actually like it a lot. Fits snugly but can be taken off easily. The best thing for me is that both sides have raised bumps - like a basketball - that allow you to grip it well without slipping out of the hand. I am still going to look at the leather flip case once it comes out, but for now this is a nice cheap solution that gives me some piece of mind.
    10-06-14 02:32 PM
    Got same thing from eBay except in clear which by the way showed up already.. Within 2 days.. Still waiting on passport...
    10-06-14 02:37 PM
    10-06-14 02:38 PM
    What brand is it?

I got the same as the orange one that Nels posted - mine is black. I actually like it a lot. Fits snugly but can be taken off easily. The best thing for me is that both sides have raised bumps - like a basketball - that allow you to grip it well without slipping out of the hand. I am still going to look at the leather flip case once it comes out, but for now this is a nice cheap solution that gives me some piece of mind.
    10-08-14 08:03 AM
    Thanks Nels. What brand is that?

I got this on eBay.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141006_140856.jpg 
Views:	3192 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	303609

Posted with my Passport from CB10
    10-08-14 08:04 AM
    May I ask if the tpu case for passport your ordered via ebay ships to manila?
    10-25-14 08:04 PM
    I noticed my local telus store now carries a gel case $19.99 , flip case $34.99 and the original black case $34.99 now

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-25-14 08:39 PM
    three weeks ago, I bought a $8 case off of amazon. It shipped from Cina and arrived yesterday. Now Amazon shows them with 2 day Prime shipping.
    LK Blackberry Passport Case - S Shape Slim TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Case Cover for Blackberry Passport Q30 + Stylus Pen (Black)

I had also bought the BB hard case. I found the phone difficult to hold on to when typing.
    I took 100 grit sand paper to the TPU case. I now have no problems holding onto the phone.

I also bought a $30 docking station with bluetooth speakers.
    iLuv MobiAir Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Dock for Smartphones with Micro-USB Charging

I've been playing Pandora thru it. The sound isn't too bad, and it holds the PGel Cases for Passport-iluv-dock.jpgassport just fine
    10-25-14 09:21 PM
    I just received the Amzer Pudding gel case today and it fits the phone well. It has a matte back so stays put. No extra weight and smooth edges. Splendid. I bought this off Ebay for $7.95 with free shipping and am pleased.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.0.908
    10-25-14 10:24 PM
    three weeks ago, I bought a $8 case off of amazon. It shipped from Cina and arrived yesterday. Now Amazon shows them with 2 day Prime shipping.
    LK Blackberry Passport Case - S Shape Slim TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Case Cover for Blackberry Passport Q30 + Stylus Pen (Black)

I had also bought the BB hard case. I found the phone difficult to hold on to when typing.
    I took 100 grit sand paper to the TPU case. I now have no problems holding onto the phone.

I also bought a $30 docking station with bluetooth speakers.
    iLuv MobiAir Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Dock for Smartphones with Micro-USB Charging

I've been playing Pandora thru it. The sound isn't too bad, and it holds the PClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Iluv dock.jpg 
Views:	2661 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	309432assport just fine
    P
    lease edit the post, your mutilating the Passport's name to something not G-rated...

:-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    10-26-14 06:32 PM
    Could you post a shot of it?

I just received the Amzer Pudding gel case today and it fits the phone well. It has a matte back so stays put. No extra weight and smooth edges. Splendid. I bought this off Ebay for $7.95 with free shipping and am pleased.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.0.908
    10-26-14 10:19 PM
    Gel Cases for Passport-img_20141027_183014_hdr.jpg I got the amzer from amazon

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    divakar and cgallaer like this.
    10-27-14 06:31 PM
    I went for a Clear Gel Case as I wanted the frame and logo to be visible.
    Also figured the clear one would not look as bulky due to the transparency.
    Ebay$3.77 which included shipping.

Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211544.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211557.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211231.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211302.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211317.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211457.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211140.jpg
    Gel Cases for Passport-20141027_211116.jpg
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    10-27-14 08:38 PM
    Is there a link to that gel case?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:47 PM
    Is there a link to that gel case?

Posted via CB10
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/261608830836?nav=SEARCH

The soft clear Matte version...
    swishhh and bizzarothor like this.
    10-28-14 05:55 AM
    Z

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 06:44 AM
    I'm sure folks have noticed by now that during heavy use the right side of the ss bezel gets warm, a natural heat dissipater if you ask me. That is why I believe the OEM hard shell from BB is the best as it does not cover this area.

It also retains the awesome feel of the ss but covers the corners and allows it to be placed face down with the screen touching the surface.

All opinions yes but that one is mine...
    10-28-14 06:52 AM
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/261608830836?nav=SEARCH

The soft clear Matte version...
    Thank you! Just ordered one!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:02 AM
    Thanks for sharing the photos! I really like the clear one, but the point about being able to dissipate heat is definitely a consideration.

My main reason for wanting a gel case is to make the phone easier to grip, and less likely to slide around. ... How has what you've purchased helped in that respect?
    10-28-14 08:02 AM
    Thanks for sharing the photos! I really like the clear one, but the point about being able to dissipate heat is definitely a consideration.

My main reason for wanting a gel case is to make the phone easier to grip, and less likely to slide around. ... How has what you've purchased helped in that respect?
    Well... the the clear edges are more tacky, but the matte back still feels slippery. Overall I feel better handling the device, not as delicate with it when it was naked. Have noticed the heat issue, but it hasn't happened to me that much to be concerned (noticed it when I downloaded a bunch of apps when I first got the device)

The main reasons as to why I got the Gel Case:

1. Protection.... because I have dropped cell phones in the past
    2. Price ... can't beat it, even to just "try" it out
    3. Plan to get a Tempered Glass Screen protector so it should all fit nice together.
    4. Eventually get a docking station that will accommodate the Passport WITH a case
    5. Fit nicely with my ProClip
    6. Looks
    10-28-14 09:02 AM
    I have multiple cases, TPU from Amazon for under $10, it is listed under TPU S line case for the Passport. I like that it is minimal and rather than getting clear, I purchased the transparent grey one and the BB logo shows nicely and the S side section is completely transparent (clear). It comes with one of them pens that I will never use, but I also like that the frame and sides are completely covered including the volume keys.

There are plenty of colors and pictures on Amazon sold by Lightning Knight. It is inexpensive and fits perfectly just as any TPU case should be. Anything more than $10 is a rip off for this type of case. I also have both clear screen protectors and matte screen protectors. I like the transparent grey with the matte screen protector. Just a bit of stealth. The same case in clear would look great with a clear screen protector, although the clear easily shows fingerprint marks on both the case and screen protectors.

I have a bunch of screen protectors; 1 left from BlackBerry and Mr. Shields in both matte/anti-glare and clear. These screen protectors are not as thin as the one from BlackBerry and very easy to put on the device compared to the BlackBerry ones as well. There is also a YouTube video link if purchased that shows how to get it on perfect. I usually at least go through 2, but they are very easy to apply bubble-free. Had a piece of lint and was able to lift remove and the screen protector went back in place nicely. The Mr. Shields comes with extra sticky tape and lint remover for this and is shown on the YouTube video on applying. Very easy.

Would recommend the transparent grey case with the matte/anti-glare screen protector. Nice combo IMO.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-28-14 06:28 PM
51 123