I've had a Garmin vivoactive HR watch since May this year paired to my Passport with no issues. My watch updated to firmware 2.80 yesterday and ever since I've had issues with the Bluetooth maintaining a stable connection. I've tried updating the Garmin Connect app on the phone (patched with Cobalt's GMaps patcher), tried deleting and re-pairing, but it still looses connection and won't sync properly. The Passport end says it's connected (even after turning bluetooth off). Anyone else have a Garmin watch paired to BB10 with issues?
    08-10-16 12:39 PM
    I have no solution for you unfortunately, but did you happen to back up before you updated the app? If, so roll back to the version until this is figured out. If there are no new features maybe just stick with that older version, then try the next update. I always ensure I have a recent copy of my apps in back up before I update any android app for this very reason.
    08-10-16 04:09 PM
    I think I have fixed it. My mistake was not deleting the old version of the app before installing the (patched) update. Seems to be working now.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 05:32 PM
    It seems I'm not out of the woods yet. Still acting buggy. Might try rolling back both app and firmware versions.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 12:57 PM
    It seems I'm not out of the woods yet. Still acting buggy. Might try rolling back both app and firmware versions.

Posted via CB10
    Just curious to know which OS you have on your Passport. I seem to recall there being a small update to bluetooth on a recent BB10 OS update. Just a thought, but never mind if you have the latest.
    08-11-16 01:49 PM
    Just curious to know which OS you have on your Passport. I seem to recall there being a small update to bluetooth on a recent BB10 OS update. Just a thought, but never mind if you have the latest.
    I think it's the latest?
    Garmin Vivoactive HR acting up with Passport after firmware upgrade.-img_20160811_215256.png

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 08:53 PM
    I think it's the latest?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160811_215256.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	406168

Posted via CB10
    Well there are 4 newer versions than yours but I don't think any of them have any bluetooth improvements. As a last resort you could download and install a newer OS (I would suggest 10.3.2.2813 to avoid android runtime problems) and you can get them at the fantastic Thurask's repository at: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    08-11-16 10:23 PM
    Well there are 4 newer versions than yours but I don't think any of them have any bluetooth improvements. As a last resort you could download and install a newer OS (I would suggest 10.3.2.2813 to avoid android runtime problems) and you can get them at the fantastic Thurask's repository at: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    There's 4 newer OS versions? Are they official or no? I'm on the Bell network in Canada if that makes a difference.
    08-18-16 03:43 PM
    There's 4 newer OS versions? Are they official or no? I'm on the Bell network in Canada if that makes a difference.
    Yes they are all BlackBerry releases.
    08-18-16 04:00 PM
    Hello all,

I have been trying to get through these posts and some others to get info. Basically all I need to know is if the Garmin Vivoactive will work on Blackberry Passport. I really want to be able to do almost all that the device offers especially the notifications.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks
    09-08-16 03:07 PM
    Everything works except receiving text messages. I have the vivosmart and SE.
    09-08-16 05:52 PM
    I can agree with Roadie. I receive notifications for phone calls, Facebook Lite, Instagram. I do not get text message notifications. It seems to me most Android apps with notifications will work. I have vivoactive HR and Passport regular edition. You will need to install Cobalt's Google services suite of apps and patch the Garmin Connect app.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 11:51 AM