I have searched, but just want to 100% confirm that it's possible before spending 250.

Can you receive notifications to a Garmin Fenix 3 smart watch? Either by sideloading or having cobalts Google play installed (which I haven't at moment).

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 03:36 PM
    I have asked the same question about the Suunto Ambit 3. I was able to load the Suunto app using Colbalt's software but have not connected a watch to my Passport. I have also loaded the Garmin Virb software on my phone, it does not work well, there are bugs that exceed my skill to fix. Why don't you load the software and test the pairing in the store before you buy?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:59 PM
    You can read this post from Garmin Forum. Syncing and pairing with Garmin Connect Mobile app works but not sure about the notifications.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...ght=blackberry

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 09:48 PM
    Hey

Cheers for the responses. I think it may be a case of try before I buy etc. Just need to find a store that stocks one.

Unless any actually does have one or a Garmin product and is getting notifications

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 03:12 AM
    I have a Fenix 3 paired with my passport.

I bought it as ski tracks works poorly on my BlackBerry.

What works -

Bluetooth - you need to pair the device with your BlackBerry BEFORE you open the android app. The android app with then find and sync with the watch.

Activity Tracking - tracks all my Snowboard runs and my running. Tracks all steps taken. When I open the android app it syncs and I can see all my runs.

Notifications from the notification pane in the hub. By this I mean all the notifications you get that go into the notification tab on the hub will come through. This is usually - missed calls / Skype / linkedin.

Barometer / Altimeter / Compass

What doesn't work -

Garmin Connect Apps - YOU CANNOT add apps to your Fenix from within the android app. You must use windows/mac.

Notifications - texts / emails do not come through. PERIOD. I've tried everything with zero luck.

Weather - the watch cannot connect to your data to pull the info.

If you want a watch to track notifications such as email and text. This isn't the watch for you! If you want a sick watch on your wrist that can do everything but remind you to pick your phone up and reply to that all important text from your booty call, then this is the watch for you.

As an FYI I have a moto 360 also. Do not get it. Doesn't work at all.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    01-01-16 12:07 PM
    Danny

Cheers, I have a couple of mates who have them and they look awesome on the wrist. Going skiing in March and really fancy keeping a track or record of where we go and what we do.

Would of loved the notifications to work as well, tempted to maybe try a priv? Or go back to the dreaded iphone!!

Have been toying with some of the Sunnto watches as well, but not seen them in the flesh yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 12:34 PM
    Sunnto are great for marathons and triathlons. Don't really see any use other than that. Besides that, they are uuuuugly.

I had a priv but returned it, but it paired with the Fenix beautifully. I have an iphone 5 for work and that works great with it also.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 05:54 PM
    If you like Fenix 3 and want it to fully functional with a BB machine, then the BB Priv is the only route for you.

I have an Epix and pair it with my old Samsung phone as my 2nd phone.

Regards.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 11:25 PM
    Sunnto are great for marathons and triathlons. Don't really see any use other than that. Besides that, they are uuuuugly.

I had a priv but returned it, but it paired with the Fenix beautifully. I have an iphone 5 for work and that works great with it also.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. One person's ugly is another person's robust. I still use my Ambit 1 for back country skiing it's taken several beatings and still functioning perfectly. It has amazing trackback and navigation functions.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 04:29 PM
    Fenix 3 just got an update from Garmin at CES, so I really want one now!

I wish PASSPORT supported wearables! I think the lack of support will maybe be one of the final nails in Blackberry's 10's coffin

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 02:07 PM
    If Notifications from the notification pane in the hub are displayed on the Fenix 3 is there anyway to load a BB10 that forces the text of emails etc to the notification pane.
    07-27-16 11:58 PM
    I have a Fenix 3 paired with my passport.
    Posted via CB10
    Dear @MrDannyJames,

please let me understand this:

I have a passport silver edition, and I'm seriously thinking of buying a new fenix 3 (sapphire, HR)

The question is: Can I see the notifications on the watch screen? I do NOT have a Facebook or Instagram account, I do NOT want to read the whole mail or text message, but I rather WANT TO KNOW that:

a) I have a missed call from this number or contact
    b) I have a text message from this contact or cell phone number
    c) I have a new mail from any of my e-mail accounts

It is possible ?

Thank you very much in advance.
    08-13-16 11:59 AM