Hi, I'm strongly tempted by the Galaxy Fold as a Passport alternative. Yes, it's a ****droid, and potential issues aside,(Jerryrigeverything video), the aspect ratio and pocket-friendly nature is tempting!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-19 01:38 AM
    You should get one then and report back.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    WES51 and anon(1852343) like this.
    11-15-19 04:31 AM
    Hi, I'm strongly tempted by the Galaxy Fold as a Passport alternative. Yes, it's a ****droid, and potential issues aside,(Jerryrigeverything video), the aspect ratio and pocket-friendly nature is tempting!

Posted via CB10
    The screen ratio is 4.2:3.
    11-15-19 05:44 AM
    I'm very close to signing up for one through my carrier, a silver one.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-19 06:08 AM
    I'm very close to signing up for one through my carrier, a silver one.

Posted via CB10
    If I were you, I would wait until a generation 2 Fold is released.
    11-15-19 06:35 AM
    No, no, no. He should get one now. I want to know how long until it snaps in two. You never know, it might last a whole week.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-15-19 06:38 AM
    Shh! If enough don’t buy the first generation, there won’t be a second generation.... that’s BBMo 101 ... duh
    11-15-19 09:19 AM
    Plus it's a first..im not a consistent early adopter, but there is a buzz for buying the first of a new generation: and this may change phones forever, just like Blackberry has done! And remember, the Passport was a first too, and yet I love it, and no, I cannot give up on it! So 2 phones always!!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-19 05:07 PM
    Well, I know one thing... you won't be able to treat it the way you do a Passport. Be prepared to baby it.
    11-15-19 09:42 PM
    Well, I know one thing... you won't be able to treat it the way you do a Passport. Be prepared to baby it.
    Agreed! I am curious about it too, but durability is a big, big if!
    11-15-19 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you should wait for the Moto Razr flip phone! Coming this Jan 2020!

Posted via CB1
    11-15-19 11:07 PM
    I have seen the early promo of the Motorola flip, and while it did give me pause, it doesn't convince me. I still use a Blackberry for emails and messaging and I swap back and forth for calling. Ugh, Blackberry contacts app..but Android is more of an entertainment hub. So having a small form factor that can transform to a media consumption device seems ideal. So the calling and messaging experience will have to be further judged. But the outer screen size is no issue after my Q10,(which I love too).
    It's an expensive experimental device, but so interesting, and it's going to be backed up by my carrier guarantee that I can trade it for a newer version or different phone after a year or when I am ready; for a small fee.
    Interestingly, here in Australia, they are $2999.00 retail, and in New Zealand where I am from, they are $3840.00!!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-19 11:20 PM
    Update: I have had the Galaxy Fold for nearly a week now. I lost my fear of damaging it within a day.

It's a brick. Really, much heavier than imagined: likely due to all the extra hinge. It's redeeming feature is that it fits very satisfyingly in the hand when folded.

I use the outside screen lots, it's a good size, and don't have to open the fold for calls or general emails, notifications. People have thought it's an old phone: 'is that a Nokia?', I have heard repeatedly.. because it's big and thick, with small screen.

So, is it suitable as a large screen experience as good as the Passport?

In some ways better because the screen is large and capable, with options for a split keyboard for typing. But- no, it's still not light enough for true ease of use. I'm kinda enjoying it, but I still carry a Blackberry..

The Galaxy Fold is a fun device, but for media consumption mainly. What can I say about PKB that we don't already know??
    Maybe the mini portable PC...

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    11-25-19 12:20 AM