In my country its extremely easy to switch between cellular carriers, we have about 8 carriers and all you need to do is sign up and pay for a sim card on their websites, it will arrive to your mailbox roughly 2-3 days later. We have no contract breaking fines (by law) and no long term cellular contracts (also by law).

Anyway, I used a network called Golan which supports 4G and gives you an unlimited plan (data, voice + SMS) for $24 a month.
    I was extremely happy with the reception and battery of my Blackberry Passport. I was finishing a day of work with about 65% battery left.
    The network connections menu on my passport indicated 'LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM'.

3 days ago I moved to another network (012 Mobile) which also supports 4G with unlimited plan but for a lower price ($12 a month). A day of work finished with 15% battery left (the same all 3 days). This time the network connection menu showed '2G/3G/4G'.

Both networks gave me full reception, but I couldn't help noticing my BB Passport battery was draining almost 2 times faster while using the second network (which indicated 2G/3G/4G) than the first network (which indicated LET/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM'), so I simply moved back to the old one, and now everything is fine. Battery works as usual.

FYI.
    01-14-15 12:17 PM
    I went through similar with Wind and my S4....would only last 4 hours due to constantly trying to find a signal and 18 hours on koodo. What country are you from to have such cheap cellphone plans.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:13 PM
    Israel
    01-16-15 03:41 AM
    Actually for me 012 was much better. bbm over cellular worked, and I was able to send sms and 012 apn populated automatically.

I am on Golan now. BBM works only over WiFi, and I cannot send sms. Needed to enter Golan apn via escreen. Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2267

Now that cellular is cheap here, all we need is that the rest of the prices go down. Can we start with gas?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:07 AM