I plan to use my PP through 2016, but presuming now new BB10 phones I think MS operating system will be the best for productivity.

Sounds like it has something like Blend but maybe better in some ways. Of course, you avoid the data mining of Google and the simplicity and conformity of iOS.

MS is fighting its own app wars and low sales, but MS does not quit so easily or lose confidence in its work like some companies we know.

There is a big LumiaXL 950(?) or something like that which might be good now for some people leaving BlackBerry sooner.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 05:21 PM
    Where'd you get the idea that MS doesn't data-mine. Have you never used Win10? Or do you think that MS goes to people who want to buy ads on Bing and tell them they don't know anything about its users.
    04-08-16 05:28 PM
    I got the 950xl. Amazing screen + just works with ms services. If you don't care about app support, you should buy one.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 05:57 PM
    Heard that Microsoft might exit the hardware market too...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-08-16 06:03 PM
    Why would anyone leave BlackBerry 10, an os which is a lot more advanced the windows phone, for the latter? You get even less apps, you get hardware that isn't as good or unique, what do you get?
    It's android or ios, forget a third.
    04-08-16 06:19 PM
    Heard that Microsoft might exit the hardware market too...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Journalists like to spread rumours. Microsoft will not be focusing on mobile until Q3 / Q4, but they have made no indication that they will exit the hardware business. Their major losses are behind them with Nokia.

MS invested quite a lot to get the W10 mobile platform to where it is now, it would make no sense at all to quit just as they're done with building it (That's BlackBerry's special move).

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and dolco like this.
    04-08-16 06:26 PM
    Good luck to you, I wouldn't touch anything by MS if I could help it; even though I got a passport the next best thing for me would be a boring, reliable Nexus; I would even rather get an iPhone first, and that's saying something. If MS for some reason buys BB it will just do a Nokia, that would really spell the end. MS does try but they have been failing for a very, very long time beyond the Windaz and Office cash cows.
    04-08-16 06:30 PM
    I'm going to keep using my Passport SE, and keep an eye on Ubuntu phone. It looks like it is coming along nicely.

Posted via CB10
    frank63 likes this.
    04-08-16 07:32 PM
    MS invested quite a lot to get the W10 mobile platform to where it is now, it would make no sense at all to quit just as they're done with building it (That's BlackBerry's special move).

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Exactly my thoughts. Panic and ditch the ship on the first sign that they need to reevaluate their marketing strategy. (I'm referring to the decision to sell the company. That did a lot of damage that they never fixed.)
    04-08-16 11:23 PM
    Ubuntu phone would be cool, but MS has become sort of an underdog lately. I dislike Google more than MS. As far as data mining on Windows 10, I think you can avoid it. Not sure how they use your data in their mobile OS but will have to look into.

Data mining in our calendars and emails is really sort of scary. I have one gmail address and wish I did not use it at all.
    dolco likes this.
    04-08-16 11:25 PM
    To clarify my original post, there are reports that Microsoft is going to release Surface branded smartphones in 2017. I'm an avid user of their Surface tablets and think they are great productivity devices. If they make phones of the same high quality, they will be outstanding.
    04-08-16 11:26 PM
    To clarify my original post, there are reports that Microsoft is going to release Surface branded smartphones in 2017. I'm an avid user of their Surface tablets and think they are great productivity devices. If they make phones of the same high quality, they will be outstanding.
    If they employ the same design language, then I'll be first in line. The Surface is beautifully designed.

The 950 regular is possibly the ugliest, most tacky cell phone I've ever seen. Did they fire the Nokia guys? The Nokia Lumias were perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 12:03 AM
    One can not avoid data mining in windows 10. Period. Point. You either destroy functionality and make the device useless ,or you make it unreliable. There is no reliable method short of not using Internet to stop win 10 to phone home and send data from your PC. As for the phone is even harder to control what data gets out. Microsoft realized that it should have started data mining a long ago and is taking steps to remedy the situation. Hence the frenzy to force Win 10 to users. That are lying about data mining on PC. What makes you think that they will tell the truth about Win 10 phone?
    The devices might be cool but if you can kiss your privacy good bye if you start using Win10.
    04-09-16 01:12 AM
    I thought as long as you don't log in from your MS account (on the PC) and maybe change some privacy settings then you are OK.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 02:35 AM
    No markmall, that is not true. Win 10 has a 'telemetry' system that sends info to microsoft. Said info might contain anything on your PC, the info is quite vague. Even on win 7 or 8 there are some updates that enable said 'telemetry'.
    More to the point: I have a win 8 phone. When it performs an update it will make a backup of the phone in the cloud without asking. There is no way to update without that backup. It means that microsoft knows everything you have on the phone and has a copy of it.
    04-09-16 03:21 AM
    Another possible successor of my Passport in 2017...

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    04-09-16 09:03 AM
    So Im confused a bit here, If they potentially stop doing updates or producing hardware in 2017, do you all think that your phone will just turn off and stop working one day??
    04-09-16 09:11 AM
    One can not avoid data mining in windows 10. Period. Point. You either destroy functionality and make the device useless ,or you make it unreliable. There is no reliable method short of not using Internet to stop win 10 to phone home and send data from your PC. As for the phone is even harder to control what data gets out. Microsoft realized that it should have started data mining a long ago and is taking steps to remedy the situation. Hence the frenzy to force Win 10 to users. That are lying about data mining on PC. What makes you think that they will tell the truth about Win 10 phone?
    The devices might be cool but if you can kiss your privacy good bye if you start using Win10.
    You can avoid data mining if you blend your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 10:59 AM
    One can not avoid data mining in windows 10. Period. Point. You either destroy functionality and make the device useless ,or you make it unreliable. There is no reliable method short of not using Internet to stop win 10 to phone home and send data from your PC.
    Spybot Anti-Beacon turns off Windows 10 telemetry on the PC.
    melander likes this.
    04-09-16 11:31 AM
    Why would anyone leave BlackBerry 10, an os which is a lot more advanced the windows phone, for the latter? You get even less apps, you get hardware that isn't as good or unique, what do you get?
    It's android or ios, forget a third.
    I bought a Lumia 640 when it was $30 and it's ok. But for productivity, it doesn't hold a candle to the Passport. I would rather got with a priv.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 10:18 PM
    I plan to use my PP through 2016, but presuming now new BB10 phones I think MS operating system will be the best for productivity.

Sounds like it has something like Blend but maybe better in some ways. Of course, you avoid the data mining of Google and the simplicity and conformity of iOS.

MS is fighting its own app wars and low sales, but MS does not quit so easily or lose confidence in its work like some companies we know.

There is a big LumiaXL 950(?) or something like that which might be good now for some people leaving BlackBerry sooner.

Posted via CB10
    Hi I just bought a Lumia 950 and it's actually larger than the Z30. However I'm still using my BlackBerry Passport while also using the Lumia. I was surprised to find that the Lumia 950 with Windows 10 was slow compared to my Passport.... also the paid apps are really expensive in Windows store. I am persevering with Windows 10 because of BlackBerry's situation but in all honesty, I sincerely hope that one day BlackBerry will resurrect. In the meantime both phones use a micro Sim so I can switch back and forth.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 11:01 PM
    Windows 10 is THE big bad wolf of data mining. Twice worse than Google. Read their EULA prior to signing the use of windows 10. You'll see.
    04-09-16 11:34 PM
    You can avoid data mining if you blend your phone.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Truly dory?
    That's great if it's true. Seriously big.
    04-09-16 11:36 PM
    So Im confused a bit here, If they potentially stop doing updates or producing hardware in 2017, do you all think that your phone will just turn off and stop working one day??
    BlackBerry has absolutely stopped producing any BBOS or legacy device right? For 5 years. And they are all still working. Including the PlayBook. You can still buy and download apps from the store, albeit sucky, at that. BB10 does not use BIS so the chance to keep on living and working gets even bigger. You can still use your device till it breaks. Just having no update nor supports, is all.
    04-09-16 11:42 PM
    Honestly it could be a better alternative, however at the same time I say take these news updates with a grain of salt. It's always different once the device is in hand rather than on paper.
    04-10-16 12:00 AM
35 12