Visited a local store in Oshawa Ontario and asked a cell rep if he had any passport accessories. He repeated Passport? I said yeah Blackberry. He then said we don't carry the passport. I then pointed to a black box in the locked glass case that said passport on it. He looked at me and said oh! Yeah! You will find everything over to the left. So I confirmed which stand and he said yeah that's it. it clearly said android and Samsung accessories. I approached him again and said " you really have no clue do you" and left the store

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    Gelzz, dejanh, surgeon1919 and 1 others like this.
    10-27-14 11:27 PM
    Waiting for the "it's BlackBerry's responsibility to make sure store reps know which products are stocked where, and where accessories are kept " responses...
    Spawn12 and spyeagle like this.
    10-27-14 11:37 PM
    But Blackberry have no control over sales rep ignorance.

Waiting for the "it's BlackBerry's responsibility to make sure store reps know which products are stocked where, and where accessories are kept " responses...
    Gelzz likes this.
    10-28-14 02:50 AM
    There are certainly differences by store. I was recently in Canada, and the first Future Shop I visited wouldn't consider selling the phone outright. The second Future Shop, only a few klicks away, didn't hesitate to sell.

As a possible investor (I so want to pull the trigger again, but lost in the past), during my short stay in Canada, I did some digging at various stores, such as Rogers, Telus and Best Buy. The responses went from the very well versed and enthusiastic responses, to Meh, Blackberry?

Anyhow, I bought two Passports that have now been repatriated back to their country of origin....Mexico. We build 'em here...just can't buy 'em here...
    10-28-14 04:49 AM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault that future shop commission based reps are pushing higher volume devices.

It just further emphasizes why BlackBerry should be more aggressively pursuing a direct to customer model from its website. Offer steep discounts like the way Google did with the Nexus 4 and 5. There's a void of modestly priced flagships now with the nexus 6 being ridiculously expensive. BlackBerry should take advantage of this and undercut the competition. Even taking a small loss just to get their products out to market.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-28-14 05:09 AM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault that future shop commission based reps are pushing higher volume devices.
    The rep was not asked for help with product selection, he was asked for the location of specific products in his store.
    10-28-14 08:54 AM
    I went into a Telus store here in Montreal to buy my hardshell case. The girl was very nice and kinda excited I asked about the Passport, and although they didn't have any Passport cases on display she went in the back and brought out 2 cases I could choose from. Her and her co worker then asked me a bunch of questions about how I liked the phone, etc.

When I went into my own carriers store (Rogers) and asked if they had any accessories for Passport, the dude kinda gave a laugh and said 'no. We don't have any Blackberry stuff here'.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:16 AM
    I went into a Telus store here in Montreal to buy my hardshell case. The girl was very nice and kinda excited I asked about the Passport, and although they didn't have any Passport cases on display she went in the back and brought out 2 cases I could choose from. Her and her co worker then asked me a bunch of questions about how I liked the phone, etc.

When I went into my own carriers store (Rogers) and asked if they had any accessories for Passport, the dude kinda gave a laugh and said 'no. We don't have any Blackberry stuff here'.

Posted via CB10
    Overall, I've found Telus customer service to be better, and they overall seem to be more aware of the Passport, even if they don't like it much personally.

Via passport
    Gelzz likes this.
    10-28-14 09:41 AM
    But Blackberry have no control over sales rep ignorance.
    Sure they do. They could reach out to sales reps and engage them fully.

The only way to battle ignorance is through education.
    10-28-14 10:37 AM
    Visited a local store in Oshawa Ontario and asked a cell rep if he had any passport accessories. He repeated Passport? I said yeah Blackberry. He then said we don't carry the passport. I then pointed to a black box in the locked glass case that said passport on it. He looked at me and said oh! Yeah! You will find everything over to the left. So I confirmed which stand and he said yeah that's it. it clearly said android and Samsung accessories. I approached him again and said " you really have no clue do you" and left the store

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    This was actually a pretty funny story.
    10-28-14 12:00 PM