Nice, I guess the version on Google Play must be different from the one offered on their website (as far as BB10 compatibility goes anyway). Video calls have worked for users on BB10 in the past and I don't think anyone has ever complained about them suddenly not working so I think it should be ok.

That being said the Android app on BB10 is technically unsupported by WhatsApp, the developer has mentioned a few times that functionality could break at any time because they aren't testing on BB10. My view is, if you have a BB10 device, just enjoy WhatsApp Android for as long as you can.
    Agreed, thanks to rodger we have it all except Gif's and not to be mean but I see why Nemory doesn't come here much nor respond as that's taken responsibility as thousands of his followers on his Face10 announcements page had no idea about Rodgers fix let alone it's free! I told them all about him and crack berry so probably some new sign ups soon! Thanks again Rodger.

Yes, it must be different as think it has a different version number also from the Google playstore version to the one offered on WhatsApp site however Whatsapp site is new as doesn't say update in google playstore.

Also, they don't even know bout Cobalts "fixes" now they do. If they believe me and go to the link. So, so many people was absurd man he's cashing in, just saying...

Much respect to Cobalt and Rodger..

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-23-17 07:45 PM
    WhatsFixer is now available for free in BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

The app is as simple as you can get and only need two steps :
    1) Click a button to open Device Monitor to stop WhatsApp from running temporarily.
    2) Click another button to run the fix script.

There are still issues with GIF and large video files, the limitation is clearly stated in the app too, I haven't got time to work on it yet, it's on my to-do list, please don't leave a bad review for this reason.

WhatsFixer is available worldwide for all BlackBerry 10 devices running OS 10.3.1 and up.

Posted via CB10
    q5fan likes this.
    10-26-17 04:03 AM
    WhatsFixer is now available for free in BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

The app is as simple as you can get and only need two steps :
    1) Click a button to open Device Monitor to stop WhatsApp from running temporarily.
    2) Click another button to run the fix script.

There are still issues with GIF and large video files, the limitation is clearly stated in the app too, I haven't got time to work on it yet, it's on my to-do list, please don't leave a bad review for this reason.

WhatsFixer is available worldwide for all BlackBerry 10 devices running OS 10.3.1 and up.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your HARD work Rodger. Is this the same version as recently side loaded or a newer? Thanks, DPR

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-26-17 at 11:52 AM.
    10-26-17 09:19 AM
    It's the same code behind, only new UI, so you don't have to run the fix again.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-17 02:54 PM
    It's the same code behind, only new UI, so you don't have to run the fix again.

Posted via CB10
    Both run in the Background?
    Oh, but that stylish icon! HeHe

Thanks buddy! Would it be possible in future even if a pro feature to add in automatic clearing of the folders when they get packed as its a pain to do it Manuel and they get fairly full, fairly fast. Most as far as I know have no interest in saving all that. Would be a spectacular feature

That would be great for a "PRO" feature however it would suck for me unless when I update this new surprise OS it fixes my CC in BBW issue which some say it will. YAY!

Regardless, awesome work. This is a very popular app! I say do the pro suggestion I mentioned. U deserve something. I am going over to "somebody's facebook page" to let them know Whatapp indeed works with a link to your fix and CB for Cobalts awesomeness as its insane how many hundreds I seen (prob thousands) have zero idea of the existence of your stuff and cobalts, etc..

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-26-17 at 03:29 PM.
    10-26-17 03:15 PM
    Cleaing cache automatically is on my to-do list, it will be included in the free version, I don't want to make a pro version of this app, it will always remain free no matter what feature I add.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 07:06 AM
    Cleaing cache automatically is on my to-do list, it will be included in the free version, I don't want to make a pro version of this app, it will always remain free no matter what feature I add.

Posted via CB10
    Your awesome dude! I appreciate that and much Respect. I would do the same! Cobalts name is household for anybody with a BlackBerry from what he did/does for us and much respect to both of you guys. He's known around fairly well so, it is worth it in ways if ever decide to become a big android developer. Your a GOD! Thanks Rodger, can't wait for that feature. Love that new icon too! -DREAD

BTW! Didn't notice if a donation link exist in the app as went thru it fast as using old one ATM but installed it to leave a five star review and will check. If not when add that feature I suggest adding the donation link or even an option like the Android God "chainfire" does. Youb click free load and it gives you full featured as if paid as I think it enticed folks to donate more'so if they have a heart and/or integrity and also have the means. Just a suggestion man. I appreciate everything you do for BB10 when tjhe next release comes out wait until you see the flood of folks I bring in as I have a certain "spot" to reach thousands whom are crazy about WhatsApp (for BB10) yet have zero idea that you've done this. It does store a ton of stuff fast in the folders though. For now I appreciate the fix though as its superb and just Manuel delete everything. Was wondering if could just delete the entire folders real fix each time and re run the fix versus select all then tapping hundreds of files, then delete when it starts to full a crazy amount of space. Maybe that would be the better option for now until it's implemented as that seems fairly easy now I am racking my brain!

Either way, again thanks so much CellNinja!...

-Dread Pirate Regan

10-28-17 08:03 AM
    I don't accept payment for this app in any way, donation or opt-in payment for two reasons :
    1) I'm using someone else's solution, it's not my original idea. The app is just an automated way to do this :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1108531
    2) I'm not a WhatsApp user, I don't plan to spend a lot of time improving this app. I'll always fix bugs and I'm open to new feature request, but I will not use this app myself, making it hard for me to even know what feature would be useful or not.

I will try to add the clear cache feature as soon as possible, it will be automatically done without having to open the app, the code isn't very hard to implement, it's finding some free time to do it that is hard to get.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-17 08:27 AM
    I don't accept payment for this app in any way, donation or opt-in payment for two reasons :
    1) I'm using someone else's solution, it's not my original idea. The app is just an automated way to do this :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1108531
    2) I'm not a WhatsApp user, I don't plan to spend a lot of time improving this app. I'll always fix bugs and I'm open to new feature request, but I will not use this app myself, making it hard for me to even know what feature would be useful or not.

I will try to add the clear cache feature as soon as possible, it will be automatically done without having to open the app, the code isn't very hard to implement, it's finding some free time to do it that is hard to get.

Posted via CB10
    Spectacular and I know your not a user, since your not I will tell you as since most like myself probably would like it cleared every three weeks to a month or two (depending size of SD card) I also know some folks, especially that use it in business may need or want them files all stored. Since you don't want to get to involved in the app and don't blame you it may be best to just keep it in the app as a second option under whatsapp fix button to say clear versus making it auto as although the majority may think like me, I am certain not all do and would be upset that they lost the files although again I'm sure most would liken cleared once a month or so and not worth putting a check box option for clear once every three weeks or so as well as the Manuel open your app button to clear with push of button on demand as well as that button would work for everybody's needs imo.

Again, thanks for this. 'Dread

10-28-17 10:42 AM
34 12