This works on the passport but you must change the screen to rectangular versus zoomed in or keeping it normal. It's pretty decent to. No patching required just install. Might take two launches and swap to rectangular sctreen mode then will work fine from then on out..

Get it here:
    Here SnapChat lovers.
    Facebook released their own version of Snapchat.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....msqrd.android

Name sucks but it works.. change screen to rectangular.

Since Snapchat are such babies and have actual teams dedicated to making it not work with forked os's, etc. I am cheering for Facebook version..

..until facebook makes this not work once major traction is gained of course.. lol. They ALL use us like two dollar w.@/&s.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-16-17 03:30 PM
    It's cool and all but it falls into the same trap all other alternatives and copycats do...... it's not SnapChat.
    10-16-17 04:01 PM
    It's cool and all but it falls into the same trap all other alternatives and copycats do...... it's not SnapChat.
    True. I don't see a feature to talk to others as in to be like a full social media platform but as for the main features like SnapChat, seems to be darn good and rightfully so beings it's from the Big Guys at FB. I remember they (FB) offered to buy SnapChat for three billion or so.. wowsers.

I am going to keep it as kind of cool to use and share the pictures.

If at all, they will probably fully rely on it being built into FB. Not so sure that's what everybody wants..

What are otjher alternatives minus the client to SC. Blah..

10-16-17 05:04 PM
    It hasn't been updated in over a year and it just seems to be an app that adds filters. Instagram Stories are probably a better alternative, they have more users than Snapchat now too IIRC.
    10-16-17 05:26 PM
    It hasn't been updated in over a year and it just seems to be an app that adds filters. Instagram Stories are probably a better alternative, they have more users than Snapchat now too IIRC.
    Yeah I am definitely not the SnapChat king but I didn't realize it hasn't been updated. Wonder if they have a way to change the filter in the app without updates.

If not, must be a trial RUN for facebook.

10-16-17 05:29 PM
    Yeah I am definitely not the SnapChat king but I didn't realize it hasn't been updated. Wonder if they have a way to change the filter in the app without updates.

If not, must be a trial RUN for facebook.

I assume they've just integrated it into their other apps (Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook).
    10-16-17 05:32 PM
    I assume they've just integrated it into their other apps (Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook).
    I am going to have to grab Whatsapp and give it a whirl again. Does It have Video yet?..

10-16-17 05:42 PM
    I am going to have to grab Whatsapp and give it a whirl again. Does It have Video yet?..

The Android version does,

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    10-16-17 06:41 PM
    The Android version does,

Nice, thanks. I remember the native which was very nice imo was right prior to getting video now.. always the way. This will do though and doesn't even need a patch just install and enjoy? Sounds great! Nice imo (the imo app) replacement!

10-16-17 08:06 PM
    Nice, thanks. I remember the native which was very nice imo was right prior to getting video now.. always the way. This will do though and doesn't even need a patch just install and enjoy? Sounds great! Nice imo (the imo app) replacement!

No need to patch, after you install it you'll need to complete this fix for media sharing but Cellninja made an app to automate the process in case you don't want to mess around with command line. You have to sideload the app for now but he's going to release it on BB World soon.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/
    10-16-17 08:29 PM
    No need to patch, after you install it you'll need to complete this fix for media sharing but Cellninja made an app to automate the process in case you don't want to mess around with command line. You have to sideload the app for now but he's going to release it on BB World soon.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olved-1108531/
    Thank you and CellNinja is the man and fully trusted by me! I would definitely use an app for this by him if saves me some time.

10-16-17 09:44 PM
    Thank you and CellNinja is the man and fully trusted by me! I would definitely use an app for this by him if saves me some time.

Do we have to apply the fix on each whatsapp update or is that just yet to be seen, etc? Consensus thus far?

10-16-17 09:45 PM
    Do we have to apply the fix on each whatsapp update or is that just yet to be seen, etc? Consensus thus far?

You just apply the fix once, it's essentially made at a system level so it persists after updates, reinstalls, etc unless you delete the fix itself.
    10-16-17 10:09 PM
    You just apply the fix once, it's essentially made at a system level so it persists after updates, reinstalls, etc unless you delete the fix itself.
    Rodger is a genius!

10-17-17 03:32 PM
    WhatsApp seems so smooth and no media so did the .bar shut it down, dev mode, etc etc.. I know how to do this now works flawless with media BUT, I can't make a video call to anyone it says connecting after ring and I see myself only then app crashes? That's not a functional whatsapp? Or is this only my end for some reason? @cellNinja 's patch applied twice, restarted twice after said done which is right after hit button and I shut down whatsapp prior to patch. Simple, awesome but without video call I will have to do away as that was my poiint to toss out imo. Grrrr...

Is this only on my end? Running latest WhatsApp and deleted my patched imo app already. My what's app is right from cobalts store as of yesterday and not tampered or patched, etc... it's pure. With patch.. any help or knowledge of the video calls? I'm assuming evenb regular calls will crash app to or not work?..

Maybe I just found the reason for Nemorys WhatsUp10? As it didn't make sense to me at first...

Please fill me in guys so I can decide if I will join the whatsapp crowd or go to signal by whisper recommended by Edward snowden himself. However, my kids are on whatsapp I seen so that's a huge bonus but not without video call as already have voxer for that... always voxer!!
    10-22-17 03:05 PM
    WhatsApp seems so smooth and no media so did the .bar shut it down, dev mode, etc etc.. I know how to do this now works flawless with media BUT, I can't make a video call to anyone it says connecting after ring and I see myself only then app crashes? That's not a functional whatsapp? Or is this only my end for some reason? @cellNinja 's patch applied twice, restarted twice after said done which is right after hit button and I shut down whatsapp prior to patch. Simple, awesome but without video call I will have to do away as that was my poiint to toss out imo. Grrrr...

Is this only on my end? Running latest WhatsApp and deleted my patched imo app already. My what's app is right from cobalts store as of yesterday and not tampered or patched, etc... it's pure. With patch.. any help or knowledge of the video calls? I'm assuming evenb regular calls will crash app to or not work?..

Maybe I just found the reason for Nemorys WhatsUp10? As it didn't make sense to me at first...

Please fill me in guys so I can decide if I will join the whatsapp crowd or go to signal by whisper recommended by Edward snowden himself. However, my kids are on whatsapp I seen so that's a huge bonus but not without video call as already have voxer for that... always voxer!!
    @RodgerLeblanc

Either way, thank you Rodger! Your an awesome guy bro! It definitely fixed media I assumed everything works thereafter including the main feature as in video call. Tried twice and each time says connecting then crash. I can do a short screen recorder.

Let me Down easy guys, from my perspective video doesn't work on whatsapp hence the reason for WhatUp10 via Nemory? I tried with three friends they can see me but I just get a connecting and it never connects. Off to signal by whisperer.

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-22-17 at 04:12 PM.
    10-22-17 03:07 PM

Weird, unless a recent update has changed something it should still work on BB10. There are posts from other users in that thread as well confirming that voice and video calls worked for them.

Have you tried restarting your device since you installed the app? I downloaded mine from WhatsApp directly, I'm not sure if the Google Play apk is any different from that one.

10-22-17 05:32 PM
    I will take a look at video chat in WhatsApp, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do something about it. The fix you've installed is just a workaround to change the default location for WhatsApp media files, when media files are saved to the default Android folder (WhatsApp saves a copy of your media and that's the one they are sending to their server), it has an issue with owner permission which the WhatsApp server detects and then reject. I suspect that video call is different as it will not save any file on device, it is live streaming.
    10-22-17 05:44 PM
    I will take a look at video chat in WhatsApp, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do something about it. The fix you've installed is just a workaround to change the default location for WhatsApp media files, when media files are saved to the default Android folder (WhatsApp saves a copy of your media and that's the one they are sending to their server), it has an issue with owner permission which the WhatsApp server detects and then reject. I suspect that video call is different as it will not save any file on device, it is live streaming.
    Cool, yes I seen what you did or thought so. Awesome! I use Voxer for most things I just need a video caller mostly. Imo is back and fourth with breaking BB10 so I give up on them. PS: hate Skype! Wish you could get Signal to work (the most secure android sms, etc says Edward snowden) as it does run like a dream but when one goes to video call it rings but they just get the missed call in chat and if she calls me, same. Some type of fork missing or permission. Unsure..

Either way, thanks Ninja!

10-22-17 07:15 PM
    Okay, now I am able to answer a video call and works if they call me, I can't call them just saying connecting and see myself. If they call me it seems to work as I can slide It up. Only answer besides something is up on me making the call (just says connecting and see myself in square then app crashes) is that the woman I am testing with is not the most computer literate as in even with sliding it up so I double and triple asked her, she says she is sliding it up. LOL.. hmm.. will figure out. If not, doesn't force update surely we can use a prior version. Does WhatsApp update allot? Wow, geez I just want a damn app for video chat (damn u cross platform bbm and google duo for not working) with my voxer. Not skype though. Grrr...

10-22-17 07:58 PM
    Okay, the version works via WhatsApp webpage but not the Playstore as of yesterday and they had different version numbers yet it doesn't say update in playstore. Maybe it's ahead?.. if so, still sucks as what's it gonna break every few updates then return? That's why I left imo. Grrrrr.. lol

10-23-17 12:12 PM
    Hey rodger with your fix, the version from whatsapp website itself seems to work for vid calls both ways as in me start the call, etc. Only thing I found not working is GiF's as in to send GiF's maybe it needs a folder too as in a small update to the original fix Bar file? Give me some error message failed and try restart phone which did, still no go. Anyone else?

10-23-17 02:43 PM
    Yes, GIF and large videos were the one I needed to fix, I'll try to get back to that WhatsApp app this week.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 05:39 PM
    Okay, the version works via WhatsApp webpage but not the Playstore as of yesterday and they had different version numbers yet it doesn't say update in playstore. Maybe it's ahead?.. if so, still sucks as what's it gonna break every few updates then return? That's why I left imo. Grrrrr.. lol

Nice, I guess the version on Google Play must be different from the one offered on their website (as far as BB10 compatibility goes anyway). Video calls have worked for users on BB10 in the past and I don't think anyone has ever complained about them suddenly not working so I think it should be ok.

That being said the Android app on BB10 is technically unsupported by WhatsApp, the developer has mentioned a few times that functionality could break at any time because they aren't testing on BB10. My view is, if you have a BB10 device, just enjoy WhatsApp Android for as long as you can.
    10-23-17 05:55 PM
    Yes, GIF and large videos were the one I needed to fix, I'll try to get back to that WhatsApp app this week.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Rodger thanks..

I know this isn't ya job but a suggestion if not to hard when tackle the Gif issue..

Maybe add value to keeping the app on board with a one click delete all cache as in empty all the folders of whatsapp as it stores allot, blehh.. just a suggestion I did it Manuel once and still works fine.

10-23-17 07:40 PM
34 12