The Blackberry Passport's touch sensitive keypad is a brilliant idea and I hope Blackberry does more with it.

Blackberry should provide touchpad equivalency. On the BB Classic (which I got to set up this week) the touchpad really is as functional as on the Bold 9900. You can do everything without ever touching the screen if you want.

It seems to me that BB could give this feature to Passport. One thought, is to turn the space bar into a full touch pad when not in an input field. when in an input field double tapping could, instead of bringing up cursor circle, bring up a pointer (this could be an option so that those of us who like the way it in now could use it that way)

I still think the little touchpad on the old blackberrys and on the new bb classic is the best UI device for a phone. Its faster and more precise than using a touch screen.
    christausky likes this.
    01-23-15 06:47 AM
    I agree

Passport 10.3.1.2072
    01-23-15 07:37 AM
    Pointers died in 90s UX/UI design.

From design stand point of view, it would disastrous to have that with a full touchscreen. Classics main purpose has only been to get old school audience off a outdated OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:51 AM
    No sure what you are trying to say, The BB Classic and the BB Passport are pretty much the same - Both have a key board, both have touchscreens both have touch pad device.

My Computer still has a pointer, if I connect a mouse to my passport it has a pointer. Pointers are still a vital part of the UI from a design point of view as well as from a functionality point of view. If you connect a mouse to an ipad it has a pointer. Trying to relegate pointers to some obsolete past is ridiculous.
    intprd04 likes this.
    01-23-15 03:22 PM
    Pointers died in 90s UX/UI design.

From design stand point of view, it would disastrous to have that with a full touchscreen. Classics main purpose has only been to get old school audience off a outdated OS.

Posted via CB10
    You can plug in a mouse and BlackBerry os 10 supports pointers.

Very handy for selecting links from web pages.

Ps. BlackBerry os 10 comes with a file manager a lot of supposed experts tell us

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:28 PM
    I prefer it the way it is now. Maybe a bit more functionality can be added, but it should mostly stay the same.

I don't want a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:29 PM
    You can plug in a mouse and BlackBerry os 10 supports pointers.

Very handy for selecting links from web pages.

Ps. BlackBerry os 10 comes with a file manager a lot of supposed experts tell us

Posted via CB10
    I must have missed something. How do you plug a mouse into a Blackberry OS 10 phone? Bluetooth? USB?
    01-23-15 03:49 PM
    I think a double tap of the keyboard should make it switch to trackpad mode.

It would be great if we had both.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 03:53 PM
    I must have missed something. How do you plug a mouse into a Blackberry OS 10 phone? Bluetooth? USB?
    Bluetooth.

I use a microsoft keyboard and mouse, connect to TV over miracast and sit on the couch doing web research and notes.

Pretty great.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:00 PM
    On Z30 and passport you can use a usb mouse but you need a 'usb otg adaptor' on all os10 some bt mice should work.

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    01-23-15 04:00 PM
    I really want to be able to swipe between pages of apps and open the hum by swiping across the keyboard. Makes no sense to me that this doesn't work in the core OS.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    01-24-15 11:59 AM