Is anyone experiencing an issue of a clouded up front facing camera on their Passport? Mine seems to be really cloudy from the inside or there's a build up of really fine dust or something in the camera that makes it look really foggy or cloudy.

If you are experiencing the same thing or have experienced the issue, what did you do to resolve it? It's basically making my front facing camera almost useless to use.
    05-13-15 10:47 PM
    Did you remove the protective screen? Just a thought

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-13-15 11:04 PM
    Could there be condensation inside the lens?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 11:22 PM
    Or maybe, it is really foggy climate when you tried the front camera...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 11:25 PM
    I've had the Passport for a while now. Almost since it was released.

Yes, the plastic front cover was taken off. No, it's not some foggy place when I try the front camera and no there isn't condensation in the lens.

It's like there's a build up of lint or fine dust on the inside that causes the camera to look really awful. It's particularly noticeable when I'm indoor at night with the lights on. Using the camera makes it look like I'm in really thick fog or something like that.

I had the phone in a StilGut "Book Type" case and in my front pocket when walking around.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    05-13-15 11:42 PM
    Since we already eliminated obvious possible factors and none of them (according to you) may contribute to your front camera problem, the only three remaining factors are 'camera settings', 'the camera itself' has some dirts or unclean glass and/or 'defective lens'.

For the camera settings, just try to play with settings and take picture for every changes in setting. Try to use single object for easy comparison.

For dirts inside your unit, you have to bring your mobile to BlackBerry authorised service centre and let them open the unit and clean it. This will also determine if it is only dirts that causing your problem or you have defective front camera lens.

Good luck...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 04:18 AM
    Since we already eliminated obvious possible factors and none of them (according to you) may contribute to your front camera problem, the only three remaining factors are 'camera settings', 'the camera itself' has some dirts or unclean glass and/or 'defective lens'.

For the camera settings, just try to play with settings and take picture for every changes in setting. Try to use single object for easy comparison.

For dirts inside your unit, you have to bring your mobile to BlackBerry authorised service centre and let them open the unit and clean it. This will also determine if it is only dirts that causing your problem or you have defective front camera lens.

Good luck...

Posted via CB10

Went to a shop to see what they could do. They replaced my damaged screen in the past, and they told me it would cost about $65 to check because the camera unit wasn't easy to work on. Anyways, they tried using compressed air and that seems to have cleared up a lot of the dust or whatever was on the lens.
    05-18-15 01:05 PM
    I have the same exact problem. It's the dang gap that's between the front panel and frame. Do you have the at&t passport by chance?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 04:57 PM
    There shouldn't be dust there. If it's there it's because of a poorly done installation of the glass.
    05-18-15 10:50 PM
    I have the same problem on at AT&T Passport from carrying it in my front pocket for a month until Seido launched the holsters.

Passport (Round), 10.3.1.2744 on AT&T
    05-30-15 08:20 PM
    Hi! I realize this is an old thread, but if you're still out there, person who fixed their Passport's front camera with compressed air, I'd love to know how the shop did it. Did they take the unit apart or just pull the back cover off, squirt compressed air and hope for the best?

Went to a shop to see what they could do. They replaced my damaged screen in the past, and they told me it would cost about $65 to check because the camera unit wasn't easy to work on. Anyways, they tried using compressed air and that seems to have cleared up a lot of the dust or whatever was on the lens.
    05-27-17 10:58 AM