...and if they don't end up understanding then that's ok also cause it doesn't mean squat.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    09-03-16 04:50 PM
    You have passport phone because you like it. You don't have this phone because you want to be like by them.

whatever works for you that important thing!

All my colleagues have iPhones so I know what I'm talking about

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    dmlis likes this.
    09-04-16 03:39 AM
    ..that's cause she was a spy, specifically looking for people in bars with Blackberries. 😃

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    I had a feeling...............she was................LOL............................ .......Woof!
    09-04-16 07:40 AM
    Your friends, if they come to be shocked by the Passport, are still right and still your friends. I have one of the first Passports because it was a Must Have. It is weird, rare, awkward, unstable, not handy but it's mine. The Germans are practical people and they call a mobile a handy. The Passport is not handy. It is not a mobile. It is a just a strange funny way to bring a great brand to crash.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 12:40 PM

It amazes me why BB10 has not been embraced by more folks.
    No apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 08:29 PM
    I have my Passport over a week now. I'm really loving it but the keyboard is taking some getting used to. So this weekend I met up with old friends for a stag (bachelor party). While having a meal I pulled my Passport out to take some photos and the reaction was crazy. "What is that thing" and "I thought BlackBerry were dead" amongst others. My friends are cool and I was surprised at how much they reacted. Two jokers ripped into it. I didn't mind. Though I thought what I read here on CB didn't happen ; other people's posts about people's reactions. I did have the opportunity to chat and discuss BlackBerry and bb10 and the Passport experience to a few of them. They were impressed and believe choice is good!

Posted via CB10

Hell is other people.
    09-22-16 08:40 PM
    First...Every time I hear someone go totally off the edge over a small handheld mobile device , I have to question their state of mind. If you can't keep your cool over a toy, how will you ever be able to deal with real practical matters... like life, for instance!!

This NEW AGE we're living in called "Digital" is still in it's infancy . Mobile devices are nothing more than very sophisticated toys to use for connecting to social networks so you can share your Photo's, video's, music and to let the world know where you are, where you're going, when you get to where you're going and why you went there in the first place.
    And let's not forget the all important games to distract you from doing something that may become useful to you when you grow up. (and of course, I'm just expressing MY opinion which is probably nothing more then an excuse for someone to question MY state of mind!)

Now regarding your reply:
    In the years I've been a member here, I try to "suggest" that when making these kind of controversial comments you add "IN MY OPINION." to those comments. I can't explain why but it seem to work, in that you won't get so many needless ,rude, mean replies because, after all, for as many people that feel the way you do about the Passport, about Three times as many people feel the complete opposite.way.

You'll never find THE perfect mobile device that "just works." It doesn't exist.,yet. And the day they do get it right cell phones will be taken off the market and replaced by some kind of chip implant. And then, of course by that time the machines will have taken over. So enjoiy what you've got while you can.

That's why we have the gift of choice. That's why we also have the choice to look ahead with a positive attitude instead of wasting time and useless energy on the negative..

Where is YOUR practicality. ??? Your personal negative opinion helps no one. because ANYONE with the slightest bit of practicality will have the good sense to search for many more opinions and information before investing in ANYTHING!!" .

I bought my Passport the day it was released to market. I have never had one single problem. The only difference between the software you installed in your device and the software that countless others have installed in their device points to the person that installed the software.... because we all have the same software.
    Now ,only you have the power to deal with the weird, rare ,awkward and not handy stuff. And if you're practical you'll figure that out on your own.

As far as your device running in an unstable manner the most common problem tends to be from a corrupt file or outdated software. . And , I'm sure you can figure out how to fix that.

THere is only one major thing in life that is A MUST. it's called dying! The ONLY reason a not handy handheld mobile device would be considered a must, would be caused by your own insecurity as to what others may think.
    If you plan on keeping your Passport "But it's mine," Then why not stop looking for all the negative... because it will just continue to act negative.
    Simply turn it into a positive experience.
    It's really a very easy process. All ya gotta do is want to!

Or get rid of the horrible contraption and find some device that will make you happy.
    Because in the end, as far as your reply goes. no one really cares to here about useless negative opinions.

Ya know, you could have said exactly the same things you said so negatively but in a positive manner. If you ever really want to be heard and taken seriously you might want to change your attitude.
    (Again, it's just a suggestion and only an opinion) From what I've experienced though, Positive always trumps the negative
    But what do I know> I can'r even remember what I had for breakfast!!
    Very well said, brother!

anon(3732391) likes this.
    09-23-16 10:16 AM
    BlackBerry, where I live is a status symbol so whenever I whip it out to take photographs people are like "is that a BlackBerry? It must have costed a fortune." quite true tho... the z30 costs 930$ here and passport 1000$ but some of my other Indian friends got it for like 20000rs which is approximately 297.3$ and that's craxy... I would buy 5 passports and 5 z30s if I got it that cheap... also BlackBerry has amazing resale value here... iam used to the compliments or reactions

Posted via my Redberry z30
    09-23-16 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry, where I live is a status symbol so whenever I whip it out to take photographs people are like "is that a BlackBerry? It must have costed a fortune." quite true tho... the z30 costs 930$ here and passport 1000$ but some of my other Indian friends got it for like 20000rs which is approximately 297.3$ and that's craxy... I would buy 5 passports and 5 z30s if I got it that cheap... also BlackBerry has amazing resale value here... iam used to the compliments or reactions

Posted via my Redberry z30
    If Passports are so expensive in your place you could make some money reselling from Ebay. Subject there is demand,of course.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 07:43 AM
    If Passports are so expensive in your place you could make some money reselling from Ebay. Subject there is demand,of course.

Posted via CB10
    Some people r doing exactly that.
    Search ebay.in for bb phones.
    People here in India r still so crazy about blackberry, that they wud gladly pay us$700 or more for a passport se. A Porsche design can fetch around us$1300. This is at today's exchange rate.
    And then they will proudly pull it out in front of an iUser, the onlookers r so impressed my my.
    They will use the cheap Android in the washroom for WhatsApp.

EDIT - this y bb hasn't yet launched dtek50 here.

09-25-16 08:06 AM
    I think this threads headline over sold the story.

This sounds like what always happens when guys get together and try to " brake your castanets" so to speak.

It's usually good natured and people just see if you can rise to the occasion and launch a brilliant counter offensive of well placed hacks and put downs back!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 08:41 AM
    Well it's a social thing apple and Samsung are a popular trend so basically people used to trend the BlackBerry but apple took over so basically everybody has apple or android phones that now BlackBerry is so rare to people's opinion it's a minority group people can make fun of

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 09:32 AM
    I still haven't encountered any of these type of interactions. The people who do say anything are usually impressed by it and ask questions.
    09-25-16 01:17 PM
    Jeez, it's only a friggin' phone, for Pete's sake. Just making a status symbol of something so 'trivial' in the greater scheme of things just demonstrates how lacking in 'class' some of you are making such a big deal out of diddly squat. Who gives a flying f**k what others think of your phone. It's what YOU like that matters, never mind what they like. Who cares if they laugh? Laugh at them, don't bury your Passport under a cushion.

Be yourself, be confident, do your own thing ...be classy. Confidence is the hallmark of class - ask anyone that matters - and everyone that walks around with an iPhone just because everyone else does (or some other Brand phone) will usually hold ill-thought through opinions that aren't worth hearing. Just another thing, it really is the pits to walk around with your handset permanently in your hand, caressing and stoking it and fiddling about with apps without doing anything constructive with it. Just put it away and get it out only when you are carrying out some essential business or communication on it - particularly in public places. Also, don't make noisy pointless trivial phone calls on it either, when on buses and trains. I really don't want to know what your latest escapades are when I am trying to peruse some work related conference papers.

Treat the darned thing like a device, not a lover.
    09-25-16 02:27 PM
    A collection of funny stories of people with iphone and android devices that have attempted to ridicule my blackberry devices:

-when the 4s first came out "my Siri will map my route faster than your blackberry.
    -actual results, my z10 at the time routed a destination and began directions before the 4s could open maps and route a direction.
    -numerous browsing challenges where the blackberry browser blew away Co worker others in terms of speed.
    -bragging of his new s7 having wireless charging, only to find out my 2 year old passport does too
    -another coworker bragging about a massive battery pack add-on phone case that gives their galaxy 3-days of phone use, only to find out my skinny stock 2 year old passport does the same
    -bragging about how huge the iphone or Android market is, only to hang their head when I explain that I can sideload literally any Google app ever made
    -iphone users bragging about their "uber security". Then me asking how secure it is when the apple servers were hacked and data altered, several times, when in all of blackberry existence they've never been hacked once
    -iphone users bragging the newest iphone comes with 64gb of storage. Then me, explaining that my 2 year old blackberry can handle 128gb of micro SD storage
    -"well, how are blackberry sales? Nobody uses them!" me: well if it's good enough for the cia, fbi, several presidents, and several foreign governments to use, it's secure enough for me.

The list goes on. Needless to say, I love trolling my coworkers back.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Last edited by 85_305; 09-25-16 at 07:26 PM.
    09-25-16 04:14 PM
    -bragging of the s7 having wireless charging, only to find out my 2 year old passport does too

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Woah, how does it do exactly? U mean BlackBerry Passport can use the wireless pad like samsung did & would charge at no problem?

From the Majestic BlackBerry Passport
    09-25-16 06:32 PM
    Yep they sure can buddy, just sit the phone on the wireless charger... and we were doing it two years ago.

PS the only reason my coworker is using the wireless charging pad is because his "weather proof" s7 has a moisture error in his charging port that hasn't allowed him to USB charge for a couple of weeks now.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    mototopo likes this.
    09-25-16 07:22 PM
    Yep they sure can buddy, just sit the phone on the wireless charger... and we were doing it two years ago.

PS the only reason my coworker is using the wireless charging pad is because his "weather proof" s7 has a moisture error in his charging port that hasn't allowed him to USB charge for a couple of weeks now.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Not all Passport have wireless charging sadly.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 09:33 AM
    I'm no pro, but they all definitely should as far as I know...

Posted via CB10 Passport
    09-26-16 10:27 AM
    Only the ATT passport can charge wirelessly. The ATT bastardized version.

On a similiar note, I was at a store yesterday and had my phone faced down. One clerk(yes there was two, not sure why) went, "This is your phone right?" (trying to make sure the previous person didn't leave it I think.

I said yes and grabbed it and flipped it over and she was like "Woah that's a blackberry, I didn't think they were still around." The other clerk was like "it is a touchscreen right?" and I said yup and the keyboard is touch sensitive, he looked confused so I showed him and his mind was blown.
    09-26-16 12:30 PM
95 ... 234